ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 228 of 460
« First < 128178218224225226227228 229230231232238278328 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
Stewie 11:36 AM 06-14-2013
Chris Berman has his place at ESPN (it's fading), but he shouldn't be anchoring the US Open. He just doesn't fit.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01:04 PM 06-14-2013
Tiger blowing a big opportunity. Had it at +2 (-1 on day) going into the easiest stretch to close his round. Bogeyed 7 from the fairway and now probably going to bogey 8. Really favoring his wrist the last hole. His game around the green has been really bad. Evening play should be interesting
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01:05 PM 06-14-2013
Great par save. Par, birdie to close would be outstanding
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:09 PM 06-14-2013
There was a Sportscenter commercial on several years ago where Evander Holyfield found out that Charlie Steiner said he was the 50th best heavyweight...in Georgia. Holyfield then stalked the hallways yelling out "Charlie, c'mon out and take your whuppin," as Steiner cowered underneath his desk.

Well, I'm here to take my whuppin'. I thought this was going to end up like Congressional. I was, in the words of Dr. Cox, "Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong/ wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong."

If I'm the USGA, I'm never going back to Congressional, not Merion.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:18 PM 06-14-2013
Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides:
Tiger blowing a big opportunity. Had it at +2 (-1 on day) going into the easiest stretch to close his round. Bogeyed 7 from the fairway and now probably going to bogey 8. Really favoring his wrist the last hole. His game around the green has been really bad. Evening play should be interesting
He's still grinded out the 3rd best round of the day to this point (behind Horschel -2, McIlroy -1) despite all of the problems. If he finishes +3, he should be right there going into the weekend (assuming this course keeps playing as difficult this evening for Phil and the rest).
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:22 PM 06-14-2013
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
There was a Sportscenter commercial on several years ago where Evander Holyfield found out that Charlie Steiner said he was the 50th best heavyweight...in Georgia. Holyfield then stalked the hallways yelling out "Charlie, c'mon out and take your whuppin," as Steiner cowered underneath his desk.

Well, I'm here to take my whuppin'. I thought this was going to end up like Congressional. I was, in the words of Dr. Cox, "Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong/ wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong."

You weren't the only one to say the least. Pretty much every pundit and personality earlier this week said they would destroy this course.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01:26 PM 06-14-2013
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
He's still grinded out the 3rd best round of the day to this point (behind Horschel -2, McIlroy -1) despite all of the problems. If he finishes +3, he should be right there going into the weekend (assuming this course keeps playing as difficult this evening for Phil and the rest).
Absolutely. Putting much better.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:27 PM 06-14-2013
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:

Same here. I really thought professional golfers would destroy this place, as wet as it was/is.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:27 PM 06-14-2013
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
You weren't the only one to say the least. Pretty much every pundit and personality earlier this week said they would destroy this course.
The rough is the big difference. They aren't having to hit hybrids into these greens, and the greens are still like superglue. Five woods are embedding in their pitch marks. But the rough is so dense and juicy that it's a legitimate penalty to the bomb-and-gouge type players, and the lack of graduated rough around the greens has significantly increased difficulty as well.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:31 PM 06-14-2013
Another thing that makes this course difficult is the fact that the par 5s are not birdie holes. Two is easier than four, but still.

Still, pros should not be missing fairways with four irons, like Rory just did.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:32 PM 06-14-2013
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Same here. I really thought professional golfers would destroy this place, as wet as it was/is.
It's still soup out there. There was a photo of Tiger putting at earthworm level earlier and his shoes and pant legs were absolutely caked in mud splatter.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:36 PM 06-14-2013
That was not a horrendous lie. You could see McIlroy's ball, and it was sitting up. Begay is a Ripple-chugging moron.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:59 PM 06-14-2013
Mickelson well on his way to an 80.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02:17 PM 06-14-2013
Wind looks to be dying down. I might expect some better scores
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:25 PM 06-14-2013
Wow. What a horseshit ruling for Kuchar. That should be an unplayable lie.
[Reply]
Page 228 of 460
« First < 128178218224225226227228 229230231232238278328 > Last »
Up