ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 150 of 152
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL Raiders suck thread****
Hammock Parties 02:54 PM 07-26-2019
So much fail in that franchise they need an official thread like the Donkeys.

Let's get it going.

Raiders WR Antonio Brown has been placed on the non-football injury list to begin camp, per source

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) July 26, 2019

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:54 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Definite shithole but it was our shithole lol. I have many memories at the HOT (House of Thrills) in its day. Tailgating was second to none. Most fans were from the greater Bay Area and Central Valley. The City of Oakland itself was/is a definite shithole.
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Have you been to Arrowhead?
Do you know what second to none means?

Does not mean best. Means none are better. Arrowhead knows how to tailgate, but it isn't better than the other great tailgate stadiums around the league. Not worse either.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:27 PM 12-13-2023
We might get grapes

Originally Posted by :
HENDERSON, Nev. — Aidan O’Connell took the podium on Tuesday afternoon, a weekly appearance that signifies the Las Vegas Raiders rookie quarterback will be starting again against the Los Angeles Chargers on Thursday night.

Raiders coach Antonio Pierce had said Monday that he was still evaluating whether to make a change at quarterback and other positions after the team’s third straight loss, a brutal 3-0 ordeal to the Minnesota Vikings. But the fact that the Raiders are on a short week seems to have been a factor in sticking with O’Connell over going back to veteran Jimmy Garoppolo.

Could Garoppolo return for the Christmas Day game against the Kansas City Chiefs if O’Connell doesn’t greatly improve on last Sunday’s eight-first-downs performance? Very likely.

It depends on the rookie.

[Reply]
KC Hawks 02:37 PM 01-23-2024

An AFC West jump: Raiders are working to hire former Chargers’ general manager Tom Telesco as their new general manager, per league sources. pic.twitter.com/tRrl0DSwsn

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 23, 2024

[Reply]
jdubya 02:48 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
His coach picks have been awful but his rosters have always had talent. Meh
[Reply]
Mecca 02:50 PM 01-23-2024
That's such a weird hire.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:55 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by jdubya:
His coach picks have been awful but his rosters have always had talent. Meh
He tends to nail his 1st round picks, I'll give him that.

But he's REALLY struggled over the last several years outside of that. Moreover, the 1st round picks he's gotten right were either guys taken in the top 5 or guys who you're sitting there shouting "NOOOOOO!!!! Why is this guy falling!! The damn Chargers are gonna get him!"

Derwin James and Rashawn Slater are the easiest examples. I could not for the life of me figure out why the league let either of those guys fall to SD. They were picks that anybody on this board could've made.

He took a gamble on Herbert and it hit. But correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Herbert a guy who most thought would go 1.1 that season and he had an off year? It wasn't as though the guy didn't have a massive pedigree. A tough platform season pushed him behind Tua and for most that made very little sense. Even that had an element of luck to it.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:08 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He tends to nail his 1st round picks, I'll give him that.

But he's REALLY struggled over the last several years outside of that. Moreover, the 1st round picks he's gotten right were either guys taken in the top 5 or guys who you're sitting there shouting "NOOOOOO!!!! Why is this guy falling!! The damn Chargers are gonna get him!"

Derwin James and Rashawn Slater are the easiest examples. I could not for the life of me figure out why the league let either of those guys fall to SD. They were picks that anybody on this board could've made.

He took a gamble on Herbert and it hit. But correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Herbert a guy who most thought would go 1.1 that season and he had an off year? It wasn't as though the guy didn't have a massive pedigree. A tough platform season pushed him behind Tua and for most that made very little sense. Even that had an element of luck to it.
He also completely cratered the Chargers salary cap. Hopefully he does the same in Vegas.
[Reply]
jdubya 03:34 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
He also completely cratered the Chargers salary cap. Hopefully he does the same in Vegas.
Nope. Raiders hired Tom Delaney to do their books.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:45 PM 01-23-2024
The Raiders are really positioning themselves to be at the bottom of the AFC West for the foreseeable future.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:00 PM 01-23-2024
Mark Davis:

Hires Broncos coach that the Raiders put 59 points on.

Hires Chargers GM that the Raiders put 63 points on.

What is next? Hiring Todd Haley?? Herm Edwards? What failed Chief will he hire?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:48 PM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
Mark Davis:

Hires Broncos coach that the Raiders put 59 points on.

Hires Chargers GM that the Raiders put 63 points on.

What is next? Hiring Todd Haley?? Herm Edwards? What failed Chief will he hire?
Bob Sutton is available.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:28 AM 01-24-2024
Telesco built some very talented teams in SD.

Poor bastard was also in SD where talented teams have been doomed forever.

Not my top choice, but not terrible either.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:50 PM 01-24-2024
Meh, I was hoping Telesco would end up in KC in an advisory role. Dud NAILS his first round picks every single year. James and Slater were both incredible picks at their spots in the draft.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:53 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Meh, I was hoping Telesco would end up in KC in an advisory role. Dud NAILS his first round picks every single year. James and Slater were both incredible picks at their spots in the draft.
Veach seems to do pretty good in the first round. I imagine he would do even better if he drafted where the Chargers tend to draft vs 28-32 like KC has done since Mahomes became the starter.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:54 PM 01-24-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Veach seems to do pretty good in the first round. I imagine he would do even better if he drafted where the Chargers tend to draft vs 28-32 like KC has done since Mahomes became the starter.
Oh, 100% agree. Burt doesn't NEED Telesco's help, but I thought the Golden Horseshoe lodged firmly up his backside might help.
[Reply]
Page 150 of 152
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152 >
Up