ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 237 of 330
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247287 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
Jerm 02:54 PM 07-14-2019
Both the EVOLVE and AEW shows were good (EVOLVE was better) but man the NJPW G1 show blew them both out of the water....

NJ is just so much better than everyone else, the A Block in the G1 is frickin ridiculous.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:27 PM 07-14-2019
I thought AEW was meh, but they're stiill learning.

Definitely some shit went on where if it happened elsewhere, we'd say loltna
[Reply]
Jerm 03:29 PM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I thought AEW was meh, but they're stiill learning.

Definitely some shit went on where if it happened elsewhere, we'd say loltna
Oh I thought EVOLVE was clearly the better show...CIMA/Kenny was awesome though.
[Reply]
Jerm 03:36 PM 07-14-2019
BTW I'm at a point where I'm comfortable calling Okada the GOAT....guy puts on a great match almost every time he steps in the ring and can work with anyone.

Still think he has a lot of time to add to his resume to and cement it.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:39 PM 07-14-2019
They need a fulltime person that handles gorilla from start to end. Having to quit a promo mid-promo was super bad.

JR is also a major detractor from the presentation.
[Reply]
Jerm 03:41 PM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
They need a fulltime person that handles gorilla from start to end. Having to quit a promo mid-promo was super bad.

JR is also a major detractor from the presentation.
Alex Marvez is even worse, God he drives me nuts....
[Reply]
mcaj22 06:17 PM 07-14-2019
Alright I'll bite. Someone explain to me this Luchasaurus hype. Is it because the rest of AEW looks like shit/lolTNA and hes the best of the bunch their mark fans need to hold onto or what?

Theres a lot of online hype for him and I want to like him, cool look but I have a hard time suspending disbelief for:

A) a 6 foot 5 guy thats "indy big" working like Taker/Kane. Is it because everyone else in AEW is basically 5 foot 6 in the ring with him? Years I spent watching giants in WCW and WWE and my eyes are just conditioned to a big man being an actual big man. Its hard for me to look past him tryin to work like 7 foot.

B) I cant get over the slow, and I mean slowwwwww execution of his moves. Is that part of the gimmick or is he actually that terrible? It looks like hes moving in molasses or carrying 100 lb restraints on his limbs. Its hard for me to buy into guys taking moves that slow in a landscape where everyone is fast,fast, fast or workrate. Guys moving 100 mph around him have to all of a sudden stop to take the slowest moving kicks ever. Like Orange Cassidy's gimmick could dodge them.
[Reply]
SPchief 08:23 PM 07-14-2019
Really, what's the point of this ppv?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:31 PM 07-14-2019
That cameraman deserves a raise. What a glorious shot that was on Lacey
[Reply]
SPchief 08:56 PM 07-14-2019
ohhh.. click
[Reply]
TLO 09:09 PM 07-14-2019
Kevin Owens is amazing.
[Reply]
Swanman 08:06 AM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
Alright I'll bite. Someone explain to me this Luchasaurus hype. Is it because the rest of AEW looks like shit/lolTNA and hes the best of the bunch their mark fans need to hold onto or what?

Theres a lot of online hype for him and I want to like him, cool look but I have a hard time suspending disbelief for:

A) a 6 foot 5 guy thats "indy big" working like Taker/Kane. Is it because everyone else in AEW is basically 5 foot 6 in the ring with him? Years I spent watching giants in WCW and WWE and my eyes are just conditioned to a big man being an actual big man. Its hard for me to look past him tryin to work like 7 foot.

B) I cant get over the slow, and I mean slowwwwww execution of his moves. Is that part of the gimmick or is he actually that terrible? It looks like hes moving in molasses or carrying 100 lb restraints on his limbs. Its hard for me to buy into guys taking moves that slow in a landscape where everyone is fast,fast, fast or workrate. Guys moving 100 mph around him have to all of a sudden stop to take the slowest moving kicks ever. Like Orange Cassidy's gimmick could dodge them.
His moves likely looked slow because he was working with a bunch of guys that go a billion miles an hour. The kicks did look a bit rough but that standing moonsault was amazing.
[Reply]
Swanman 08:11 AM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Both the EVOLVE and AEW shows were good (EVOLVE was better) but man the NJPW G1 show blew them both out of the water....

NJ is just so much better than everyone else, the A Block in the G1 is frickin ridiculous.
I will have to check out the Evolve show. AEW put on a bit of a stinker overall but it was a free show and could have been looked at as R&D for the big shows and tv show coming up. It was an awful idea to have an outdoor show in the middle of summer in Florida. Besides Excalibur, the announcing was awful. I was excited about JR initially but at that show he sounded angry and was big-timing Marvez every time he opened his mouth (Marvez is awful). This probably wouldn't be possible, but I would somehow nab Kevin Kelly from NJPW and do a 2 man booth with him and Excalibur.

I am almost caught up on the G1 so far and it is amazing. I just love that you can't take any match for granted. Ibushi lost his first two and Yano beat Naito in very Yano style. I am still pissed that Suzuki isn't in the G1 but it seems like a building storyline because the announce team always brings it up.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:30 AM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by Swanman:
I will have to check out the Evolve show. AEW put on a bit of a stinker overall but it was a free show and could have been looked at as R&D for the big shows and tv show coming up. It was an awful idea to have an outdoor show in the middle of summer in Florida. Besides Excalibur, the announcing was awful. I was excited about JR initially but at that show he sounded angry and was big-timing Marvez every time he opened his mouth (Marvez is awful). This probably wouldn't be possible, but I would somehow nab Kevin Kelly from NJPW and do a 2 man booth with him and Excalibur.

I am almost caught up on the G1 so far and it is amazing. I just love that you can't take any match for granted. Ibushi lost his first two and Yano beat Naito in very Yano style. I am still pissed that Suzuki isn't in the G1 but it seems like a building storyline because the announce team always brings it up.
The G1 is just the fucking best, really come to appreciate and love it and really enjoy how unpredictable it's become. I mean, KENTA going over Ibushi and Tana to start? Who the hell saw that coming lol...
[Reply]
Swanman 10:35 AM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
The G1 is just the ****ing best, really come to appreciate and love it and really enjoy how unpredictable it's become. I mean, KENTA going over Ibushi and Tana to start? Who the hell saw that coming lol...
I could see things going pretty chalk in the second half of group matches because I don't see any way that Ibushi doesn't win his block. In the other block you would have to say Naito is the favorite but they could also go with Jay White.

Also, Lance Archer has looked amazing thus far. That's a big man that can work and his mullethawk is incredible.
[Reply]
Page 237 of 330
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247287 > Last »
Up