ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Chargers
cmh6476 09:55 AM 09-11-2020
too soon? I don't think they beat the Bengals so they're going to be staring 0-2 in the face after next week. Never realized how much I was ready for football to start back up.

First they were saying Mike Williams might miss most of September, now he just has a questionable designation heading into Sunday?

Are they really going to go with the three-headed RB approach, or will Austin Ekeler handle the majority of work out of the backfield?

Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram should be a challenge, but our OL seemed to hold their own very well against the Texans pass rush.

The loss of Derwin James hurts. He's so versatile and the fact they don't have him around to move from S to LB to corner and kinda makes it feel like they've lost a starter at multiple positions, not just safety.

Will the Chargers have already moved on from Tyrod Taylor by week 2? Or are we going to have to wait until our first game in 2021 to get our first-hand look at Justin Hebert?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:37 AM 09-14-2020
Their offensive gameplan is entirely predicated on protecting Tyrod Taylor.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:39 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Pfft. Jalen Ramsey deserves an Academy Award for his performance on that play.
Regardless, it wasn't a terrible, egregious call. It's one that gets called more often than not.

The real problem is Marty McCarthy playing to win when he shouldn't and playing not to lose the rest of the time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:42 AM 09-14-2020
The Chargers are going to try and control the ball and shorten the game. Just like pretty much every other team the Chiefs will face this year with a few exceptions.

They just can't score points.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:43 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Regardless, it wasn't a terrible, egregious call. It's one that gets called more often than not.

The real problem is Marty McCarthy playing to win when he shouldn't and playing not to lose the rest of the time.
End of game sequence, Cowboys are down by 1 score.
The Cowboys are huddled around McCarthy ,"We got 90 seconds Coach, what's your plan?"
McCarthy stares blankly at Dak, "Do that thing you always do Aaron!"
Dak responds, "The hell you talking about? We need a plan!"
McCarthy starts to wander around aimlessly, "WHAT IS THIS PLACE? THERE'S NO CHEESEHEADS HERE! I'VE NEVER BEEN HERE BEFORE!?" he reaches out and touches Dak on the arm, "AHHHHhhhhh, he's not Aaron Rodgers!?"

Dude literally has never had to deal with "end of game coaching" for a decade plus. Dallas is going to had a record similar to last year with a bunch of single score losses.
[Reply]
wazu 11:48 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Yeah, maybe it's too fresh in my mind, but I'm having a hard time remembering Garrett doing anything quite as dumb as what we saw last night. Running up the middle on 3rd and 6? Then declining to tie it up following that play? He blamed analytics, but once again it seems like an example of a coach only half understanding what the analytics guys are telling him.
[Reply]
O.city 11:50 AM 09-14-2020
The Chargers are essentially the 14 KC Chiefs. Remember how those games went against Manning's Bronco teams?

Yeah, that's about what Sunday will be like.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:57 AM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Chiefs 45 Chargers 10
Should be yes. But we all know divisional games are a different bird and are much closer than they should be.:-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:00 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Should be yes. But we all know divisional games are a different bird and are much closer than they should be.:-)
The Chargers secondary looks slower this year and offensively they don't have Rivers there to get them first downs.

The Chargers used a lot of QB roll outs that turned into 5 yard dump passes while taking a few deep shots at Mike Williams.

If Eric Hicks were still playing i'd be concerned. Mike Williams will probably get some here and there because he's a fucking monster, and these WR's will get open on our DB's, but with Taylor and the Chargers philosophy it won't matter much.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:17 PM 09-14-2020
The short answer:

The Chargers are starting Tyrod Taylor, and are missing key parts of both their offense and defense.

Andy is going to treat this as a preseason game just like week 1.

Chiefs win by 10+, in spite of the lackluster play-calling. CEH won't run for 130+ yards, but will catch at least 8 passes. Kelce and Watkins have another solid game.
[Reply]
morphius 12:32 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Pfft. Jalen Ramsey deserves an Academy Award for his performance on that play.
It is so rare to get that call, acting is a bad idea in that instance. I mean heck, in our last game Sneed got pushed to the ground, WR dropped the ball, but no flag came out.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 12:35 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Just to point out an anomoly that happened yesterday...

Both So-FI Stadium teams (Rams/Chargers) received a questionable OPI in the final 30 seconds...Bengals had a game winning TD taken off, Cowboys had a completion removed that would have put them into scoring range.

Live announcers called both game-deciding penalties "ticky-tack"....

Cowboys also pulled a head-scratching move in a low scoring game...down 20-17 in the 4th, they went on 4-3 inside their own 10....passing on the chance to tie.

I cant think of a realistic scenario where you make that decision...if it were a shoot-out, where the last team with the ball might win, maybe.

Bengals kicker was 24/24 yet horribly shanked a last second FG that was essentially an extra point...
I think Buckeye Pea wants your help over in DC.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:57 PM 09-14-2020
Andy is gonna be super vanilla with this one I think, they could score 40 but will probably settle for 28
[Reply]
ROYC75 01:56 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Just to point out an anomoly that happened yesterday...

Bengals kicker was 24/24 yet horribly shanked a last second FG that was essentially an extra point...

To be fair here, that kicker got a crap or pulled a muscle in his leg as he planted it to kick.

Just bad timing!
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:59 PM 09-14-2020
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
To be fair here, that kicker got a crap or pulled a muscle in his leg as he planted it to kick.

Just bad timing!
He was limping but he could have been doing that so people wouldn't beat the crap out of him for missing a gimme.

He wouldn't be the first guy to fake an injury so that he had a built-in excuse for sucking.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:00 PM 09-14-2020
I know if I had to take a crap I wouldn't be able kick a field goal
[Reply]
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up