ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 17
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid isnt the coach we need.
Reerun_KC 06:32 PM 12-07-2014
CP loves to treat the symptom while at times ignoring the disease.

Since everyone wants to be cool and bash the lame ass QB we have, we might want to look just a little deeper and discuss the HC that hand selected him to be the QB of this team.

We aren't going anywhere with Reid's preparations and game plans. His play calling is pathetic and predictable. His tendency's to remove the WRs from the game plan is inexcusable.

Until we get rid of Reid, we are stuck with Smith...
[Reply]
RunKC 09:22 AM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Andy Reid was dealt a terrible hand by John Dorsey's awful offseason.

John Dorsey failed to draft a single WR from the 2014 NFL Draft which already has the most productive collective WR draft class in NFL history.

That could set the Chiefs back several years.
Andy demanded a QB who will lead us nowhere. His own fault
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:25 AM 12-08-2014
Reid sucks. If you can't see that from looking at the play calling yesterday there is no hope for you.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:26 AM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Andy Reid was dealt a terrible hand by John Dorsey's awful offseason.

John Dorsey failed to draft a single WR from the 2014 NFL Draft which already has the most productive collective WR draft class in NFL history.

That could set the Chiefs back several years.
This team got significantly better at dline, cornerback, safety, rb depth, and te over the past 2 years. Smith has two receiving threats he didn't last year in kelce and DAT.

It's not that this team has poor talent. Its that the team needs extra talent to make up for reids mistakes and to overcome smith's shortcomings. New receivers aren't going to make Smith more aggressive. A new oline won't solve his problem of holding onto the ball for an eternity.
[Reply]
ILChief 09:35 AM 12-08-2014
Childress needs to be OC and calling plays. Pederson in a FSP
[Reply]
Aspengc8 09:38 AM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by ILChief:
Childress needs to be OC and calling plays. Pederson in a FSP
Pederson does indeed suck, but Alex as missed reads down the field as well. its a combination of factors not just one. If you watch the Kelce replay fumble on NFL.com, you can see he misses the read on that sideline flood. #13 wide open on that corner route, would have been a big gain, out of bounds, no fumble. Instead he checked down.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:41 AM 12-08-2014
I'm just feeling so lost about this Franchise. This shit makes me long for the days of Paul Wiggin.....................okay, maybe not, but still.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:42 AM 12-08-2014
I hear/read different things regarding who actually calls the plays.

Is it Reid or Pederson?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:46 AM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
Pederson does indeed suck, but Alex as missed reads down the field as well. its a combination of factors not just one. If you watch the Kelce replay fumble on NFL.com, you can see he misses the read on that sideline flood. #13 wide open on that corner route, would have been a big gain, out of bounds, no fumble. Instead he checked down.
I think this happens a lot more than we realize.

For the record, what Alex Smith does works fine. I don't mind the conservative approach as long as he converts third downs and closes games. He puts in a position to win almost every single game. But he is just way too inconsistent with efficiency and completely ineffective on closing drives.
Apart from the Denver loss, Smith had an opportunity to close every single game we lost and failed.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:48 AM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

For the record, what Alex Smith does works fine. I don't mind the conservative approach as long as he converts third downs and closes games. He puts in a position to win almost every single game. But he is just way too inconsistent with efficiency and completely ineffective on closing drives.
Apart from the Denver loss, Smith had an opportunity to close every single game we lost and failed.
I hear that, and somewhat agree. However, you have to have another gear to be a closer in tight games, and he does not possess that gear. Therefore, his style is good for a team full of great players, but sucks with the mediocre crap that we have accumulated.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:49 AM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I'm just feeling so lost about this Franchise. This shit makes me long for the days of Paul Wiggin.....................okay, maybe not, but still.
Its best to just quit caring...

No Sunday ticket, No NFL games other than if the Chiefs are on here in OKC...

Actually I feel relieved and a lot less stressed on Sundays. I spent more time with the wife, which has equaled some awesome, very awesome Sunday afternoons.

Still load up with college sports though....
[Reply]
kcxiv 09:52 AM 12-08-2014
I hear that, and somewhat agree. However, you have to have another gear to be a closer in tight games, and he does not possess that gear. Therefore, his style is good for a team full of great players, but sucks with the mediocre crap that we have accumulated.
Alex Smith is just good for fans that are ok with being good enough to be interested. As a fan you need to demand great. YOu never just settle for, well he does ok.

Alex winning games is 90 percent on the defense making plays and Alex just not ****ing it up. ITs never about Alex winning a game. Its never about Alex carrying his team on his shoulders for a big game. Cant do it.

There is a reason why we dont usually win big games late in the season. Im tired of well he going to keep us in game, how about hey he can win us a few of these games. sick of playing for 3 when everyone else is playing for 7.

As a fan, that shit is just embarrassing. I wish just for once i could brag about my football team for doing something awesome. I cant, not even towards Raider fans.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 09:53 AM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I hear/read different things regarding who actually calls the plays.

Is it Reid or Pederson?
Unless your on the sideline you won't know for sure. Typically the coordinator calls the plays and is in charge of the offensive gameplan, and the coach has the ability to add input via the headset as well. At this point it doesnt matter. The play selection has been spotty, protection doesnt hold up, and Smith has missed deeper reads.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 09:55 AM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

yes it happens a lot. Some of us on CP has seen A22 film and there are a lot of occasions where we have had press 1v1 on the sidelines, and Alex won't take a shot with Bowe.

2 minute drill to end the game was an example. AZ blitzed almost every play, left Bowe 1v1 pressed...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:56 AM 12-08-2014
That's my concern as well. 100% agree.
[Reply]
kcxiv 09:57 AM 12-08-2014
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:

2 minute drill to end the game was an example. AZ blitzed almost every play, left Bowe 1v1 pressed...
Thats the part that pisses me off, he wont let his WR's make a play. Bowe had done it his whole career. give him a chance to pull one down even if he's somewhat covered. EVERY SINGLE QB does it against us. It doesnt matter WHO is the qb of the other team, they at least try it. Fail or success. They attempt it.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 17
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up