ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2551 of 3903
« First < 1551205124512501254125472548254925502551 255225532554255525612601265130513551 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dlphg9 11:32 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
OK. Which DC Lounge Freedummies showed up for this? :-)

https://www.cjonline.com/news/202007...nBf5k-ykTX-pxw
I have no doubt that Pete was the quasi-activist.
[Reply]
Donger 11:35 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
How many days does that span?
One day, apparently:

Officials in Florida's Miami-Dade County reported a staggering 33.5% Covid-19 positivity rate on Thursday, according to data released by Mayor Carlos Gimenez's office.

The positivity rate -- that is, the percentage of people who test positive for the virus of those overall who have been tested -- is tracked daily by the county.

Gimenez's office has said the goal is to not exceed a positivity rate of 10%. The county has exceeded the 18% mark for the past 14 days. The current 14-day average is 24%, the data shows.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:05 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Mayor Quinton Lucas extends mask order indefinitely

Kansas City, MO mayor Quinton Lucas has extended the mask order indefinitely as of Friday morning.

The order, which went into effect June 29th, mandated that all employees and patrons of indoor public spaces must wear a face-covering where maintaining six feet of distance between themselves and others is not possible. “We certainly encourage you to wear masks in more situations,” Lucas said.

This order falls in line with Kansas City’s state of emergency, which is set to expire on August 15th. If the state of emergency is not extended past that date, the mask ordinance will expire then as well. However, if the state of emergency continues, the mask order will follow suit.
Think this was expected. Kinda surprised he waited this long to say anything.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:22 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
One day, apparently:

Officials in Florida's Miami-Dade County reported a staggering 33.5% Covid-19 positivity rate on Thursday, according to data released by Mayor Carlos Gimenez's office.

The positivity rate -- that is, the percentage of people who test positive for the virus of those overall who have been tested -- is tracked daily by the county.

Gimenez's office has said the goal is to not exceed a positivity rate of 10%. The county has exceeded the 18% mark for the past 14 days. The current 14-day average is 24%, the data shows.
Similar to what I posted yesterday that you can roughly ballpark seeing 5% CFR of today's cases in a few weeks.

https://floridacovidaction.com/2020/...e-of-covid-19/

Originally Posted by :
The fatality rate is the number of cases that result in death divided by the total number of cases (for each gender-age group) excluding cases within the past 45 days (or at the time of writing this, May 25). The basic idea is to only include cases that are not time-censored; that is, they have had enough time to develop until recovery or death.

Despite the repeated assertions by certain politicians that Florida has the best data (still waiting on hospitalizations, Ron), it is actually lacking in many areas that hinder a more complete understanding of the situation. For example, case data is overwritten each day with no record of the days between when Died field goes from ‘No’ to ‘Yes’ (time until death). We cannot even be entirely sure that cases are the same from day to day as there is no unique id and the count of cases by case date changes each day (always lower for some reason).

The only way to estimate time from case until reported death is to look at the change in the number of deaths from one day’s case file to the next. Unless you have been saving each day’s file (we have, as have many others), it would be impossible to know how many new deaths were reported and get an estimate for when a certain proportion of deaths have come in. This is where the 45 day lag comes in.

Now that I’ve wasted all your time, I’ll get to the point. We just look at the percentage of deaths (by case date) for each consecutive case file. Using case dates that are at least 60 days old, we looked at how many of the total/almost total deaths that have been reported by day 45, which is about 96% of them.

[Reply]
Donger 12:37 PM 07-10-2020
The Louisiana Department of Health is reporting 2,642 new Covid-19 cases on Friday, the single highest day of new cases since the pandemic began.

According to the Department of Health, there was one other day that reported a higher number of cases, but many of those were backlogged cases from weeks prior.

The positivity rate for tests coming in on Friday is 10.52%. The agency reported that 97% of cases today are due to community spread and 39% of the new cases are for people who are under 29 years old.

Hospitalizations increased by 75, bringing the total number of patients in the hospital due to Covid-19 to 1,117. Hospitalizations have been trending up since mid-June, according to data released by the agency.
[Reply]
Pants 12:39 PM 07-10-2020
I wonder what it will take for people to start taking this seriously.
[Reply]
TLO 12:42 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
It's never going to happen on a large scale, especially in the younger population. I think the younger population sees how low their risk of dying is from this and just doesn't find it necessary to take precautions.
[Reply]
sedated 12:46 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Think this was expected. Kinda surprised he waited this long to say anything.
If you want to minimize coverage/reaction of something, release it on a Friday afternoon.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:46 PM 07-10-2020
I see a lot of people saying this but that's all they say. Define "seriously".
[Reply]
Pants 12:48 PM 07-10-2020
Wear a mask and social distance.
[Reply]
sedated 12:49 PM 07-10-2020
Death totals have to skyrocket, which they haven't done yet, except for some sources of information that are disputed.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:51 PM 07-10-2020
Wear a mask.
Stay the fuck away from each other at a distance of approximately 72 inches or greater.
Wash your filthy hands.
[Reply]
TLO 12:52 PM 07-10-2020
And I'm not saying this is right/wrong or otherwise. But 96 people under the age of 60 in Missouri have died from covid thus far out of a lot of cases.

I pay attention to the 30-39 bracket a lot because that's the age range I fall into.

There have been 4255 diagnosed cases and 4 deaths. You can do the percentages and see just how low that makes the risk factor appear.

Have there been some missed deaths in those numbers? I'd be willing to say yes,absolutely.

Have there been missed cases in those numbers? Once again, absolutely.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:53 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Wear a mask.
Stay the **** away from each other at a distance of approximately 72 inches or greater.
Wash your filthy hands.
Fair enough. The only real problem is the social distancing. It's rather impractical and very hard to enforce in most places.

Just saying.
[Reply]
Pants 07-10-2020, 12:54 PM
This message has been deleted by Pants.
Pants 12:56 PM 07-10-2020
Fair enough. The only real problem is the social distancing. It's rather impractical and very hard to enforce in most places.

Just saying.
I thought it to be obvious, but I think when someone says "take it seriously," they mean there's no longer a need to enforce anything because people are following those guidelines voluntarily. Because, you know, they're taking the pandemic seriously.
[Reply]
Page 2551 of 3903
« First < 1551205124512501254125472548254925502551 255225532554255525612601265130513551 > Last »
Up