ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 34
« First < 212728293031 323334 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe Thuney to the Chiefs
Dante84 02:08 PM 03-15-2021

Former #Patriots G Joe Thuney is getting a 5-year deal from Kansas City. First bombshell.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) March 15, 2021

������ https://t.co/wWf0RuxRZC

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) March 15, 2021

More details on Joe Thuney's 5-year, $80M deal with the Chiefs:
Signing bonus: $17M
Base salaries: $990K, $13.9M, $15M, $15.5M, $15.5M
Workout bonuses totaling $2.11M

That structure keeps Thuney's 2021 cap number at just $4.5M.

KC still has room to work with in free agency.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 15, 2021

Originally Posted by TribalElder:

[Reply]
scho63 11:25 AM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No, where exactly did you see this?
He saw it during his Peyote trip right next to purple unicorn and hot mermaid.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:30 AM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Didn't we all tell you to get off FB, bro?
Yeah, yeah, I know.

Didn't see this one on FB though. Saw it on Twitter. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 11:30 AM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, yeah, I know.

Didn't see this one on FB though. Saw it on Twitter. :-)
Can we at least get a link?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:33 AM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Can we at least get a link?
Let me see if I can find it again. I don't actually have a Twitter account...
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:38 AM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I've seen a couple of rumors (unsubstantiated) that Thuney is considering retirement. Anybody else heard this?
That would help with cap space next year for sure.

Sign OBJ, re-sign Alegretti, and draft a replacement.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:40 AM 02-22-2023
Thuney has earned every penny. Awesome signing!!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:41 AM 02-22-2023

Since signing w/ the Chiefs in ‘21, Joe Thuney has allowed just 35 pressures on 1,621 pass blocking opportunities (including playoffs) — per PFF.

A downright insane 2.16% pressure rate allowed.

Can’t wait to watch the game’s best guard go against the best front in NFL history. pic.twitter.com/EiPpncZvFo

— Rob Searles (@RobBob17) February 11, 2023

[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:45 AM 02-22-2023

Joe Thuney brought it and then some against Philly’s dominant front.

His anchor allowed Mahomes to maneuver the pocket before busting his 26-yard scramble on the final drive.pic.twitter.com/udYWCkH9Mx https://t.co/tW39wVhCSe

— Rob Searles (@RobBob17) February 13, 2023

on this crazy play too https://t.co/N8j2wIhYyR

— Nate Tice (@Nate_Tice) February 15, 2023

[Reply]
penguinz 11:48 AM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
That would help with cap space next year for sure.

Sign OBJ, re-sign Alegretti, and draft a replacement.
Unless the way retirement against the cap has changed it impacts the cap the same as a cut so there really is no savings by him retiring.

He needs to play through the next season and then retire to have a significant savings.

Looking at over the cap if he retired after June 1 this year it would be a whopping $500k savings.

If the way retirements hit the cap has changed recently then ignore the above and please link because I could not find it. :-)
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:11 PM 02-22-2023
Assuming you can’t split the retirement cap hot over 2 years, only $2.3M saved per my math.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-c...-thuney-19028/
[Reply]
Urc Burry 12:32 PM 02-22-2023
He’s not retiring. There hasn’t been one mention of it

I will say I hated the signing at the time. Because it was at the same time we were pursuing Trent Williams, and boy did I want that to happen. But this has been one of Veach’s best moves. He’s so fucking reliable. Just plug him in and forget about it
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:37 PM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:

I will say I hated the signing at the time. Because it was at the same time we were pursuing Trent Williams, and boy did I want that to happen. But this has been one of Veach’s best moves. He’s so fucking reliable. Just plug him in and forget about it
Yeah, I went back and tried to find the comment but couldn't find it.

FWIW, I said "unsubstantiated" in the original post because that's exactly what it was. A couple of rando's in the comments saying they heard he might be retiring. I just wanted to mention it here in case anybody had heard something.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 12:37 PM 02-22-2023
If Thuney stays and the Chiefs win it all again, he will be tied for third in most super bowl wins by a player. The list is long at 4 wins, but still pretty impressive. If he stays and wins 2 more, he will be one of the top 3 players in super bowl wins. Tom Brady has 7 and Charles Haley has 5.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:43 PM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:

Some of us (myself included) lost sight of the simple notion that just because LT is the most important position on the line, that doesn’t mean you let the rest of the line rot in pursuit of your top priority.

We had mostly adequate LG play (not counting the Bucs SB) but the point was that we don’t aim for adequate, we aim for stellar. A fuck awesome G was available. So get a fuck awesome G when you have the chance. Didn’t have to be any more complicated than that.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:47 PM 02-22-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Some of us (myself included) lost sight of the simple notion that just because LT is the most important position on the line, that doesn’t mean you let the rest of the line rot in pursuit of your top priority.

We had mostly adequate LG play (not counting the Bucs SB) but the point was that we don’t aim for adequate, we aim for stellar. A **** awesome G was available. So get a **** awesome G when you have the chance. Didn’t have to be any more complicated than that.
We went from having elite tackle play (which allowed Mahomes to drift back to make plays) to elite interior play (which allowed Mahomes to excel from the pocket and scramble up the middle).

Both styles have worked to a legendary degree.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 34
« First < 212728293031 323334 >
Up