ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 163
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 01:41 PM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I've eaten raccoon but I don't think I'd eat an opossum. I've seen one of them buried to its shoulders in a dead animals ass.
One of the civilian instructors I had in the Army was an old farm boy from Kentucky.
Said he used to love possum until one of their cows died but they didn’t find it for a few days so it was good and bloated when they did. He said he tied up it’s front legs, hooked a chain to it and started to drag it off with a tractor and as soon as the carcass moved two possums shot out of it’s asshole. I guess they like to start with a soft spot and eat their way in.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 01:47 PM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by seclark:
ever check out what's in a catfish stomach?
sec
Not just that but look at some of the nasty, rotten crap you can catch them with.
Part of why I’ve become a fan of flatheads. They may hang out on mud flats all day long but they are a pure predator. If you’re fishing with shad sides or some rotten livers you’re not fishing for flatheads.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:57 PM 11-02-2009
Racoon hunting is one of the best things in the world IMO. I really dont know why I like running through the woods in pitch darkness and cold chasing a barking dog but its so much fun. Very greasy meat though.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:03 PM 11-02-2009
Any serious Yote hunters on here?

Been dabbling in it and wanna get into it and go after deer season.

Wife's grandpa has a lot of them around his farm and encouraged me to help him out lol...think I will. Any tips, tricks, etc for a n00b?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Otter 11:02 PM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by Rooster:
That is a very unusual birthmark on that guy's face. :-)
He doesn't post here so I didn't want to throw his picture around for the world to see. He'll wind up in PETA monthly and that will be me hanging up next to him.
[Reply]
Otter 11:06 PM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
i know a guy that eats turtles. how ****d is that?
Snapper turtle soup is pretty popular in my neck of the woods.
[Reply]
btlook1 03:12 AM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by Jerm:

Wife's grandpa has a lot of them around his farm and encouraged me to help him out lol...think I will. Any tips, tricks, etc for a n00b?
Posted via Mobile Device

Jerm
Here's a couple of sites that I have book marked you can check out. Looks like some good information here. I have been interested in calling in some yotes but haven't gotten after it yet. I'm thinking this winter I will give it another try....let me know how it works out!

http://www.coyotegods.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php

http://www.varmintal.com/
[Reply]
Jerm 09:46 AM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by btlook1:
Jerm
Here's a couple of sites that I have book marked you can check out. Looks like some good information here. I have been interested in calling in some yotes but haven't gotten after it yet. I'm thinking this winter I will give it another try....let me know how it works out!

http://www.coyotegods.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php

http://www.varmintal.com/
Thanks, will def check those out.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Fish 09:54 AM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by Otter:
Snapper turtle soup is pretty popular in my neck of the woods.
And that's about the least tasty way to eat snapper IMO...

We need a Chiefsplanet wildlife cookoff.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 10:07 AM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by KC Fish:
And that's about the least tasty way to eat snapper IMO...

We need a Chiefsplanet wildlife cookoff.
Had wild turkey fried up lastnight. epic win. two weeks in a row.

Fish, i know ive asked before about your venison marinade. I would be much obliged if youd be willing to post it again.
[Reply]
Fish 10:10 AM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by Jerm:

Posted via Mobile Device
If you're doing it by yourself, just call them. It's pretty fun, easy, and effective. If you call correctly, they'll be hauling ass your direction. You can get a little call that sounds like a wounded rabbit.

If you really want to have fun with it though, get some greyhounds. The best and most fun way to hunt coyotes is to run them with dogs.

My family has quite a bit of land to hunt around McPherson and Salina, KS. We have several pickups that are used for nothing but hunting coyotes. Flatbeds with dog boxes on the back. We drive around till we see a coyote, and then get close enough to release the dogs and let them run the coyote down. I can't tell you how many broken axles and frames we've suffered hauling ass through the fields after a coyote. We have about a dozen greyhounds, and some of them come from very good bloodlines. It's an amazing experience to see them run down a coyote.

If anyone is into that, my uncle sells quite a few pups every year. If you want a great coyote hunting greyhound, I could easily arrange that.

[Reply]
Radar Chief 10:25 AM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by KC Fish:
If you're doing it by yourself, just call them. It's pretty fun, easy, and effective. If you call correctly, they'll be hauling ass your direction. You can get a little call that sounds like a wounded rabbit.

If you really want to have fun with it though, get some greyhounds. The best and most fun way to hunt coyotes is to run them with dogs.

My family has quite a bit of land to hunt around McPherson and Salina, KS. We have several pickups that are used for nothing but hunting coyotes. Flatbeds with dog boxes on the back. We drive around till we see a coyote, and then get close enough to release the dogs and let them run the coyote down. I can't tell you how many broken axles and frames we've suffered hauling ass through the fields after a coyote. We have about a dozen greyhounds, and some of them come from very good bloodlines. It's an amazing experience to see them run down a coyote.

If anyone is into that, my uncle sells quite a few pups every year. If you want a great coyote hunting greyhound, I could easily arrange that.

Heh, I see guys doing that all around the in-laws farm.
Looks fun, and a good excuse to tear ass around in a 4X4.
[Reply]
btlook1 11:37 AM 11-03-2009
There used to be a group of guys in this area that did the Greyhound thing. One problem with them was that they just went where ever they wanted. If the gates were closed they opened them and went in and drove peoples pastures/farmground. Lots of times they would just leave the gates open when they left. They would tie down electric fences also so their dogs wouldn't get shocked...so peoples cattle got out. They would rut up farm ground and pretty much just drive across anything they wanted.
They screwed up several hunting spots for us just because some of the landowners figured we were from the same town so they wouldn't let us hunt anymore.
I'm sure it's fun and all but this group really got a bad reputation in this area...we started calling the sherriff on them everytime we saw them after awhile.
[Reply]
Sofa King 11:44 AM 11-03-2009
We just use the pickups to hunt the coyotes... every Sunday during the winter we get a group of around 10 pickups, then we run out all the land we have permission to. anything gets broke, we fix it.. we stay off land we dont have permission.. and it's a ton of fun.. occationally we pile up pickups, but we're only using ol junkers to do it..

nothing better than flying 80 through a field hot on a coyote... then the ol' shotgun out the window trick.. lotta adrenalin!

i know what you're thinking, but it's completely legal.. the only way it isn't, is if it's got a snowmobile involved.. which we never use..

to be fair though, i also call the coyotes...

"Calling all Coyotes" is a good series of videos to learn how to call from.
[Reply]
Iowanian 12:03 PM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by btlook1:
There used to be a group of guys in this area that did the Greyhound thing. One problem with them was that they just went where ever they wanted. If the gates were closed they opened them and went in and drove peoples pastures/farmground. Lots of times they would just leave the gates open when they left. They would tie down electric fences also so their dogs wouldn't get shocked...so peoples cattle got out. They would rut up farm ground and pretty much just drive across anything they wanted.
They screwed up several hunting spots for us just because some of the landowners figured we were from the same town so they wouldn't let us hunt anymore.
I'm sure it's fun and all but this group really got a bad reputation in this area...we started calling the sherriff on them everytime we saw them after awhile.
That's pretty common and a pretty big reason why so many land owners don't like coyote hunters and take it out on all hunters by not allowing ANYONE on their land. We've had gates left open, new seeding torn up, and one afternoon, while sledding on the back side of our farm, a couple of trucks roared over the hill and jumped out to shoot over us at a coyote they're run into our pasture. They didn't...but it's a problem.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 163
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Up