ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 56
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I want to show you my newest sports card...
arrowheadnation 01:18 AM 05-21-2020
The sports card market is absolutely booming right now. I sold off enough of my other stuff to buy this. There are only 10 of them. It is indescribably beautiful.

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:43 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
I'll try again. On my Ipad I have trouble posting links, this time I'll use my computer:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22437876111...p2047675.l2557
Not the same card. That’s an insert auto.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:33 AM 05-13-2021
I'll try again. On my Ipad I have trouble posting links, this time I'll use my computer:

The reason this one doesn't bring as much is because it's from an insert set. It does look very similar to the base rookie, but it's not viewed in as high esteem by collectors.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:41 AM 05-13-2021
When you could never in a million lifetimes afford the real thing, you go for the next best option. Even this is just a pop. 12 in this grade.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:47 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
When you could never in a million lifetimes afford the real thing, you go for the next best option. Even this is just a pop. 12 in this grade.

I can't even imagine how much the real thing in a PSA 10 would be....
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:54 AM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I can't even imagine how much the real thing in a PSA 10 would be....
I think in the current hobby climate, it would fetch the highest price ever paid for a collectible (not counting fine art). Probably somewhere between $10-15 million, but with the influx of uber rich collectors driven by covid, bids of $20+ million would not surprise me.

BTW...here is a pic of a geniune 52 PSA 10 in case anyone is curious. Pop. 3. This one is owned by a guy in Denver IIRC.

[Reply]
flinchfree 12:42 PM 05-13-2021

As others have already pointed out, the card you linked is from an insert set called Rookie Photo Shoot and not from the base set that the true RPA is from.

And to the idea rookie card designation will change, I doubt it.
With the slew of available rookie year cards and lines produced you need a way to differentiate to create some sort of limited supply and price point hierarchy.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:57 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
This is what it has come to

Can’t link on phone but just google “Target sports card violence”

It shouldn’t have to be this way, man
Had to take my son to walmart for a new pair of headphones yesterday. For giggles we decided to hit up "that" aisle. About 100ft before we got to that aisle I noticed a feller, about 50 make that turn down it. At first I thought maybe he was going to go the checkout. Nope. As we made the aisle he was grabbing every box of pokemon/anime/whatever that shit is off the shelf. As he walked past me I laughed and pointed at him. He kinda gave me a dirty look, but I didn't give a damn. He wasn't going to do shit.

I can't imagine spending a couple hundred bucks on the few boxes he got to only make maybe $10 on each box after all fees from selling them. That's not even making money. That is just making the money up for wasting the time.
[Reply]
IChief 02:27 PM 05-13-2021
A few of my favorites. Pulled these in breaks back in 2017. Wish I would have gotten them graded back then but knew nothing about it. Just wanted some cards of our new quarterback.

Crazy how much it will cost just to get them graded now.

[Reply]
flinchfree 02:32 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by IChief:
A few of my favorites. Pulled these in breaks back in 2017. Wish I would have gotten them graded back then but knew nothing about it. Just wanted some cards of our new quarterback.

Beautiful cards (I've got the Phoenix Rookie Rising in Gold) but WHOAH on that Cracked Ice!!!!!!!:-)
That thing is sick.
Another Super Bowl or two from Patrick and that's a very nice House you've got there.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 02:57 PM 05-13-2021

Very nice pulls!

Who did you break with?
[Reply]
In58men 03:01 PM 05-13-2021

Definitely not knocking your collection, but I don’t prefer sticker autograph, it doesn’t make them less valuable. I feel like they’re more authentic when he personally signs it himself ya know. Nice cards and could be worth a lot if you get them graded.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:19 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Definitely not knocking your collection, but I don’t prefer sticker autograph, it doesn’t make them less valuable. I feel like they’re more authentic when he personally signs it himself ya know. Nice cards and could be worth a lot if you get them graded.
Stickers do make them less valuable, on card will always sell at a premium but it is what it is. It’s not like half the line in a product is sticker and half is on card, it’s either all sticker or not.
[Reply]
In58men 03:27 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Stickers do make them less valuable, on card will always sell at a premium but it is what it is. It’s not like half the line in a product is sticker and half is on card, it’s either all sticker or not.
Less valuable you say? I wouldn’t have guessed, but I do tend to stay unless the price is too good. I think I gotta steal for my Mahomes card.
[Reply]
IChief 03:33 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Very nice pulls!

Who did you break with?

Thank you, back then it would have been Laytons or Mojo Breaks.
[Reply]
flinchfree 03:41 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
:-):-)
That Contenders is on card. And is clean as ****.
That's a BIG card, and if comes back from PSA a 9/10 or better....
Like I said, another Super bowl this year for the Chiefs and that's a 200K plus card.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 56
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Up