ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 149
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:50 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
yeah, im not getting what the love for a potential downtown stadium is. especially when you have a fantastic jewel that they have right now. cam someone spell out to me why?
Stadium its self isn't the problem. Location in an industrial park sucks donkey dick.
[Reply]
cabletech94 03:00 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
A downtown stadium just means a more favorable ratio of empty seats.

Nobody west of the state line or east of 435 is going to go downtown before Noon on a Tuesday in May.

And those that do sure as **** aren't hanging around with Stretch at Grinders or buying flights at City Barrel pre- or post-game.
all good points. i drive 2.5 hours to come the the K. usually i do tailgate. i'll do it for my family of 3, or i may have a crew of 10. love the atmosphere. and i love the tailgate.
with my limited knowledge of the downtown districts, everything i've seen or read, or heard shows that parking will be a challenge. this is disappointing. especially when we have a good thing going already.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:09 PM 01-05-2020
all good points. i drive 2.5 hours to come the the K. usually i do tailgate. i'll do it for my family of 3, or i may have a crew of 10. love the atmosphere. and i love the tailgate.
with my limited knowledge of the downtown districts, everything i've seen or read, or heard shows that parking will be a challenge. this is disappointing. especially when we have a good thing going already.
Downtown is all right. I'm not hating on it and I'd rather see it a place that people want to go to.

Thing is, in its current state, it's a place you only want to go to if 1) you want to go there because you don't get paid otherwise; or 2) you want to go there because someone else is watching your kids or you don't have kids.

I don't see 2) changing for the better any time soon given the economic situation and 1) is always perilous for similar reasons.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:13 PM 01-05-2020
I live 2 hours away as well. I live 2 hours from St. Louis as well. I go to a Royals game at Kauffman, I drive up for the day and go home same day. I go to a Cardinals game at Busch, I get a hotel room and stay. I would probably do the same thing if we had a downtown ballpark in Kansas City.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 03:16 PM 01-05-2020
Going downtown and catching a game and having shit to do before and after if the game sucks is nice. It is pretty shitty that you have all those millionaires from opposing teams and they don't spend any of that money in kc because it is a 20 minute drive to downtown.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 03:19 PM 01-05-2020
Parking or walking is never a challenge in kc. People are just fat and cheap. People bitch if they have to walk more than a block or paying 10 or more dollars to park. I don't really care. I would like a downtown stadium to get all the boomers to stay home and complain on the radio, but where it is at right now is awesome for obvious reasons.
[Reply]
cabletech94 03:22 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Parking or walking is never a challenge in kc. People are just fat and cheap. People bitch if they have to walk more than a block or paying 10 or more dollars to park. I don't really care. I would like a downtown stadium to get all the boomers to stay home and complain on the radio, but where it is at right now is awesome for obvious reasons.
i just lol'd
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:37 PM 01-05-2020
Yeah there is no issue with parking. It's just the distance you have to walk. No sane person is going to stop going to games because the stadium is downtown, but more people will come to the games.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:49 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Yeah there is no issue with parking. It's just the distance you have to walk. No sane person is going to stop going to games because the stadium is downtown, but more people will come to the games.
Ehhh there'd be a problem. There are places and times as an urban resident that downtown parking costs asinine amounts such that I'd rather roll the dice with an uber driver that could be anywhere between someone who shouldn't be driving themselves let alone passengers or a serial killer since it would be cheaper than the rates in a garage or a lot.

A downtown stadium exacerbates that. You can get an idea in the next few seasons about how many cars get parked at Kauffman and cross reference what paid attendance is that day. Given that you know what a pre-paid parking pass goes for and how much it is to pay cash at the gate, you now have a good guess about how much people are willing to fork over for the privilege of having their car within a short walk of the stadium.

Garages are expensive now: they're going to be even worse with a stadium that's going to be in operation between the months of February and October.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:51 PM 01-05-2020
A downtown stadium you still have to drive to seems dumb. That streetcar is just a Walmart Rascal that sits multiple people.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:31 PM 01-05-2020
Why don’t Hunt/Sherman make the section between the stadiums like Ballpark Village in St Louis? Such a waste of space.

Make it like Zona Rosa in that space.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:34 PM 01-05-2020
Oh shit, that's right, we still have a MLB team in town.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 04:54 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Why don’t Hunt/Sherman make the section between the stadiums like Ballpark Village in St Louis? Such a waste of space.

Because they'd rather have the tax payers pay to build it first.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:08 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

If that area was desirable for development it would have been done by now. The entire area around the sports complex for that matter.
[Reply]
Molitoth 05:14 PM 01-05-2020
Why do people care SO MUCH about staring at a fucking building skyline?

Just drive downtown any day of the week and you can do this for free.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 149
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Up