ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 19
« First < 71314151617 1819 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign a rugby player
RunKC 05:46 PM 03-27-2024
Interesting

Rugby star Louis Rees-Zammit will be signing with the #Chiefs on Friday, per sources.

After working out and impressing Kansas City’s staff earlier this week, they have agreed on terms. I’m told Rees-Zammit will be playing RB/WR. pic.twitter.com/o6ftzwhC6F

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 27, 2024

[Reply]
IrishChief 06:41 AM 03-30-2024
Ive had people who wouldn't have a scooby doo about NFL text me about this signing, the reach is massive on this side of the Atlantic.
[Reply]
neech 07:32 AM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by Jamie:
My question would be how much guaranteed money. Because "3 years with some guaranteed money" would also describe basically all UDFA contracts.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aranteed-money
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:29 AM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I read somewhere where he had run practice 40s in the 4.3s and he hasn’t probably had the same time of track training /coaching most of the college kids get specifically to run at at the combine , not playing football might only be the issue but it sounds like his dad played some American football , if he was a fan and watch the game /played madden etc.. some natural feel for space it could see him transitioning. Would be a cool story
He was timed running 24mph last year in a game. Hill's fastest last year was 22mph.
[Reply]
Chieftain 08:40 AM 03-30-2024
Anthony Schwartz who was drafted by the poo stains was also fast, very fast. Veach and Andy must see more to this kid's game to make such a move.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:31 AM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
He was timed running 24mph last year in a game. Hill's fastest last year was 22mph.
Even without pad , that I think would be faster than any soccer play speed recorded this year .
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:33 PM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by Hayneplane:
I would also expect his short burst speed to improve now that training will be geared towards single play explosiveness rather than 80 minutes stamina endurance as in rugby union. He will also likely bulk up as well adding muscle mass.

Of course he is going to be naive in learning the playcalls and running crisp routes but Andy Reid is smart enough to know that you don’t bring someone in because they can do things you don’t normally see and then try to force them to conform to all the norms of a player in their position. Trying to do that would be like acknowledging that Mahomes is the all time greatest scramble drill improviser in the game yet deciding that because Quarterbacks are traditionally pocket passers you are going to chain him to the pocket.

If he bulks up, he's going to get slower, not faster.

And 4.4 isn't slow. More than fast enough to play in the NFL.

He's another athletic guy. Andy really likes athletes, almost more than he likes football players, or so it seems at times.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:35 PM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
how fast does he run in pads while running a route?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:37 PM 03-30-2024
He doesn't take up a roster spot and no cap space. Why not have a fun story. Probably camp fodder but who cares.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:39 PM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
If he bulks up, he's going to get slower, not faster.

And 4.4 isn't slow. More than fast enough to play in the NFL.

He's another athletic guy. Andy really likes athletes, almost more than he likes football players, or so it seems at times.
I'm not so sure he really needs to bulk up any.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:40 PM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He doesn't take up a roster spot and no cap space. Why not have a fun story. Probably camp fodder but who cares.

Yep. I hope he does some cool stuff for us. Just not expecting a whole lot of snaps for him outside of STs in year 1.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:42 PM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm not so sure he really needs to bulk up any.

I don't think he does either. He's already 200 lbs., right? He looks buff enough to me anyway.
[Reply]
jdubya 12:45 PM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Haynie made the team and played a full season. He retired on his own from playing in the NFL.
My only point being, this isnt the first time a rugby to football conversion has been attempted. I live here in NorCal and remember the hype.

Just saying every year there are hundreds of phenomenal athletes in the US that have played football their entire lives and cant transition to the NFL. Its a long shot for a guy who has never played to have success here.

Having said that, with the new KO rules might enter new strategies and Andy is second to none in placing people in places to have success so Im not counting anybody out lol.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:57 PM 03-30-2024
They’re treating this guy like he’s a first rd pick. He’s probably makes the roster but won’t play much aside from ST’s
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:07 PM 03-30-2024

Chiefs Kingdom, get to know @LouisReesZammit! pic.twitter.com/K6tWn1HFvq

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) March 30, 2024

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:49 PM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by jdubya:
My only point being, this isnt the first time a rugby to football conversion has been attempted. I live here in NorCal and remember the hype.

Just saying every year there are hundreds of phenomenal athletes in the US that have played football their entire lives and cant transition to the NFL. Its a long shot for a guy who has never played to have success here.

Having said that, with the new KO rules might enter new strategies and Andy is second to none in placing people in places to have success so Im not counting anybody out lol.
I've literally mentioned Jordan Mailata twice in this thread already.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 19
« First < 71314151617 1819 >
Up