ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 153
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
seaofred 08:31 AM 09-15-2020
[IMG]

"Wherever I go, he goes." Watch the brand new trailer for #TheMandalorian and start streaming the new season Oct. 30, only on #DisneyPlus. pic.twitter.com/2IruNHvTig

— Disney+ (@disneyplus) September 15, 2020
[/IMG]
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:38 AM 09-15-2020
FUUUUCK YES!!!

JUST SEEING A FUCKING BANTHA GETS ME HARDER THAN CARBONITE!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:21 PM 09-15-2020

[Reply]
keg in kc 12:04 PM 09-19-2020
Won 5 creative emmys the other night. We'll see how it does Sunday, though I'm not expecting anything. Wins were for Outstanding Special Visual Effects, Outstanding Cinematography for a Single Camera Series, Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series, Outstanding Sound Editing for a Comedy or Drama Series, and Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Program.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:19 PM 09-19-2020
Dane,

Was there really such deep creative issues on the set that the lead actually quit or is that just some TMZ overblown shit? Know anything?
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:34 PM 09-19-2020
The consensus that I've seen so far is that it's just a clickbait rumor from a youtube 'reviewer' (Grace Randolph). Pascal's known since before the show even went into production that he'd rarely show his face, so for him to leave the show halfway through the season because he wanted the helmet off more just sounds a little off...

If he is gone, it might end up being the least impactful recasting in TV history. Because as I understand it he doesn't actually perform in the suit (that's done by John Wayne's grandson, believe it or not), he only does the voiceover.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:40 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The consensus that I've seen so far is that it's just a clickbait rumor from a youtube 'reviewer' (Grace Randolph). Pascal's known since before the show even went into production that he'd rarely show his face, so for him to leave the show halfway through the season because he wanted the helmet off more just sounds a little off...

If he is gone, it might end up being the least impactful recasting in TV history. Because as I understand it he doesn't actually perform in the suit (that's done by John Wayne's grandson, believe it or not), he only does the voiceover.
All this. Sort of like hiring Stallone in his prime to play Judge Dredd (which was ruined by him taking the helmet off, among other things).
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:18 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Dane,

Was there really such deep creative issues on the set that the lead actually quit or is that just some TMZ overblown shit? Know anything?
For years, Jon Favreau has been a terror on set. He alienates a lot of people on each project and I've been told this directly by people who have worked for him in the past and some who've worked on The Mandalorian, who've all said that he's extremely difficult while shooting.

I don't have enough information to verify this story although I will say that Pedro Pascal didn't like that John Wayne's grandson was basically his stand-in all throughout Season 1 and wanted a bigger role and input for himself for Season 2.

That said, I have a hard time believing that scripts were re-written on set to cut him out of the series or to reduce his role, as it's been their plan all along to explore other worlds and stories with this series, which has already spawned at least one-spin off.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:22 PM 09-19-2020
Also, James Caan revealed this week that there will never be an Elf sequel because Favreau and Will Ferrell did not get along, whatsoever, during the original shoot, which gives even more credence to the notion that Favreau is very difficult on set.

I had a friend that worked on one of the Marvel films earlier this decade and asked "What was it like to work with Favreau?".

The first word that came out of his mouth was "Asshole".
[Reply]
Fish 09-20-2020, 07:45 PM
This message has been deleted by Fish.
keg in kc 05:02 PM 09-21-2020
It's an opinion piece from a source I don't know, but it's the strongest take so far against what I've thought was just click bait all along:
Originally Posted by geekocity:
Rumors of Pedro Pascal walking off The Mandalorian set in a huff halfway through the filming of Season Two circulated globally last week. According to the gossip, Pascal became upset when he was told he couldn't remove his helmet during certain scenes. The rumors then escalated into click-baited speculation that Pascal would either leave or be booted off the show. Sources close to the matter firmly deny both reports.

The sources explained the obvious: Pascal knew when he signed that, for the most part, his face will not be shown. That he should demand "face time" now makes no sense; it's an integral part of his character.

Moreover, Pascal's doubles Brendan Wayne and Lateef Crowder also share time in the costume so whatever discomfort he encounters wearing it isn't exclusive to him and there are people who can relieve him if necessary. One source added the controversy is just "another example of how people are trying to damage the Star Wars brand for a personal beef or profit from it on social media."
https://www.geekositymag.com/post/is...he-mandalorian

It never made sense to me. And the timing is suspect, to say the least. If Pascal had stormed off the set 'halfway through the season' that would have been either late last year or early this year, as filming on the season wrapped before the quarantine began 6+ months ago. And it's just coming out now, on the heels of the trailer and release date announcement? Right....
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:46 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It's an opinion piece from a source I don't know, but it's the strongest take so far against what I've thought was just click bait all along:https://www.geekositymag.com/post/is...he-mandalorian

It never made sense to me. And the timing is suspect, to say the least. If Pascal had stormed off the set 'halfway through the season' that would have been either late last year or early this year, as filming on the season wrapped before the quarantine began 6+ months ago. And it's just coming out now, on the heels of the trailer and release date announcement? Right....
Since The Mandolarian is a big hit, Pascal's ego is getting in the way.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:15 PM 09-21-2020
Assuming this rumor is true, in Pascal's defense, it's gotta suck wearing that helmet so much. Perhaps much more than he realized when he signed up for it.

That being said, he's getting paid a shit ton of money to wear it, so he should suck it up and deal with it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:19 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Assuming this rumor is true, in Pascal's defense, it's gotta suck wearing that helmet so much. Perhaps much more than he realized when he signed up for it.

That being said, he's getting paid a shit ton of money to wear it, so he should suck it up and deal with it.
I think I mentioned it in one of the Star Wars threads but I spoke to Pedro last year in August, which is when he told me adamantly that he was not portraying Boba Fett, that he loved the role and loved being in Star Wars.

It’s difficult for me to take this story seriously when I saw and heard the joy in the man’s voice over being in Star Wars, and there’s no doubt they were already filming Season 2 at that point, so this isn’t adding up.

Yes, Favreau can be an asshole but he’s not going to jeopardize his own creation.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:22 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I think I mentioned it in one of the Star Wars threads but I spoke to Pedro last year in August, which is when he told me adamantly that he want portraying Boba Fett, that he loved the role and loved being in Star Wars.

It’s difficult for me to take this story seriously when I saw and heard the joy in the man’s voice over being in Star Wars, and there’s no doubt they were already filming Season 2 at that point, so this isn’t adding up.

Yes, Favreau can be an asshole but he’s not going to jeopardize his own creation.
I obviously missed that, because I didn't realize you knew him. That's really cool.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:30 PM 09-21-2020
I refuse to believe that Chilean Burt Reynolds is an asshole.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 153
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Up