ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 53
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
staylor26 06:56 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Not necessarily. If he was open consistently, they could come at the expense of incompletions. Hill and Kelce would have the same number of receptions and instead of Mahomes feeling the need to force a ball to them when they're covered resulting in an incompletion or having to throw it away, he could throw it to Hardman.
:-) :-)
[Reply]
O.city 07:00 PM 12-01-2020
Not necessarily. If he was open consistently, they could come at the expense of incompletions. Hill and Kelce would have the same number of receptions and instead of Mahomes feeling the need to force a ball to them when they're covered resulting in an incompletion or having to throw it away, he could throw it to Hardman.
If this were madden, you’d have a point.

When hardman gets twrgets, he’s generally open. A lot. I’m guessing that happens a lot.

There’s a finite number of throws per game. It’s not as easy as “look to see who’s open and throw it to them”
[Reply]
staylor26 07:01 PM 12-01-2020
That might be the dumbest post I’ve ever seen from King and that says A LOT.

It’s SO fucking stupid.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:02 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
For hardman to have better numbers he would need more targets. Those targets would be at the expense of Hill and Kelce. You know, two guys on hall of fame type paths.

For fucks sake guys.
Literally not enough offensive snaps to go around. Bucs gave us 72 snaps, which is almost 10 more than what the rest of our opponents have given us on average. 46 passing plays. Just 20 rushing. The other ten negated by penalty, so clean that up a little and we might have 5 more snaps.

23 tgts went to Hill and Kelce. Just 13 between Sammy and DRob. but that just leaves 10 for everyone else, including RBs. Can't take away snaps from Watkins and DRob because they're more integral to the offense. Sammy influences the defense more than every other receiver, and Drob run blocks better than Hardman.

And most games there aren't 72 offensive snaps to work with.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:03 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Hardman is waaaaaaaaaaaay beyond "decent".

He was Pro Bowl returner in his first season and has 11 TD's in 27 regular season games.
And the plays with the #1 and #2 receiving yardage leaders in the NFL, and the #1 and #10 receiving TD leaders in the NFL.

Herp. Derp. Why hasn't Hardman caught 10 TD passes and have 1000 yards? What a wasted draft pick. Herp. Derp.

Seriously people. WTF

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
-King- 07:25 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
If this were madden, you’d have a point.

When hardman gets twrgets, he’s generally open. A lot. I’m guessing that happens a lot.

There’s a finite number of throws per game. It’s not as easy as “look to see who’s open and throw it to them”
Mahomes could easily be a 70% passer if there were more reliable options than Hill and Kelce.

Case in point when they started doubling Kelce and Hill more in the Bucs game. That was Hardmans time to shine and he didn't outside the busted coverage play that we missed a touchdown on.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:34 PM 12-01-2020
Mahomes could easily be a 70% passer if there were more reliable options than Hill and Kelce.

Case in point when they started doubling Kelce and Hill more in the Bucs game. That was Hardmans time to shine and he didn't outside the busted coverage play that we missed a touchdown on.
Hardman has 972 yards and 9 TD’s on 80 targets over the last 2 years you buttfucking moron. He’s a very productive/efficient player on a per target basis.
[Reply]
-King- 07:43 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Hardman has 972 yards and 9 TD’s on 80 targets over the last 2 years you buttfucking moron. He’s a very productive/efficient player on a per target basis.
That's fine. But when Hill and Kelce started getting doubled, that was his time to shine and he didn't.

He's still a decent #3 wide receiver though. But I don't think it's wrong to want more especially when Hill and Kelce are both commanding double teams.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:49 PM 12-01-2020
That's fine. But when Hill and Kelce started getting doubled, that was his time to shine and he didn't.

He's still a decent #3 wide receiver though. But I don't think it's wrong to want more especially when Hill and Kelce are both commanding double teams.
:-)

Anytime it comes down to really talking football, it’s so obvious how fucking clueless you are.

If Mahomes doesn’t throw an awful ball he finishes with over 100 yards and a TD on just 5 targets. How exactly is that Hardman’s fault?

O.City made a point that Hardman can only be as productive as his targets. He’s very productive/efficient with the targets he does get and is consistently open when he gets them. This is fucking simple, but apparently you’ve gone full retard.
[Reply]
O.city 07:50 PM 12-01-2020

So you’re saying you wish our 2nd year 2nd round wr should be what? A legit #2 fringe number 1 guy at this point?

The other team gets paid to. There are probably what, 16 or so guys in the league that can get open consistently without scheme and help?

This seems a similar argument some probably have about their qb. “Look at what Mahomes is doing, why can’t we hold Watson to that standard” well, because the guy is on an insane level.

It’s the same with DK.

And that’s ok.
[Reply]
O.city 07:53 PM 12-01-2020
Hell probably a lot in about 40-45 catches for 7-800 yards and 4-5 tds.

What are we expecting the 4/5 option in this offense to have?
[Reply]
-King- 07:53 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

Anytime it comes down to really talking football, it’s so obvious how fucking clueless you are.

If Mahomes doesn’t throw an awful ball he finishes with over 100 yards and a TD on just 5 targets. How exactly is that Hardman’s fault?

O.City made a point that Hardman can only be as productive as his targets. He’s very productive/efficient with the targets he does get and is consistently open when he gets them. This is fucking simple, but apparently you’ve gone full retard.
I never blamed Hardman on that ball. Mahomes should have hit him. But the difference between him taking advantage of kelce and Hill being double teamed isn't one play (which was a blown coverage anyway).
[Reply]
BWillie 07:55 PM 12-01-2020
If Hardman wasn't in the KC offense he would really kind of struggle. There cannot be a better offense suited for him than this one. As I said the day he was drafted and took heat for it, hes an athlete that plays football not a football player thats an athlete.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:55 PM 12-01-2020
Mahomes throws to Hardman with success. The Jets, Ravens and Patriots game showed that.

Unfortunately he’s not getting enough plays bc he’s the same type of player as Tyreek and he can’t block. He isn’t getting those snaps over Robinson or Sammy due to that.

But he is very good when needed.
[Reply]
O.city 07:56 PM 12-01-2020
He had 5 targets.

Hill had 15.

8 for Kelce

Even if they’re doubled, Kelce and hill and still rightfully getting targets. They’re that good
[Reply]
Page 18 of 53
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up