ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 56
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I want to show you my newest sports card...
arrowheadnation 01:18 AM 05-21-2020
The sports card market is absolutely booming right now. I sold off enough of my other stuff to buy this. There are only 10 of them. It is indescribably beautiful.

[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 09:37 PM 01-03-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Getting warmer. It's a front seven player. Not a Hall of Famer. He had a short run of dominance.
Ok,pro bowler,but not HOF,haha.I have no idea then,i don't remember all the Bears back then.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:41 PM 01-03-2022
Getting warmer. It's a front seven player. Not a Hall of Famer. He had a short run of dominance.
Originally Posted by Curé:
ditka, payton and jim mcmahon are the only bears i could name. and i know that guy that died that they made the sad movie about but i don't know his name. and refrigerator. and trubisky lol.
You'll have trouble guessing. I remember this guy from my youth and he was a really good player for a while, one of the top DTs in the league during his early years. He played alongside Walter Payton. But he burned out really fast and is not well-known today. I presume he had some sort of career-derailing injury.

I present to you...

Wally Chambers.

[Reply]
Easy 6 09:44 PM 01-03-2022
Wally was just about to give him a patented Dan Sorenson karate chop to the dome
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:46 PM 01-03-2022
I watched a movie the other day where a character had a valuable sports card, and it prompted me to look up valuable football cards. I saw that the 1975 Walter Payton rookie card is valuable, and I thought, "I have that one." So I dug around in the closet, and sure enough, I have it.

Anyone got an idea how this would grade out? When I looked at it I thought it was pretty much perfect, but when I took photos I can see a few imperfections around the edges.

Hard to say. It would depend on which grading company graded it. Some can vary wildly with quality of grading. PSA, BGS, SGC, and CSG are the big 4. PSA, BGS and CSG will be graded fairly equally across the board. SGC I have seen to have some consistency issues, but I could say that about every single grading company.

I will say however by looking at your card it does have top left and bottom left corners issues. Some of the edges show chipping and and I'm sure that they aren't as clean if it were coming out of a pack. The front looks centered fairly ok left to right, maybe a little more off top to bottom. The back looks clean of any wax, but does show some centering issues I highlighted about on the front of the card.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a grade as low as a 3 and as high as a 5. And 5 would be generous IMO. But since I am not holding the card in my hand, take it with a grain of salt.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:59 PM 01-03-2022
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Hard to say. It would depend on which grading company graded it. Some can vary wildly with quality of grading. PSA, BGS, SGC, and CSG are the big 4. PSA, BGS and CSG will be graded fairly equally across the board. SGC I have seen to have some consistency issues, but I could say that about every single grading company.

I will say however by looking at your card it does have top left and bottom left corners issues. Some of the edges show chipping and and I'm sure that they aren't as clean if it were coming out of a pack. The front looks centered fairly ok left to right, maybe a little more off top to bottom. The back looks clean of any wax, but does show some centering issues I highlighted about on the front of the card.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a grade as low as a 3 and as high as a 5. And 5 would be generous IMO. But since I am not holding the card in my hand, take it with a grain of salt.
Wow, really? I looked at some pictures and was guessing it would be a 7 to 8. Maybe that's wishful thinking, though. It looks great in person, but the photos seem to highlight the rough edges.

I appreciate your neutral perspective, and I'll cancel the order for my new Porsche.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:08 PM 01-03-2022
Wow, really? I looked at some pictures and was guessing it would be a 7 to 8. Maybe that's wishful thinking, though. It looks great in person, but the photos seem to highlight the rough edges.

I appreciate your neutral perspective, and I'll cancel the order for my new Porsche.
Yeah, unfortunately I can see some issues. Now imagine it under 10-30x magnification. But as I said take with a grain of salt. Unless someone is holding it in their hand, trying to figure out what grade it would be is considerably foolish. Hence why I answered.

FWIW here is a SGC 5
https://www.ebay.com/itm/31381465534...0AAOSw-8thz2yX

and here is a SGC 4
https://www.ebay.com/itm/26548120960...kAAOSw99dhK5rI
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:09 PM 01-03-2022

You have to understand they critique the hell out of cards. Little tiny surface scratch you can barely see drops it significantly. Not having sharp corners or edges another ding.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:12 PM 01-03-2022
It looks like I shouldn't have studied it so much as a child. A grade of 10 would have been worth setting it back.

https://www.psacard.com/auctionprice...es/270659#g=10

The average pricing for a Grade 10 is over $77,000. I'm glad that I got $77,000 of enjoyment playing with it as a kid.

https://www.psacard.com/auctionprice...summary/270659

But heck, even a grade of 3 is worth over $100 according to that site. That's a good return on my 10 cent investment in 1976.
[Reply]
Curé 07:31 AM 01-04-2022
It looks like I shouldn't have studied it so much as a child. A grade of 10 would have been worth setting it back.

https://www.psacard.com/auctionprice...es/270659#g=10

The average pricing for a Grade 10 is over $77,000. I'm glad that I got $77,000 of enjoyment playing with it as a kid.

https://www.psacard.com/auctionprice...summary/270659

But heck, even a grade of 3 is worth over $100 according to that site. That's a good return on my 10 cent investment in 1976.
are you sure that's payton's rookie card and not his second year? i'm far from a card expert but isn't a rookie card issued in the player's first year in the league, so there wouldn't be any stats from the previous season? i can't honestly tell whether the copyright date is 75 or 76. my poor eyes.

anyhoo, it's still a sweet card. sweetness even.
[Reply]
Curé 07:37 AM 01-04-2022
huh. after further review, that must be his rookie card. ignore previous. learn something every day.
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:12 AM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Recently had a little funny story and awesome experience with Panini. Had 1 redemption for a base auto of Rougned Odor from 2017 Chronicles Donruss Signature Series hanging out there for over 4 years that had not been fulfilled from Panini. A replacement was requested nearly 2 years ago. And as usual Panini Customer Support was less than stellar with their version of customer support.

Fast forward to mid-Nov. of this year and I just decided I would email them daily on it. It was just the principle of the whole thing, and a bit of amusement for myself to see if I could, on the off chance get at least some Panini points out of it. Only thing I would change in the email is this is the 23rd, the 24th , the 25th email. I did find the complete contact list for Panini America so every week or so I would add another Panini CS rep's email to the list. And as the typical response from Panini is to receive no response. Yesterday I shot off my 32nd or 33rd email to them and today I wake up and my wife tells me I had couple emails from Panini that a replacement had been sent overnight and the ticket was closed. She mentioned that the card was to replace the roughed and stinky card. I said roughed and stinky card like what kind nonsense are you saying woman? She pulls up the email on her phone and says look, Rougned Odor. I about passed out laughing. She then mentions to me they are sending as a replacement a 2021 Immaculate Signatures Bobby Witt Jr. Auto /75.

I just can't believe it. Panini is sending me a $75 card for replacement of a $1 stinky auto. Well done Panini.

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:47 AM 01-04-2022
Originally Posted by Sofa King:

Boom!
Attached: 20220104_093844.jpg (106.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Pointer19 04:47 PM 01-16-2022
Not sure if you guys bid on stuff on Pristine, but I think it’s interesting that the top three items in today’s daily auction are Mahomes’ gear.

https://www.pristineauction.com/auct...dex/type/daily
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:11 PM 02-15-2022
Not a sports card but I finally got my Chiefs stuff hung in the basement prior to the Super Bowl party and didn't know where else to put this.

The Kelce jersey in the middle is the one my daughter got signed by him (we kinda dangled her over the rope) when she was just a wee one and we had it framed for Christmas this year. It was Mahomes rookie season so we've had it for a bit.

And when I hung the Mahomes jersey that had been sitting in storage for a bit, I noticed the signature didn't match my signed helmet. So I looked it up and evidently he had a different signature his rookie year and the jersey has his '17 signature on it. So that's pretty badass.

And man I love that Hill picture. The matting job is just awesome and it's such a cool photo. And he put the signature in just a perfect spot.

Pretty happy with how it all came together. Got the triplets in there plus my namesake... Love me some DJ.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:20 PM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Not a sports card but I finally got my Chiefs stuff hung in the basement prior to the Super Bowl party and didn't know where else to put this.

The Kelce jersey in the middle is the one my daughter got signed by him (we kinda dangled her over the rope) when she was just a wee one and we had it framed for Christmas this year. It was Mahomes rookie season so we've had it for a bit.

And when I hung the Mahomes jersey that had been sitting in storage for a bit, I noticed the signature didn't match my signed helmet. So I looked it up and evidently he had a different signature his rookie year and the jersey has his '17 signature on it. So that's pretty badass.

And man I love that Hill picture. The matting job is just awesome and it's such a cool photo. And he put the signature in just a perfect spot.

Pretty happy with how it all came together. Got the triplets in there plus my namesake... Love me some DJ.
Until you mentioned the Kelce jersey being for your daughter, I was legit confused on why the size was so different.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 56
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Up