ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2601 of 2688
« First < 1601210125012551259125972598259926002601 260226032604260526112651 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:31 AM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
https://x.com/mattverderame/status/1...lHXA6BeO88mpxA

You can give Mahomes all the players you want, if he won’t stand there in the pocket it won’t matter
It's a combination of a lot of things. When he has time...his WRs drop the ball. That leads to the times when he's feeling pressure....that he doesn't trust his WRs to actually bail him out.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:34 PM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
https://x.com/mattverderame/status/1...lHXA6BeO88mpxA

You can give Mahomes all the players you want, if he won’t stand there in the pocket it won’t matter
Yeah, there's wide-freaking-open and then there's whatever Rice is there. That's really too bad.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 02:56 PM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It's a combination of a lot of things. When he has time...his WRs drop the ball. That leads to the times when he's feeling pressure....that he doesn't trust his WRs to actually bail him out.
There was a play in the 4th quarter that kind of summed up the whole QB/WR dichotomy for me.
It was a simple in pattern by Rice. Mahomes anticipated where Rice should be, threw the ball and it fell harmlessly to the turf as Rice had broken off the route.
Mahomes just looked at Rice, put his hands up like he was catching the ball ,to tell Rice to look for the ball when coming out of his break.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:00 PM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yeah, there's wide-freaking-open and then there's whatever Rice is there. That's really too bad.
That play is not as clear cut as it looks on the All-22.

If Kelce ran an option route in front of Rice, that adds to the continued out of sync issues our offense seems to have every play these days.

I don't love the spacing here tbh. Kelce is running the defenders into the throwing lane to Rice. My assumption is if Mahomes stays in the pocket Kelce sits and Rice keeps moving, but still not in love with the spacing.

(still charting it as a missed shot, just processing) pic.twitter.com/SfAvqJ0XJ0

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) December 27, 2023

Ultimately Mahomes was being asked to trust Wayna on an island there and stand in the pocket for a second longer.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:05 PM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
There was a play in the 4th quarter that kind of summed up the whole QB/WR dichotomy for me.
It was a simple in pattern by Rice. Mahomes anticipated where Rice should be, threw the ball and it fell harmlessly to the turf as Rice had broken off the route.
Mahomes just looked at Rice, put his hands up like he was catching the ball ,to tell Rice to look for the ball when coming out of his break.

Yeah, that was telling. But I don’t blame Rice that much on that one. I mean, yes he was obviously supposed to keep running, but that’s a small fix. At least he was in the right area and up to that point he ran the route correctly.

But it’s indicative of the issues the WRs have had all season.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:31 PM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:

If Kelce ran an option route in front of Rice, that adds to the continued out of sync issues our offense seems to have every play these days.

Ultimately Mahomes needs to trust Wayna on an island there and stand in the pocket for a second longer.
Wow, that's a great example of "receivers being open on the all 22" versus what the reality looks like from Mahomes' perspective.
[Reply]
-King- 03:37 PM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:

Ultimately Mahomes needs to trust Wayna on an island there and stand in the pocket for a second longer.
C'mon Mahomes. Curve that football around Kelce to Rice! Haven't you seen Wanted?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:40 PM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by :
On Tuesday’s episode of “The Athletic Football Show,” Nate Tice, a former NFL offensive quality control assistant and former college quarterback, voiced harsh criticism of Mahomes’ teammates.

“It is so sloppy,” Tice said of watching the unit led by coach Andy Reid. “This team led the league in penalties per snap on offense going into last week and I don’t think their numbers are going to change much. This Chiefs skill-position group — receivers, tight ends a little bit because (Travis) Kelce can be a little loose and running backs — is probably the lowest collective football IQ I have ever seen, at least from a contender.”

An issue against the Raiders that irritated Tice was how often the Chiefs’ skill-position players made pre-snap mistakes — whether with their initial alignment, when they were supposed to motion or shift the formation or when one of them needed Mahomes’ assistance on where to line up after receiving the play call.

“That’s my fault,” Reid said of such errors. “I have to make sure that’s right.”

Somebody who has actually watched our games this year. Mahomes is saddled with some absolute clowns and no EB to keep them in line like in past years.
[Reply]
Dante84 03:50 PM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Somebody who has actually watched our games this year. Mahomes is saddled with some absolute clowns and no EB to keep them in line like in past years.
It's almost like they have a rookie, dumbass, nervous cuck of a WR coach, who is led by a ho-hum, milktoast OC that doesn't hold anyone accountable.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:53 PM 12-28-2023
MVS lining up offsides after the Toney debacle is on him 100%. Not Embree. Not Nagy. Not Andy.

He's a stupid fucking player that can't do simple things and has always been this guy. You know for a fact that Andy went over the offsides penalty after the Buffalo game. There's no way they didn't focus on that shit.

Richie lining up in the wrong place is on the WR coach. That's fair. But MVS not catching a pass while wide open and doing the same stupid shit is all on him.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:37 PM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
And Chris Godwin
Kelce and Rice aren't good enough? Cmon man he's definitely been part of the problem.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:48 PM 12-28-2023
“It is so sloppy,” Tice said of watching the unit led by coach Andy Reid. “This team led the league in penalties per snap on offense going into last week and I don’t think their numbers are going to change much. This Chiefs skill-position group — receivers, tight ends a little bit because (Travis) Kelce can be a little loose and running backs — is probably the lowest collective football IQ I have ever seen, at least from a contender.”

An issue against the Raiders that irritated Tice was how often the Chiefs’ skill-position players made pre-snap mistakes — whether with their initial alignment, when they were supposed to motion or shift the formation or when one of them needed Mahomes’ assistance on where to line up after receiving the play call.

Low IQ, Low Talent, Low Energy.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:59 PM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Kelce and Rice aren't good enough? Cmon man he's definitely been part of the problem.
By "he," I assume you are referring to Mahomes. Obviously he ain't playing anywhere near his best, but neither is Kelce who has had his share of drops and fumbles (and PENALTIES!) this year. Rice has a drop/fumble issue as well. Kelce is a shell of his former self as an aging player with some injuries this year. Rice is a rookie who still needs development. Someone else was talking about Mike Evans, so I threw Chris Godwin in there too. Tampa clearly has the better weapons by a large margin.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:58 PM 12-28-2023
People seemed to love when Kelce would freelance his routes a bit more than usual. I'm guessing that's not always the best idea long-term.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:01 PM 12-28-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
People seemed to love when Kelce would freelance his routes a bit more than usual. I'm guessing that's not always the best idea long-term.

Uh, Travis has been 'freelancing' a large percentage of his routes for more than half a decade, you know that right? or that the best of the best WRs/TEs were doing it for decades before Travis ever put on a Chiefs jersey?:-)
[Reply]
Page 2601 of 2688
« First < 1601210125012551259125972598259926002601 260226032604260526112651 > Last »
Up