ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 334 of 382
« First < 234284324330331332333334 335336337338344 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:33 PM 11-20-2021
Trying Keystone Light right now

It's awesome!
[Reply]
TimBone 08:13 PM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Early Feb is when the housing market heats up here so likely early to late spring.

Honestly thinking about getting a couple weeks long airbnb here during stout season though. Logging release dates currently and it seems doable within a 2 week span.

Revolution release from yesterday

Tell me that Blackberry Finn is one of the most delicious things you've ever tasted.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:41 PM 11-20-2021
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Tell me that Blackberry Finn is one of the most delicious things you've ever tasted.
Admittedly Blackberry Finn was my last beer of the night last night but I fucking loved it.

Its not as jammy with the fruit addition as other Revolution fruited barleywines. Plus I feel they kept this blend of barleywine intentionally dry to showcase the fruit component which is why I believe they didn't label it a "Jacket" like they do with their staple barleywines (Strawberry Jacket, Honey Jacket, etc).

So its nice balance of fruit and earthiness wrapped within the base of an English barleywine.

Either way, you got one with your name on it to determine for yourself.
[Reply]
TimBone 10:32 PM 11-20-2021
Admittedly Blackberry Finn was my last beer of the night last night but I fucking loved it.

Its not as jammy with the fruit addition as other Revolution fruited barleywines. Plus I feel they kept this blend of barleywine intentionally dry to showcase the fruit component which is why I believe they didn't label it a "Jacket" like they do with their staple barleywines (Strawberry Jacket, Honey Jacket, etc).

So its nice balance of fruit and earthiness wrapped within the base of an English barleywine.

Either way, you got one with your name on it to determine for yourself.
Fuck yes. I might have just went six to midnight reading that post.
[Reply]
TimBone 10:41 PM 11-20-2021
This is one of the better cans I've had of Blazed Orange.

On an embarrassing note, I've just now realized tonight that there is both a regular version and milkshake version of Blazed Orange. I thought they were all milkshakes, and Hop Butcher was just really inconsistent with the lactose.

That being said, I think I prefer the non-milkshake version. Sometimes Hop Butcher gets a little heavy handed with the lactose in the milkshake.

[Reply]
Saulbadguy 07:01 PM 11-21-2021
PROP DAYS ROAD TRIP REPORT:

The wife and I left Topeka, KS at 3:30 PM on Friday to pick up our (2) Prop Days packages in Chicago!

First stop, West Des Moines. We arrived around 8:00 PM at our hotel and gave a local Untappd verified venue "Beerstyles" a try. Food was awful - but a hell of a beer line up. I had a horizontal of the Confluence "Ferryman" line up - Chocolate covered cherry, Coconut, Chocolate Orange, German Chocolate, Mexican-Style hot chocolate. Wife had Surley Darkness (2021 BA), Untitled Art BA Hazelnut, Hubbards Cave Rocky Road, and a 2019 Brrrfest BA Waffle Stout from Backpocket Brewing.

Day 2:
Joliet, IL - "MyGrain Brewing Co" - unique location (built in to the train station), and some decent beers. I'd recommend the "I Have Time" - BA Quad aged on cherries. The rest wasn't bad but nothing to write home about.

After that - 350 Brewing in Tinley Park. Wanted to keep to the outskirts and have a clear shot to Goose Island when our timeslot was about to come up (lesson learned, they didn't seem to care we were 20 minutes early and there was no line). 350 Brewing had a fun taproom with lots of music (rock/punk) themes throughout. Beer was solid, but again - nothing stood out.

Made it to the line and quickly got our packages. The lady who checked our ID's asked "Uh...are you from Kansas? ...yes "Holy shit!" Seemed like she was genuinely concerned for our mental well being.

Got our prizes and quickly input Bloomington, IL in to the GPS and we were off. After a couple hours, decided to stop at Destihl and was surprised that they were doing their Dosvidanya days. Got to try the Peanut Butter Chocolate (best of the batch), Banana Bread, Vanilla Coffee Rye, and Mexican Chocolate. Wife had the Duke of Normington (saison), BBA "Keg Boyz" and BBA Rocky Road.

Dragged our asses out of bed this morning and drove straight through to Liberty, MO to stop by 3 Halves (only brewery in the KC area my wife hasn't been to yet) to celebrate our victory and enjoy some BBQ only to find out they were closed (1 hour previous to our arrival) due to a positive COVID test.

Had a great weekend - most likely not something we will do again anytime soon. Will report on the beers once consumed!
Attached: FEwiOXjXoAIWBpp.jpg (85.2 KB) 
[Reply]
TimBone 10:09 PM 11-21-2021
Parish/Weldwerks fucking killed this Candy Clouds collaboration. One of the best beers I've had in recent memory. The aroma is fantastic as well.

I added a screenshot of Parish's description of the beer.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:21 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Nice, looks highly successful! :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:00 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:

The wife and I left Topeka, KS at 3:30 PM on Friday to pick up our (2) Prop Days packages in Chicago!

First stop, West Des Moines. We arrived around 8:00 PM at our hotel and gave a local Untappd verified venue "Beerstyles" a try. Food was awful - but a hell of a beer line up. I had a horizontal of the Confluence "Ferryman" line up - Chocolate covered cherry, Coconut, Chocolate Orange, German Chocolate, Mexican-Style hot chocolate. Wife had Surley Darkness (2021 BA), Untitled Art BA Hazelnut, Hubbards Cave Rocky Road, and a 2019 Brrrfest BA Waffle Stout from Backpocket Brewing.

Day 2:
Joliet, IL - "MyGrain Brewing Co" - unique location (built in to the train station), and some decent beers. I'd recommend the "I Have Time" - BA Quad aged on cherries. The rest wasn't bad but nothing to write home about.

After that - 350 Brewing in Tinley Park. Wanted to keep to the outskirts and have a clear shot to Goose Island when our timeslot was about to come up (lesson learned, they didn't seem to care we were 20 minutes early and there was no line). 350 Brewing had a fun taproom with lots of music (rock/punk) themes throughout. Beer was solid, but again - nothing stood out.

Made it to the line and quickly got our packages. The lady who checked our ID's asked "Uh...are you from Kansas? ...yes "Holy shit!" Seemed like she was genuinely concerned for our mental well being.

Got our prizes and quickly input Bloomington, IL in to the GPS and we were off. After a couple hours, decided to stop at Destihl and was surprised that they were doing their Dosvidanya days. Got to try the Peanut Butter Chocolate (best of the batch), Banana Bread, Vanilla Coffee Rye, and Mexican Chocolate. Wife had the Duke of Normington (saison), BBA "Keg Boyz" and BBA Rocky Road.

Dragged our asses out of bed this morning and drove straight through to Liberty, MO to stop by 3 Halves (only brewery in the KC area my wife hasn't been to yet) to celebrate our victory and enjoy some BBQ only to find out they were closed (1 hour previous to our arrival) due to a positive COVID test.

Had a great weekend - most likely not something we will do again anytime soon. Will report on the beers once consumed!
Have to hand it to Goose for a smooth release. I had the 8:30-9:00am slot. Showed up at 8:25am and was out in less than a minute.

I had a 4oz pour of Prop and holy strawberry...

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:39 PM 11-23-2021
Didn't even realize there's a BCS Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel this year, heh..... KCU, what are the chances of seeing extras of that one around?
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:10 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Didn't even realize there's a BCS Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel this year, heh..... KCU, what are the chances of seeing extras of that one around?
Fortunate timing

PM sent
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:37 AM 11-24-2021
Fortunate timing

PM sent
Michael Scott The Office GIFfrom Michael Scott GIFs

[Reply]
Bearcat 05:10 PM 11-24-2021
A few favorites for the long weekend. The two on the left will be Thanksgiving specials... Cherry Fandango will be the perfect Thanksgiving dinner beer.

The Eclipse is 2015 Elijah Craig Barrels.

And of course need a hat tip to Bourbon County season... just opened the Café de Olla and it's aged wonderfully. Not that there was much bite to it 2 years ago, but it's smoothed out even more with still plenty of coffee (and maybe more so now).

[Reply]
Bearcat 11:24 AM 11-26-2021
Cherry wood, cola, and the regular BCS... at a place that has 2018 BCS out for $6. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 12:09 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Cherry wood, cola, and the regular BCS... at a place that has 2018 BCS out for $6. :-)
Where you at?

What’s the cola one like? That sounds awesome.
[Reply]
Page 334 of 382
« First < 234284324330331332333334 335336337338344 > Last »
Up