ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 206 of 270
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216256 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 08:31 AM 08-12-2019
Just look for another Ward type trade, or just wait for someone to be cut.
[Reply]
Buckweath 08:34 AM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

Did Tanoh jump Okafor?
No.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:35 AM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Juan Thornhill in with the 1’s
Don't imagine he's gonna give that job back.

Sorensen looked fine - he looked like Sorensen. But the upside with Thornhill is just too great not to get him out there and see what he can do. The concern was how his lack of experience at safety (given how he bounced back and forth at UVA) would translate at the next level.

Well you can't have an answer to that question until you see him running with the 1st unit. If he can assuage those concerns (critically, his 'processing speed'), everything else he brings to the table will play.

They needed to see how he handles the deep end of the pool and I'm glad to see they're trying to find out early.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:36 AM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Norman is a weird as hell case, if you go look at his breakdowns, basically if he is close to the receiver on the line, he's god awful like one of the worst. Yet if he lines up in off zone, say about 8-10 yards off, he rates in the top 5, it's really weird.

Basically unless you are going to play off zone he's going to suck.
Even when he was good he couldn't play man for shit.

He's been a pure zone corner his whole career. And it's not gonna get better as he ages.

An aging zone corner isn't worth $11 million.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:38 AM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Even when he was good he couldn't play man for shit.

He's been a pure zone corner his whole career. And it's not gonna get better as he ages.

An aging zone corner isn't worth $11 million.
The only upside of that is if you trade basically nothing for him then you can cut him after the year. Using him as a rental isn't the worst idea.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:39 AM 08-12-2019
The issue though is all those Washington guys are fighting to not get fired so I doubt they are gonna be up for moving guys.
Haskins is a rookie. They will not be on the hot seat for a few years.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:39 AM 08-12-2019
Josh Norman = 2007 Ty Law.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:39 AM 08-12-2019
Mahomes picked again. This time by Breeland
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:39 AM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
The answer is simple - the KC Sports Media is the same lazy group of insular asswipes with nothing to add that they've been since Terez left.

So, after a drive from each team, it appears the Chiefs offense is still the offense and the defense is still the defense.

Welp.

— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) August 11, 2019

Why'd Teicher post that shit? Probably because he and Pryor got a little guffaw between themselves in the press box and thought they'd be clever. My favorite part was that Pryor was 10 minutes late even when she was posting inane horseshit - because it wouldn't be Brooke Pryor if she wasn't well behind everyone else.

None of these idiots have anything to say. The 'legacy media' types in KC are dogshit and we should stop looking to them for....anything.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:41 AM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Haskins is a rookie. They will not be on the hot seat for a few years.
Oh no, that is not true. Gruden is entering his 6th year, he has 1 playoff appearance in his second year.

That is the hotseat.
[Reply]
FAX 08:43 AM 08-12-2019
Teicher has covered the Chiefs way to long, he's skeptical of everything they do because it's what he's always seen.
Perhaps this is a New Teicher that we've never seen before, Mr. Mecca ...

... a Teicher who packs his case, emigrates from the Land Of Torpor, and migrates to the Region Of Sheer Delirium by writing things so inherently stupid and petit mal inducing, he can now feel welcome as a member of the existing Chiefs' journalistic community.

FAX
[Reply]
JimNasium 08:43 AM 08-12-2019
The answer is simple - the KC Sports Media is the same lazy group of insular asswipes with nothing to add that they've been since Terez left.

Why'd Teicher post that shit? Probably because he and Pryor got a little guffaw between themselves in the press box and thought they'd be clever. My favorite part was that Pryor was 10 minutes late even when she was posting inane horseshit - because it wouldn't be Brooke Pryor if she wasn't well behind everyone else.

None of these idiots have anything to say. The 'legacy media' types in KC are dogshit and we should stop looking to them for....anything.
Honestly, I wish folks here would just ignore them. They aren’t credible, they are intellectually lazy and they are more interested in page clicks than the truth. Let’s quit giving them more play than they deserve.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:45 AM 08-12-2019
Don't imagine he's gonna give that job back.

Sorensen looked fine - he looked like Sorensen. But the upside with Thornhill is just too great not to get him out there and see what he can do. The concern was how his lack of experience at safety (given how he bounced back and forth at UVA) would translate at the next level.

Well you can't have an answer to that question until you see him running with the 1st unit. If he can assuage those concerns (critically, his 'processing speed'), everything else he brings to the table will play.

They needed to see how he handles the deep end of the pool and I'm glad to see they're trying to find out early.
Shit, I'd rather Thornhill just start Week 1, experience whatever growing pains he needs to, and then be fully entrenched by the playoffs.

That will be the best thing for the team by far.

I'll take a couple lumps if it pays off.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:46 AM 08-12-2019
god damn this kid

Thornhill stride for stride with Hill. Mahomes chucks it deep to his outside shoulder. Sun in their eyes and Hill found the ball late to his outside shoulder and couldn’t adjust. The key part is Thornhill stride for stride with Hill at full speed. #Chiefs

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) August 12, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:47 AM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Josh Norman = 2007 Ty Law.
Almost certainly.

If you're extremely lucky he might be 2005 Patrick Surtain. And that's not worth $11 million.

He's worth a relatively low-cost, 1 year flyer, but this is a team that will utilize enough man coverage that he's not just a 'set out wide and forget about him' addition. He'll need to be protected.

And one of the biggest differences in Spags vs. Sutton is that Spags just doesn't use the off-man coverage nearly as much. He mixes stuff up a lot and will use zones intermittently throughout the game, but when he's in his man coverages (which I think you can fairly say he uses a majority of the time) he's going to use a modified press (not pure press-man) that is particularly poorly suited for Norman. When you don't use the thing he does well all that often (zone) and your favorite type of alternative is the thing he does extremely poorly (tight man), then you're probably not going to get the results out of Norman that you'd be hoping for.

I just don't think he's a very good fit here at all. Claiborne presents some similar issues but A) they're nowhere near as extreme and B) he's a fuckton cheaper.
[Reply]
Page 206 of 270
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216256 > Last »
Up