ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 34
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe Thuney to the Chiefs
Dante84 02:08 PM 03-15-2021

Former #Patriots G Joe Thuney is getting a 5-year deal from Kansas City. First bombshell.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) March 15, 2021

������ https://t.co/wWf0RuxRZC

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) March 15, 2021

More details on Joe Thuney's 5-year, $80M deal with the Chiefs:
Signing bonus: $17M
Base salaries: $990K, $13.9M, $15M, $15.5M, $15.5M
Workout bonuses totaling $2.11M

That structure keeps Thuney's 2021 cap number at just $4.5M.

KC still has room to work with in free agency.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 15, 2021

Originally Posted by TribalElder:

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:36 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
I am hoping Thuney is on the phone with Andrews, convincing him to come to KC.
Suddenly the interior of our line is SOLID. what a FIX that would be.
If you believe PFF, Reiter graded out nearly 4 points higher than Andrews.

I never believed that Reiter would get $11 million per on the market but he's a solid center and a plus player in pass pro.

I don't think I'll ever understand this irrational Reiter hate on CP.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:36 AM 03-18-2021
They signed Thuney to play G, hence why they were still trying to sign Williams after.

Nothing has changed.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:43 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I never believed that Reiter would get $11 million per on the market but he's a solid center and a plus player in pass pro.

If they decide to bring Reiter back, Im fine with that. Upgrading the Guards next to him will be a much needed improvement.

If not, I would like to see Andrews. Id prefer an experienced center, either way.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:56 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
They signed Thuney to play G, hence why they were still trying to sign Williams after.

Nothing has changed.
Kyle Long was introduced as a G

Joe Thuney was introduced as an OL

DRAMA ENSUES
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:58 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

DRAMA ENSUES
I would laugh if Veach came out and announced him as our LT.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:59 AM 03-18-2021

Every bit of this. CP has an irrational hatred of Reiter, likely due to him not being a traditional road-grader. For whatever reason, his pass-pro is vastly underrated, even though that should be priority #1. It's stupid, but it's what we do.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:03 PM 03-18-2021

DRAMA ENSUES
I’m sure Thuney would be thrilled to know he signed for G money only to play LT.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:17 PM 03-18-2021
He seems completely fine with whatever. And he should because he just got a mega contract and has never actually played LT for any length of games in the league

When asked if Chiefs have spoken to him about changing positions to center or even tackle, Joe Thuney says, "Not yet." Adds that he wants to contribute to winning and whatever happens is fine with him.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) March 18, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 12:19 PM 03-18-2021
He seems completely fine with whatever. And he should because he just got a mega contract and has never actually played LT for any length of games in the league

Exactly why the Chiefs won’t be depending on him to start at LT barring injuries.

Also, what do you expect him to say to the media? “Fuck no I’m not playing LT unless they give me LT money”.

Having him play LT out of necessity due to injury is one thing. Signing him for G money only to immediately plug him at LT is another.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:23 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Every bit of this. CP has an irrational hatred of Reiter, likely due to him not being a traditional road-grader. For whatever reason, his pass-pro is vastly underrated, even though that should be priority #1. It's stupid, but it's what we do.
Not fat enough. /Bizzaro Omaha
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:25 PM 03-18-2021
Where's this "he signed for LT money" coming from?

The franchise tender for guards is just a hair over $18M $14.5M.

Thuney's deal was 5 years, $80M or $16M AAV, so he's not even getting paid like a top 5 GUARD, let alone like a tackle.

My bad, reading the wrong thing. Edited.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:43 PM 03-18-2021
I still think Thuney could be our best option at LT right now. He played LT in college and Belichick put him at LT all of training camp in 2019. He was ready to roll with him.

The guy is a damn good technician and an elite pass protector. He’s very Mitchell Schwartz like.

I want to hear Veach’s presser. We got Long, LDT is coming back and Wylie is too. I could definitely see that as the plan.
I may be a loner on this one, but I'm really damn excited to be this much better at guard. And I'd rather thuney be elite at guard than good enough at LT.

Seriously, the best way to protect mahomes right now is to introduce playaction, screens, quick pass, misdirection. Guards will do that. I'm confident we'll at least find starter level talent at both tackles but think we're underplaying how much our interior upgrades improve our tackles.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:45 PM 03-18-2021
Thuney is the best guard the Chiefs have had since Will Shields retired and I expect him to make a huge difference in the coming years.
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:48 PM 03-18-2021
This has been a great offseason. Looking forward to the rest of it.

I have no doubt in my mind that we are going to win the SB LVI
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:57 PM 03-18-2021

Chiefs struggle to run the ball, so people need a scapegoat. Again, no, Reiter's not the greatest, but he's not terrible. And given the LG position has been a perpetual revolving door since Jeff Allen walked away in free agency the first time through, they're tired of bitching about the lack of a Brian Waters. And LDT signed that long term deal, so it's not his fault either. Ergo, it's Reiter.

We were doing just fine running the ball when Osemele was healthy. My guess is this upgrade at LG will make people forget a lot about whatever Reiter's shortcomings might be (if we re-sign him as a starter, that is)
[Reply]
Page 25 of 34
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Up