ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 606 of 791
« First < 106506556596602603604605606 607608609610616656706 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:20 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
First of all, it would cost more than that 2020 2nd round pick and then Lawrence is going to command a monster contract.

So no, quite simply.

I don't know what will happen with Hill though.

And what Veach is going to do is he is going to draft a passrusher early in that supposedly very strong draft at the Dline position.
most likely.

Omenihu or Zach Allen early, maybe a Porter Gustin or Malik Carney late.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:30 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
most likely.

Omenihu or Zach Allen early, maybe a Porter Gustin or Malik Carney late.
I cannot figure out what Zach Allen will do in this draft.

I think he's probably an early 3rd day pick who could sneak up into late 2nd day. Or he could go in the 6th for all I know.

But the floor on that dude is super-high. He's gonna be a 6-8 year player in this league, IMO. I just don't have any idea if he'll actually be good or if his ultimate upside is Okafor.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:44 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I cannot figure out what Zach Allen will do in this draft.

I think he's probably an early 3rd day pick who could sneak up into late 2nd day. Or he could go in the 6th for all I know.

But the floor on that dude is super-high. He's gonna be a 6-8 year player in this league, IMO. I just don't have any idea if he'll actually be good or if his ultimate upside is Okafor.
every sim has him going in the second that I run.

I think he's a smart, good technician, high motor guy, and with decent measurables. Those guys always have a low floor. I think he'll be a solid player for somebody for a long time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:47 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
every sim has him going in the second that I run.

I think he's a smart, good technician, high motor guy, and with decent measurables. Those guys always have a low floor. I think he'll be a solid player for somebody for a long time.
I see him more likely in the mid 3rd myself.

But man, the SPARQ score really makes me wonder if there's not more there than I'm giving him credit for. The problem is that I don't see the agility to use that unexpected burst a little better.

I don't think he's a Leo here, nor do I think Okafor and Speaks are. So I guess he's a bit redundant unless you were really confident in your ability to generate pressure up the middle and just use him along with Okafor/Speaks/K-pass to rotate, keep guys fresh, hold the edges well and create some general chaos.

You might be able to make it work. There's a good chance we do worse than Allen with one of those 2 picks. I'm just not sure I see him as an ideal fit here.
[Reply]
O.city 01:48 PM 03-21-2019

But man, the SPARQ score really makes me wonder if there's not more there than I'm giving him credit for. The problem is that I don't see the agility to use that unexpected burst a little better.

I don't think he's a Leo here, nor do I think Okafor and Speaks are. So I guess he's a bit redundant unless you were really confident in your ability to generate pressure up the middle and just use him along with Okafor/Speaks/K-pass to rotate, keep guys fresh, hold the edges well and create some general chaos.

You might be able to make it work. There's a good chance we do worse than Allen with one of those 2 picks. I'm just not sure I see him as an ideal fit here.
Who or what is the ideal Leo here?

In terms of current player in the NFL, who's the ideal guy to do that? I just have a hard time envisioning what said player does.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:51 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

In terms of current player in the NFL, who's the ideal guy to do that? I just have a hard time envisioning what said player does.
He’s not necessarily the prototype, but if we can just get a Yannick Ngakoue there that would be more than enough.
[Reply]
O.city 01:52 PM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He’s not necessarily the prototype, but if we can just get a Yannick Ngakoue there that would be more than enough.
So could Clowney do it?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:52 PM 03-21-2019
So could Clowney do it?
Yea, that’s what he’d be here.
[Reply]
O.city 01:53 PM 03-21-2019

Colts reached agreement with former Chiefs’ LB Justin Houston, source tells ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 21, 2019

[Reply]
staylor26 01:54 PM 03-21-2019
Welp at least I feel better about not getting an edge rusher for the Colts yet in the CP mock
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:55 PM 03-21-2019
Houston to the Colts
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:56 PM 03-21-2019

Colts are giving Justin Houston a two-year, $24 million contract, per source. https://t.co/gd02EM2YrF

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 21, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:56 PM 03-21-2019

Clelin Ferrell.

Prototype? Probably Clowney. Clowney can do anything and has the first step explosion to immediately put tackles in a real bind coming from a 7 technique. And he can line up in a 5,7 or 9. He can go directly into the LT to set the edge against the run or he can drive upfield to get to the passer. He can can turn burst into power and use the inside rush from the 5, which would allow you to do a little more exotic stuff with your DTs. His versatility, strength, length and explosive is absolutely perfect.

But what I think I've seen some teams do is utilize more of a pure speed merchant there, effectively because Clowneys are hard to find and you can make due otherwise. That's why I still don't believe that Ford couldn't have been excellent at it if healthy.

But really, I guess I just don't know. I'm really confused by the Okafor signing to be honest. It doesn't seem to fit with what I expected us to do because to my eyes, he and Speaks are pretty redundant. If they truly like Speaks as much as people say they do, I don't know why Okafor was necessary.
[Reply]
O.city 01:58 PM 03-21-2019
Clelin Ferrell.

Prototype? Probably Clowney. Clowney can do anything and has the first step explosion to immediately put tackles in a real bind coming from a 7 technique. And he can line up in a 5,7 or 9. He can go directly into the LT to set the edge against the run or he can drive upfield to get to the passer. He can can turn burst into power and use the inside rush from the 5, which would allow you to do a little more exotic stuff with your DTs. His versatility, strength, length and explosive is absolutely perfect.

But what I think I've seen some teams do is utilize more of a pure speed merchant there, effectively because Clowneys are hard to find and you can make due otherwise. That's why I still don't believe that Ford couldn't have been excellent at it if healthy.

But really, I guess I just don't know. I'm really confused by the Okafor signing to be honest. It doesn't seem to fit with what I expected us to do because to my eyes, he and Speaks are pretty redundant. If they truly like Speaks as much as people say they do, I don't know why Okafor was necessary.
I'd still like to trade for and extend CLowney. I'm wrong about it I'm sure, but i'd like it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:58 PM 03-21-2019

I think that's the idea, honestly. I don't think a traditional 'LEO' is the plan. I think stopping the run is job #1, with the pass rush coming from moving guys around, stunting, crossing, blitzing and confusing the offense.

The problem with outside speed rusher is that if the ball's coming out in 2.5 seconds, even Dee Ford can't get there. 'A' and 'B' gap pressure and collapsing the pocket is your only consistent way to disrupt that. If you can collapse the pocket and make the QB hold the ball an extra second, then a bullrusher is fine at DE, and you'll get hurries and coverage sacks.

I think it's part of why they let Ford go; stopping the run is paramount. I think they intend to create pass rush pressure schematically.
[Reply]
Page 606 of 791
« First < 106506556596602603604605606 607608609610616656706 > Last »
Up