ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1555 of 3903
« First < 555105514551505154515511552155315541555 155615571558155915651605165520552555 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 10:52 AM 04-21-2020
I wouldn't hold up the state of Florida in any circumstance.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:53 AM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
I don't know who here is spinning anything. You're creating a problem that doesn't exist. Most people think the curve is being flattened and it has been going in the right direction. The only question I generally see people raising is whether it's a good idea to open things up, or wait a few weeks for things to go down at a more significant level before pulling the trigger.
For every extra day you dey opening things up you decrease a the chances of a relapse but cause more damage to the economy it is a horrible spot to be in.
[Reply]
wazu 10:54 AM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
The reopening has begun here. I got this email from a local popcicle store:
I didn't even realize there was such a thing as a popcicle store. Congrats on being on their email list.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:56 AM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm sure we're the weird ones, but out here the issue isn't being outside in general - it's that no one has anywhere else to go, so parks and trails are actually overcrowding. They've had to shut some areas down just because people overflow the parking lots and start parking illegally, causing traffic issues.

In general, though, I agree that being outside around people is probably a pretty low risk activity.
That's exactly what happened in Los Angeles. The Mayor shut down the city, which led to the parks, beaches and trails being overwhelmed with people who no longer had to go to work and needed something to do.

That lasted a total of 3 days and it's all been shut down since.

Originally Posted by Bugeater:
That's one I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around...how much community transfer could possibly be going on in them?
Under "Normal Circumstances", I don't believe it would be an issue at all. There are a great number of people who hit Runyon Canyon, Beachwood, Griffith and other trails on a daily basis but since it's generally spread out throughout the day, there isn't a whole lot of contact. I'm normally at Lake Hollywood 5 days a week and I see the same people at the same time of the day, which is generally less than 4 or 5 on a 3.7 mile "trail".

But once the lockdowns happened, there was no parking at Lake Hollywood, nor parking on Weidlake Drive, which is the southern entrance, none on Lake Hollywood Drive, which is the Northwestern entrance, so my street and the streets below mine where absolutely packed with cars and people.

The number of people was mindblowing. You'd think they were on their way to Coachella, not a trail, so it was all shut down.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:57 AM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I wouldn't hold up the state of Florida in any circumstance.
Dr. Birx yesterday said that Florida is the gold standard in terms of how they are reporting data by zip code/county, which is updated daily on the state’s department of health website.

If you look at the data you’ll see that the # of cases and hospitalizations has leveled off and even in the epicenter of the pandemic in the state... Miami Dade-County... there is still plenty of hospital capacity available.
[Reply]
loochy 10:58 AM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
I didn't even realize there was such a thing as a popcicle store. Congrats on being on their email list.

The email list happens automatically when they use square to check out
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:18 AM 04-21-2020

A malaria drug widely touted by Pres Trump for treating the new coronavirus showed no benefit in a large analysis of its use in US veterans hospitals. There were more deaths among those given hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, researchers reported.
https://t.co/l85dMZuAiw

— Zeke Miller (@ZekeJMiller) April 21, 2020

[Reply]
wazu 11:27 AM 04-21-2020
Missouri is now suing China. Good luck with that.

Today I filed suit against the Chinese government to seek recovery for the devastating loss of life & economic suffering Missourians face as a result of the #COVID19 pandemic.

The bottom line: they lied to the world & should be held accountable. https://t.co/Q2JgnAHLCH

— Eric Schmitt (@Eric_Schmitt) April 21, 2020

[Reply]
TLO 11:29 AM 04-21-2020

I'm sure there's a lot more states about to pull the trigger on this type of thing. Who knows what good it'll actually do.

No good is my guess.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:30 AM 04-21-2020

Seems like a waste of energy to me. I can buy the U.S. teaming up with other countries to go after them somehow, but I'm not sure that China's gonna show up for a trial in the Eastern District of Missouri.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:32 AM 04-21-2020
Meanwhile IL is chartering planes to China for PPE supplies
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:33 AM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
For every extra day you dey opening things up you decrease a the chances of a relapse but cause more damage to the economy it is a horrible spot to be in.
It's like fighting a war on 2 fronts. You cant divulge all your resources to one front or your fucked and a lot of people dont get that.
[Reply]
TLO 11:35 AM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Will be interesting to see the New York data on it. Would have been too good to be true if it actually worked. A cheap drug that we already had stockpiled.

I wish some sort of treatment could be discovered sooner, but looks like we're still a long ways out from that.

Sure remdesivir shows promise, but even if it's proven to be effective, we don't have anywhere near the supply of it to roll it out for regular usage.
[Reply]
loochy 11:36 AM 04-21-2020
Today I filed suit against the Chinese government to seek recovery for the devastating loss of life & economic suffering Missourians face as a result of the #COVID19 pandemic.

The bottom line: they lied to the world & should be held accountable. https://t.co/Q2JgnAHLCH
— Eric Schmitt (@Eric_Schmitt) April 21, 2020

Yes, China will be forced to pay you by the authority of _____?
[Reply]
TLO 11:37 AM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Meanwhile IL is chartering planes to China for PPE supplies
Good luck with the PPE being of any decent quality.
[Reply]
Page 1555 of 3903
« First < 555105514551505154515511552155315541555 155615571558155915651605165520552555 > Last »
Up