ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1651 of 3903
« First < 651115115511601164116471648164916501651 165216531654165516611701175121512651 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:16 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
There has never been a vaccine made for any corona family virus ever. Not sure why people think we will suddenly make one now. Will there be an "immunity" flu shot in the future? Maybe or maybe not but even those are 30%-40% effective. I think more important right now is finding the most effective treatment modalities.
Just because there wasn't one in the past doesn't mean there can't be one in the future.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:18 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
You didn't answer his question.

Do you think hospitals should get paid more for treating a highly contagious pandemic patient?
I think they should bill as they always have. Why should it change now?
[Reply]
Fish 12:21 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Actually there is proof of it. Once certain emergency protocols are in place that happens. It is not conjecture at all. I can't tell you all the specific details but generally speaking this is accurate.
Proof of doctors misdiagnosing cause of death for profit? I'd like to see those specific details.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:22 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Just because there wasn't one in the past doesn't mean there can't be one in the future.
You do realize you are basically asking for a vaccine for the common cold more or less, right?
[Reply]
petegz28 12:24 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Proof of doctors misdiagnosing cause of death for profit? I'd like to see those specific details.
Well I can give you the testimony that I believe BigCat referred too from the 2 doctors out of CA. And I don't think it is necessarily an intentional misdiagnosis as opposed to an overstated or exaggerated diagnosis if you get my meaning. As the 2 doctors put it, saying someone died "with covid" and "from covid" are 2 different things. But hospitals are choosing the latter for various reasons and not all financial.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 12:33 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
There has never been a vaccine made for any corona family virus ever.

Except for those used in Animal Agriculture and Vet use for Canines, right?
[Reply]
Fish 12:34 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Well I can give you the testimony that I believe BigCat referred too from the 2 doctors out of CA. And I don't think it is necessarily an intentional misdiagnosis as opposed to an overstated or exaggerated diagnosis if you get my meaning. As the 2 doctors put it, saying someone died "with covid" and "from covid" are 2 different things. But hospitals are choosing the latter for various reasons and not all financial.
That's not convincing at all though. "With covid" and "From covid" patients each have covid. Which requires a different hospital protocol and more resources.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:36 PM 04-26-2020
You dipshits realize when someone dies it’s usually from a variety of medical comorbidities, not one specific diagnosis. A person who has a stroke may die from aspiration pneumonia or kidney failure but the cause of those was from the stroke itself.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:41 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You dipshits realize when someone dies it’s usually from a variety of medical comorbidities, not one specific diagnosis. A person who has a stroke may die from aspiration pneumonia or kidney failure but the cause of those was from the stroke itself.
No, see, it's all a conspiracy to get extra government money from the hospitals.

Meanwhile, there were 18,500 laboratory confirmed deaths of the swine flu, but somehow that wasn't overcounted when the WHO came up with an estimate of 284,000 deaths. All other diseases are undercounted, except for COVID.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:55 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
No, see, it's all a conspiracy to get extra government money from the hospitals.

Meanwhile, there were 18,500 laboratory confirmed deaths of the swine flu, but somehow that wasn't overcounted when the WHO came up with an estimate of 284,000 deaths. All other diseases are undercounted, except for COVID.
I've linked the study before and will try to find it again, but with H1N1 they said they didn't have enough test or the means to test everyone with flu symptoms in 2009-2010. 284,000 was the low end of the estimated deaths. I think we are testing anyone with symptoms this time around.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:58 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:

Quoting so people know this is a SARCASM post.

We have to spell it out for the idiots, Hamas!
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:04 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
So, for example.... reading this thread won't kill me, and frantically typing until my arms fall off won't kill me, and banging my head against the keyboard until my teeth and eyes fall out won't kill me..... the COD will be massive blood loss and head trauma, but it stemmed from reading this thread.

Stocks Crash GIF from Stocks GIFs

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:05 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I've linked the study before and will try to find it again, but with H1N1 they said they didn't have enough test or the means to test everyone with flu symptoms in 2009-2010. 284,000 was the low end of the estimated deaths. I think we are testing anyone with symptoms this time around.
The range was 150,000-571,000.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:05 PM 04-26-2020
Just got tested that shit sucked getting having the swab go clear back your nostril hope don't have to do that ever again.

They are testing us at work in the parking lot I had to go out there to do it even though i'm off work tonight. We've only had one confirmed case last Saturday but nobody else has gotten sick from it I think with the extra cleaning and masks that suck wearing have helped keep it down so I may be good to live and not get it. I may get to live a while longer I guess that's good. Results take 48 to 72 hours.

No matter what the numbers I don't want the fucking Covidshit
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:09 PM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The CDC very clearly fucked up the test development and roll out. They've even admitted as such.

Beyond that, we clearly underestimated this thing and downplayed it in the beginning, though most other countries did as well.

The main concern has always been hospitals being overrun. That hasn’t happened so that alone gives pause to anything suggesting the whole thing has been botched as some sort of definitive statement. That’s what I’m commenting on. The details and strategies of things to learn and improve and change will always be there but presence of needs for improvement doesn’t equal whole thing mishandled.
[Reply]
Page 1651 of 3903
« First < 651115115511601164116471648164916501651 165216531654165516611701175121512651 > Last »
Up