ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 135 of 240
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145185235 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
Jimmya 07:19 PM 10-08-2019
On the radio this morning "lots of Philly fans laughing at the Chiefs fans that still have hope in Andy Reid."
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:22 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by Jimmya:
On the radio this morning "lots of Philly fans laughing at the Chiefs fans that still have hope in Andy Reid."
At some point, you gotta agree with them - Doug Pederson went there and won a Super Bowl with the guy who was our backup QB the year before, and the same year Andy Reid lost at home to a Tennessee team with a lame-duck head coach.

Think about that.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:00 PM 10-08-2019
So, the Chiefs should replace the second or third best coach in the NFL with who exactly? Any reasonable options out there? Or is this a "let's just wing it," kind of thing?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:11 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So, the Chiefs should replace the second or third best coach in the NFL with who exactly? Any reasonable options out there? Or is this a "let's just wing it," kind of thing?
Bienemy. He’s probably gonna be the next Redskins HC tho
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:15 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Bienemy. He’s probably gonna be the next Redskins HC tho
Don't think Bieniemy is ready for the HC job. I like him and think he's a good coach, but I don't want him rushed into a HC too early and get screwed by inexperience.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:23 PM 10-08-2019
Don't think Bieniemy is ready for the HC job. I like him and think he's a good coach, but I don't want him rushed into a HC too early and get screwed by inexperience.
He’s on the Redskins short list along with 2 others. It’s fine if he leaves tho because Reid’s heir apparent is already on the coaching staff in Mike Kafka. He will be the next OC too
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:36 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
He’s on the Redskins short list along with 2 others. It’s fine if he leaves tho because Reid’s heir apparent is already on the coaching staff in Mike Kafka. He will be the next OC too
He should avoid going to the Redskins at all costs. That organization is the dumpster fire of all dumpster fires. The ownership and the GM are completely loony.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:43 PM 10-08-2019
Steve Smith on Inside the NFL was analyzing how the Colts contained the Chiefs’ offense and indicated that the Chiefs WR’s weren’t running routes for most of the game.

Basically they were just going to an area of the field with the apparent plan to have Mahomes throw them open with a perfect pass.

Steve Smith said Andy needed to scheme up more designed routes.

Mecole and Pringle I can understand not being experienced with running more sophisticated routes yet, but DRob is a veteran WR so not sure why Andy isn’t calling more designed routes for him.

This seems to further confirm the idea that Andy was relying on Mahomes to beat the Colts without much schematic support.

Minimal play calls to negate the pressure and compensate for the bad offensive line play and apparently no designed routes for the WR’s.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:50 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Steve Smith on Inside the NFL was analyzing how the Colts contained the Chiefs’ offense and indicated that the Chiefs WR’s weren’t running routes for most of the game.

Basically they were just going to an area of the field with the apparent plan to have Mahomes throw them open with a perfect pass.

Mecole and Pringle I can understand not being experienced with running more sophisticated routes yet, but DRob is a veteran WR so not sure why Andy isn’t calling more designed routes for him.

This seems to further confirm the idea that Andy was relying on Mahomes to beat the Colts without much schematic support.

Minimal play calls to negate the pressure and compensate for the bad offensive line play and apparently no designed routes for the WR’s.
Not to argue with you, but you know that this is kind of the exact opposite of everything we know about Andy, right? He's an OCD details guy. His playbook is literally hundreds of pages. His play designs are the envy of literally every OC/HC in the league.

I don't know what happened Sunday night with our WRs, but I don't think Andy was just saying, "run over there and wait for Pat to throw you the ball." It just doesn't make any sense given what we know about Andy Reid.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:51 PM 10-08-2019

Mahomes is making Andy lazy.

As soon as the Fat Man saw that they were going more man coverage than zone, he should've adjusted.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:00 PM 10-08-2019
I like Andy...but that was a very bizarre game plan on Sunday.

Watkins, Hill and Fisher out...and they are still throwing 10+ yards every other play. Mahomes was obviously hurt...and the o-line was having issues.

Indy was missing their star LB and had 2 back-up safeties in...should have gone to the dink-n-dunk/screen game for a while and give his defense a breather.

It's strange things like this...and a history of it that makes me wonder if he takes a couple of intentional dives a season.

It looked they were still trying to play their regular offense with two of their best WRs out....which obviously wasn't working.

Kelce pushing the EB....made me wonder if he was pissed at the play calling. Like "what the **** are you doing".
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:29 PM 10-08-2019
Not to argue with you, but you know that this is kind of the exact opposite of everything we know about Andy, right? He's an OCD details guy. His playbook is literally hundreds of pages. His play designs are the envy of literally every OC/HC in the league.

I don't know what happened Sunday night with our WRs, but I don't think Andy was just saying, "run over there and wait for Pat to throw you the ball." It just doesn't make any sense given what we know about Andy Reid.
Steve Smith, a.k.a. a 15 year NFL WR made this observation about the Chiefs’ WR’s so I would say there is validity to it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:39 PM 10-08-2019
Steve Smith, a.k.a. a 15 year NFL WR made this observation about the Chiefs’ WR’s so I would say there is validity to it.
Yeah, and I have a lot of respect for Steve Smith. All I'm saying is that given Andy's famous over-engineering of his play designs, I don't think he'd really just have the team run around without routes.

It would be completely antithetical to everything we know about him.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:46 PM 10-08-2019
Andy is rather slow when there's no buffet in play. Lard-ass...
[Reply]
Jerm 09:50 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
At some point, you gotta agree with them - Doug Pederson went there and won a Super Bowl with the guy who was our backup QB the year before, and the same year Andy Reid lost at home to a Tennessee team with a lame-duck head coach.

Think about that.
I love Doug Pederson...not advocating for him or Andy to be gone or anything like that but I've always been intrigued by Pederson with Mahomes.

Shit I mean there's others I've thought about in that regard as well...Lincoln Riley, Kyle Shanahan, Frank Reich, etc.

It's an interesting thought exercise if you get bored.

It's gonna be super interesting when Andy does leave because I think you'll pretty much have the pick of who you want....coaches are going to be falling over themselves to coach Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 135 of 240
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145185235 > Last »
Up