ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>James Palmer: Tarshawn Wharton “almost a lock” for the 53.
Direckshun 08:02 PM 08-30-2020
Well I didn’t see that storyline coming.

I’m told one name that continues to pop up with people inside the #Chiefs building is Tershawn Wharton. The undrafted free agent from Missouri Science and Tech seems almost a lock to make the the teams’ 53 man roster. Great local story.

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) August 31, 2020

Wharton ran with the 2s in that practice Saturday.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:02 PM 09-01-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I did the homework on this 3-4 years ago.

Pretty much any pick past the 5th round is about as likely to yield a meaningful NFL player as a priority FA. The only distinction is the number of picks you have to throw at acquiring them (vs. the theoretically unlimited number of FAs you can sign).

But on a per roster player basis, there's no meaningful distinction. You're better served hurling all your 5th round picks into trade-ups in the earlier rounds and using the 'saved' roster spots to give more UDFA's run.

They have little/no marginal value.
I think Dane said it best that 6th and 7th round picks are basically a team calling dibs on their favorites from a field of UDFA-level players. That can have some value, particularly if you have an inkling that a player is likely sign with a different team if he doesn't get drafted.

I assume that's why Veach often picks WTF guys in that round. Kahlil McKenzie very well may have opted to sign with his dad's team in the Raiders if he reached undrafted free agency. It also might explain our trading back in to get Bopete Keyes this past year.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:44 PM 09-01-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Byron Pringle, Darrel Williams, Antonio Hamilton, Charvarius Ward, Daniel Sorensen, Ben Niemann, Mike Pennel, Nick Keizer, Andrew Wylie, James Winchester and Tommy Townsend were all undrafted free agents that will make the Chiefs in 2020, which make up 23% of the Chiefs roster.

There might be a few other guys that make the team as undrafted free agents as well.
That's one hell of a stat. I wonder how that compares to other teams rosters.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:18 PM 09-05-2020
Turk Wharton made the 53
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:05 PM 09-12-2020
Are we supposed to pretend this guy didn't play like an animal on Thursday? Damn, his athleticism was insane. I hope someone has a highlight package of his play, because every time I saw him, he was pushing his guy back or chasing down a ballcarrier.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:42 PM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Are we supposed to pretend this guy didn't play like an animal on Thursday? Damn, his athleticism was insane. I hope someone has a highlight package of his play, because every time I saw him, he was pushing his guy back or chasing down a ballcarrier.
I posted about it in the game day thread. That play where he chased Watson for like 20-25 yards (Watson ended up gaining maybe 7-8 yards and going out of bounds) was hilariously awesome. You knew he had no chance of catching him from behind like that but that didn't keep him from busting his ass trying.

Such a great thing to watch. Danna had a couple of nice motor plays and of course, Clark had a couple of his signature never-give-up moments. I love watching guys that don't give up after they miss the first time.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:50 PM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I posted about it in the game day thread. That play where he chased Watson for like 20-25 yards (Watson ended up gaining maybe 7-8 yards and going out of bounds) was hilariously awesome. You knew he had no chance of catching him from behind like that but that didn't keep him from busting his ass trying.

Such a great thing to watch. Danna had a couple of nice motor plays and of course, Clark had a couple of his signature never-give-up moments. I love watching guys that don't give up after they miss the first time.
The thing is, it didn't look like Watson was actually faster. Wharton and Danna are both incredibly impressive, especially for rooks.

Denny Green is about ready to crown Veach's ass.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:56 PM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The thing is, it didn't look like Watson was actually faster. Wharton and Danna are both incredibly impressive, especially for rooks.

Denny Green is about ready to crown Veach's ass.
Yeah, I don't know that he was too slow, Watson was just already too far out ahead.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:13 PM 09-17-2020

Tershawn Wharton has some grown man strength. Watch the OL's feet, he's driven right into the path of the RB. Wharton disengages and wraps up for the stuff.

Still hilarious he's listed at 255. pic.twitter.com/10VsfSTWHU

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) September 17, 2020

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:15 PM 09-17-2020
How tf did this guy not get drafted? Veach strikes gold once again
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:18 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
No clue. Dude is playing like a badass vet. I don't get it.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:22 PM 09-17-2020
I get the feeling we all would’ve been all aboard the hype train for Wharton if we would’ve had preseason games this year. Seems like the type of player who would’ve absolutely dominated against other teams’ backups.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:24 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I get the feeling we all would’ve been all aboard the hype train for Wharton if we would’ve had preseason games this year. Seems like the type of player who would’ve absolutely dominated against other teams’ backups.
Didn't help that we had minimal training camp coverage as well.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:24 PM 09-17-2020
Tiny school and covid limited a lot of things, the Chiefs having a top of the line front office may have found numerous contributors they wouldn't have in normal years.
[Reply]
kcclone 03:50 PM 09-17-2020
May not have helped to have 255 listed. He’s gotta be 270+.

Also, probably didn’t get any workouts due to Covid.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:03 PM 09-17-2020
He’s 6’1” 280 lbs. every team knew that from the Shrine Bowl.

But yeah this man is insanely athletic for a 280 lb DL. He looks like a freaking LB when he’s running
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up