ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 586 of 791
« First < 86486536576582583584585586 587588589590596636686 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:37 AM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I would like to sign Ziggy Ansah.
If the market has been saturated to the point that you can get him on one of those 2 year deals that's really a 1 year, $5 million deal with a team option of sorts - sure, why not?

I think he's shooting far higher than that and I wouldn't pony up for it.
[Reply]
O.city 08:39 AM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If the market has been saturated to the point that you can get him on one of those 2 year deals that's really a 1 year, $5 million deal with a team option of sorts - sure, why not?

I think he's shooting far higher than that and I wouldn't pony up for it.
Medicals would make the deal for me. If he's healthy, I would overpay a bit.

Not much and a 2 year 15 million dollar deal with say 7 gtd with that 2nd year team option? Sure.

Theres so much incentives on sacks and playing time stuff they could put in there to make it worthwhile. Of course, it looks like he may be wanting to be paid like a legit pass rusher so this is all probably off the table.

Would you give him Okafor's deal?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:42 AM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
What happened w/ Dion Jordan? I though he'd be a hot commodity.
He's been trash his entire career.

But/for draft status, he'd have been bagging groceries a long time ago. Had he been able to build on that relatively successful tryout period he had with Seattle in 2017, they'd have almost certainly re-signed him. But they saw the same thing that he'd put on film for his first 4 years in the league (well, 2, considering he was suspended for substance abuse in 15 and then missed the entire season in 16 due to injury and ineffectiveness).

The guy's been in the league for 6 years now and has one 5 game stretch of decent play. He's a 29 year old tryout player at this point in his career.

When someone tries to tell you what they are, you should listen. Dion Jordan is a bad football player.
[Reply]
O.city 08:43 AM 03-19-2019
He's been trash his entire career.

But/for draft status, he'd have been bagging groceries a long time ago. Had he been able to build on that relatively successful tryout period he had with Seattle in 2017, they'd have almost certainly re-signed him. But they saw the same thing that he'd put on film for his first 4 years in the league (well, 2, considering he was suspended for substance abuse in 15 and then missed the entire season in 16 due to injury and ineffectiveness).

The guy's been in the league for 6 years now and has one 5 game stretch of decent play. He's a 29 year old tryout player at this point in his career.

When someone tries to tell you what they are, you should listen. Dion Jordan is a bad football player.
I'd say catching yourself on fire trying to siphon gas would do that but what do I know.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:43 AM 03-19-2019
I'd take several of the guys on that list for "prove it" kinda deals.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:44 AM 03-19-2019
Medicals would make the deal for me. If he's healthy, I would overpay a bit.

Not much and a 2 year 15 million dollar deal with say 7 gtd with that 2nd year team option? Sure.

Theres so much incentives on sacks and playing time stuff they could put in there to make it worthwhile. Of course, it looks like he may be wanting to be paid like a legit pass rusher so this is all probably off the table.

Would you give him Okafor's deal?
I haven't seen the details on Okafor's deal but I'd imagine that I would, yes. Those deals mean nothing on their face so Okafor's deal could be anything from a heist to a complete piece of shit. Until I know more about it, I can't really use it as a baseline.
[Reply]
O.city 08:48 AM 03-19-2019
I haven't seen the details on Okafor's deal but I'd imagine that I would, yes. Those deals mean nothing on their face so Okafor's deal could be anything from a heist to a complete piece of shit. Until I know more about it, I can't really use it as a baseline.
I thought we had seen it? No?

Anyway, I think there are 2 ways they can go now that the dust has settled a bit. Maybe 3, but really ….

First, they can add a few complimentary pieces, maybe just 1 more and go to the draft. Save the money, roll it over or extend someone (obviously, that Hill deal prolly ain't happening) like Jones. The Hill thing is probably a big ass wrench in their plans, so gotta roll with the punches.

Second, they could load up on mid tier free agents and spend that money, which would open the draft up to swing big. This one would be risky and probably not the way I would go.

Third, they could trade for a guy they would want to extend. Clowney comes to mind, maybe Ramsey but he'd cost ALOT.

I don't think they want to be a star studded, nothing in the middle tier defense anymore though.
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 AM 03-19-2019

Robert Quinn was spotted today on his way to visit the #Cowboys, who are in trade talks with the #Dolphins for the veteran DE, sources say. Quinn would need to agree to any deal. So, this is another step in the process, with a Dallas team that obviously needs pass rush.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 19, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:06 AM 03-19-2019

I'd give Quinn a shot, especially if the phins are looking to take on some salary.

He's not what he was, but what he was was arguably the best pure DE in football for a 2 year stretch. He was a damn monster early in his career.

But even diminished from there I think he has more upside than Ansah and if you could have him on a relatively paltry 1-year commitment I think that's a worthwhile use of a 3rd day pick.
[Reply]
O.city 09:09 AM 03-19-2019
I'd give Quinn a shot, especially if the phins are looking to take on some salary.

He's not what he was, but what he was was arguably the best pure DE in football for a 2 year stretch. He was a damn monster early in his career.

But even diminished from there I think he has more upside than Ansah and if you could have him on a relatively paltry 1-year commitment I think that's a worthwhile use of a 3rd day pick.
I had thought about that, but I think i'd rather have Ansah at this point. Of course, they both may be done but who knows.

Actually, if you could get the Phins to take on some money and throw a 6th rounder at them, sure.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:12 AM 03-19-2019
Robert is young enough to build around, I would hope we are interested. He's only 28 and everytime he plays 16 games he has damn near double digit sacks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:14 AM 03-19-2019

Absolutely.
[Reply]
O.city 09:14 AM 03-19-2019
Looks like it's too late on the quinn front if he's in texas.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:14 AM 03-19-2019
I had thought about that, but I think i'd rather have Ansah at this point. Of course, they both may be done but who knows.

Actually, if you could get the Phins to take on some money and throw a 6th rounder at them, sure.
Signing Quinn has more upside. Ansah would hopefully be cheaper.

I'm all for signing Ansah but it has to be at the right price.
[Reply]
O.city 09:16 AM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Signing Quinn has more upside. Ansah would hopefully be cheaper.

I'm all for signing Ansah but it has to be at the right price.
Ansah is gonna want to be paid i'd think, 10 per year or so.

I doubt they'll go there.

It's weird they don't seem to be looking for a WDE. Maybe they've got their eyes on one in the draft? Just seems weird.
[Reply]
Page 586 of 791
« First < 86486536576582583584585586 587588589590596636686 > Last »
Up