ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 34
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe Thuney to the Chiefs
Dante84 02:08 PM 03-15-2021

Former #Patriots G Joe Thuney is getting a 5-year deal from Kansas City. First bombshell.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) March 15, 2021

������ https://t.co/wWf0RuxRZC

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) March 15, 2021

More details on Joe Thuney's 5-year, $80M deal with the Chiefs:
Signing bonus: $17M
Base salaries: $990K, $13.9M, $15M, $15.5M, $15.5M
Workout bonuses totaling $2.11M

That structure keeps Thuney's 2021 cap number at just $4.5M.

KC still has room to work with in free agency.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 15, 2021

Originally Posted by TribalElder:

[Reply]
Pants 12:58 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
This has been a great offseason. Looking forward to the rest of it.

I have no doubt in my mind that we are going to win the SB LVI
Fuck yea
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 11:34 AM 03-19-2021
Reiter is good at pass blocking, less so on the run. I think he would be even better with better guards on either side of him.

I am good with him coming back on a 6-8 million dollar a year deal.

11-12 million a year like some were forcasting is way too much to pay and we should let him walk if that is what he wants.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:16 PM 03-19-2021
Would love to have Reiter back on a reasonable deal.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:36 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Thuney is the best guard the Chiefs have had since Will Shields retired and I expect him to make a huge difference in the coming years.
I agree because the more I learn about him, the more I get excited. There’s a bunch of reasons the center and tackle on either side of him always shined.

Brett Veach is going to put a badass kid next to him and Pat may never get sacked again.

Badass rook
Thuney
Reiter
Long
Niang/Remmers

That has a potential to be a really good OL.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:49 AM 04-02-2021

Joe Thuney can solve a Rubik's cube in less than 120 seconds. This might be the best two-minute drill in the NFL 😳 pic.twitter.com/6JuGjmqVH1

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 2, 2021

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:21 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:

He's smart!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:21 PM 05-26-2021

Hello there, Mr. @JosephThuney 👋 pic.twitter.com/wnq8VshSez

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 26, 2021

[Reply]
Hoover 03:25 PM 05-26-2021
Allegretti holding the bags!
[Reply]
JakeF 08:03 PM 05-26-2021
Has Thuney worked out at RT any thus far?

Some PFF guys was talking about how if Niang isn't ready to go at RT this year, the Chiefs might move Thuney to RT because we have so many Guards.

Brown, Smith, Humphrey, LDT/Long, Thuney

If Long is ready to go that is a seriously talented Oline. Brown and Smith bring some serious power to the left of our line.

Thuney is a technician that can be a quality OT. The Chiefs signed Thuney to a tweener contract, paying him between a guard and a tackle so it fits.(from another NFL guy)
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:18 PM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:

Some PFF guys was talking about how if Niang isn't ready to go at RT this year, the Chiefs might move Thuney to RT because we have so many Guards.

If Long is ready to go that is a seriously talented Oline. Brown and Smith bring some serious power to the left of our line.

Thuney is a technician that can be a quality OT. The Chiefs signed Thuney to a tweener contract, paying him between a guard and a tackle so it fits.(from another NFL guy)
You're going to get butchered for referencing PFF guys and for suggesting Niang won't be ready, and you absolutely should.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:19 PM 05-26-2021
1. Thuney isn’t playing T barring injuries. Remmers will be the RT if Niang isn’t ready.

2. He wasn’t signed for “tweener money”. He was paid like an elite G, which he is.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:29 PM 05-26-2021

Did PFF run a Standard Hyperparametric Integer Transvector on our roster? I don't have any advanced statistics on hand like PFF does, but I just eyeballed a few of the variables, added a few simple co-variates, and punched a few numbers into the calculator on my phone, and I got the result, "If Niang isn't ready at RT, that's why they signed Mike fucking Remmers you goddamn shit-chucking apes."

Further research might be needed, and again, I don't have all the data, but at least to me, that's what the results are pointing to. I hope PFF confirms my findings when their fancy beep boop machine churns and figures out the answer.
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:51 PM 05-26-2021
Some PFF guys was talking
PFF

[Reply]
frozenchief 09:19 PM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Did PFF run a Standard Hyperparametric Integer Transvector on our roster? I don't have any advanced statistics on hand like PFF does, but I just eyeballed a few of the variables, added a few simple co-variates, and punched a few numbers into the calculator on my phone, and I got the result, "If Niang isn't ready at RT, that's why they signed Mike fucking Remmers you goddamn shit-chucking apes."

Further research might be needed, and again, I don't have all the data, but at least to me, that's what the results are pointing to. I hope PFF confirms my findings when their fancy beep boop machine churns and figures out the answer.
Standard Hyperparametric Integer TransVector tests. Rep to you.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:26 PM 05-26-2021
In what world would we pay a guy elite LG money to be a pretty good tackle at best, all so we can play a pretty good guy at LG in his place.

The Chiefs paid Thuney to be an elite guard, period. And there are lots of reasons why they thought a guard was top priority. If you don't think so then watch how quickly mahomes gets his shit pushed into him and how awful we are at running screen plays.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 34
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Up