ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 34
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe Thuney to the Chiefs
Dante84 02:08 PM 03-15-2021

Former #Patriots G Joe Thuney is getting a 5-year deal from Kansas City. First bombshell.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) March 15, 2021

������ https://t.co/wWf0RuxRZC

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) March 15, 2021

More details on Joe Thuney's 5-year, $80M deal with the Chiefs:
Signing bonus: $17M
Base salaries: $990K, $13.9M, $15M, $15.5M, $15.5M
Workout bonuses totaling $2.11M

That structure keeps Thuney's 2021 cap number at just $4.5M.

KC still has room to work with in free agency.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 15, 2021

Originally Posted by TribalElder:

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:17 PM 03-15-2021
A underrated person in the KC Chiefs organization is Brandt Tillis
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:18 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Gotta spread the credit around.

Clark Hunt writing checks that are breaking necks! Without him signing those big signing bonuses, we wouldn’t have the cap flexibility year in and year out to bring in top talents with minimal initial cap hits.

We probably still have come to 30m in cap space, right?

How anyone would bitch about Clark Hunt is beyond me.
[Reply]
Dante84 04:19 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Gotta spread the credit around.

Clark Hunt writing checks that are breaking necks! Without him signing those big signing bonuses, we wouldn’t have the cap flexibility year in and year out to bring in top talents with minimal initial cap hits.

We probably still have come to 30m in cap space, right?
I saw one report say we had 38 this morning, so that would have us at 33.5 available.

And keep in mind, we still (apparently) haven't adjusted Kelce, or extended Tyrann yet. Or Hill.

We got ammo if we need it.
[Reply]
-King- 04:19 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
He only cares about soccer!!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:19 PM 03-15-2021
Mahomes can nail receivers falling on his dick parallel to the ground, can only imagine how dangerous he would be in a clean pocket.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:19 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Who has bitched about Clark?? Dude is one of the best owners in all of sports
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:25 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Entirely possible the Chiefs felt they wouldn't be able to pry Williams away from the 49ers and quickly pivoted to Thuney.

Gotta trust Veach whatever it is and it's exciting to have a great player on the interior OL for the first time in forever.
Its absolutely great to snatch up a legit All Pro, but dang man we're still needing that blindside bodyguard...
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:26 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Mahomes can nail receivers falling on his dick parallel to the ground, can only imagine how dangerous he would be in a clean pocket.
His "game knowledge" or whatever you want to call it is going to skyrocket this year. From an already high level.

He's going to learn how to use CEH and the other RBs in the passing game more effectively now.

In addition to all of the other badass shit he was doing before.

It's game fucking over, NFL. Thanks for playing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:26 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Its absolutely great to snatch up a legit All Pro, but dang man we're still needing that blindside bodyguard...
I'm a big TwistedChief fan but he's wrong on this one.

The timing of the Thuney signing suggest he was their target from the beginning. He wasn't plan B or anything of the sort.

They're still working on the tackle position but make no mistake, the timing of this deal suggest Thuney was their prime target all along.
[Reply]
In58men 04:28 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
He only cares about soccer!!
At one point, it most certainly felt like that lol.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:33 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

The timing of the Thuney signing suggest he was their target from the beginning. He wasn't plan B or anything of the sort.

They're still working on the tackle position but make no mistake, the timing of this deal suggest Thuney was their prime target all along.
Yeah I'm still catching up on this thread, the way this deal is structured is letting me breathe a little easier in regard to cap room for a LT called Silverdick

Don't get me wrong, not complaining about this guy at all... just wasn't the move I was expecting, but if Veach and co wanted to get LG locked down first who am I to judge
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:34 PM 03-15-2021
It makes so much sense to empty the piggybank this offseason when everyone is cash strapped, but the cap is going to go up a bunch the next couple of years.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:36 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

I think they can walk and chew gum. I think they had two targets, and they've gotten one so far.

the other is very much still on the board.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:37 PM 03-15-2021
Veach is hungry.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:40 PM 03-15-2021
Jan. 2019-damn this defense sucks. Veach: Fuck this guy, fuck this guy, fuck this guy, fuck this coordinator, fuck this staff, give me this guy, this guy, this guy, and these coaches.

Feb. 2020-that went pretty great. Let's bring all these motherfuckers back together.

Feb. 2021-Veach: What the fuck is this offensive line bullshit? Fuck this guy, fuck this guy, fuck this guy, give me this motherfucker, and that motherfucker, and let's draft a couple more motherfuckers so that shit doesn't happen again.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 34
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up