ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Tiger Woods injured in Car Crash
Dante84 01:19 PM 02-23-2021

#BREAKING Agency at scene say @TigerWoods was injured in crash in Ranchos Palos Verdes at Hawthorne Blvd near Blackhorse Rd. Fire crews had to use jaws of life to get him out of vehicle. @KFIAM640 @FOXSports @AM570LASports @espn @TMZ_Sports

— stevengregory (@stevengregory) February 23, 2021

Now confirmed:

This morning @LMTLASD responded to a roll-over collision in which @TigerWoods was injured. Please see our statement... pic.twitter.com/cSWOxKZC1w

— LA County Sheriffs (@LASDHQ) February 23, 2021

Here’s Tiger Woods’ car. pic.twitter.com/kN5hzoNQud

— Chris Vannini �� (@ChrisVannini) February 23, 2021

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:05 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It's really difficult to get into a car accident if you're actually paying attention.
Unless you are halfway through an intersection and the other driver blows through her stop sign and crashes into you as happened to me a few years ago.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:08 PM 02-25-2021
I'm struggling hard here to find a reason why I give a shit about tiger.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:19 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
You are SPOT ON !! Most car accident deaths occur between 40-45 mph.:-)
It's the equivalent of having a crane picking your vehickle up by the back bumper, raising you four stories up, then releasing.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:25 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
I used to speed all the time. All the time. One day it dawned on me that I never got there faster and it cost me thousands of dollars over the years.

I just don't speed anymore, ever.
Last summer on my way to Topeka I got my first speeding ticket in over 30 years. 88 in a 65 zone...ouch. Won't be pulling that shit again.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:08 PM 02-25-2021
I used to speed all the time. All the time. One day it dawned on me that I never got there faster and it cost me thousands of dollars over the years.

I just don't speed anymore, ever.
I'm still a fairly quick, aggressive driver and generally go about 10 over the speed limit. Unless I'm on one of the local Chicago area expressways, that is. Over the past few years, the average speed has crept up into the 75-80 range, even though the posted speed limit is either 55 or 60. I routinely do about 80 on the expressways, and often get passed by people doing 90 or more. I don't see nearly as many cops as I used to, either. I don't know if that's a local thing or a national trend. Hardly ever see people pulled over anymore.

If I'm driving out in the country, though, especially in other states, I'll stick to 10 over the posted limit. Speed limits are so high now that 10 over is about as fast as I want to go anyway.

When I was a kid I averaged about a ticket a year, but now I drive faster than ever and haven't gotten one in over a decade (knock on wood). Outside of a couple of fender tappers, I've never been in an accident where I was driving (also knock on wood).
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:13 PM 02-25-2021

Maybe Tiger should have used the assisted driving system on the GV80?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:15 PM 02-25-2021
Thanks, bud.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...&postcount=333
that sucks. Glad you are OK too!
[Reply]
neech 11:48 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I drive home on a two lane highway. I'm usually in the right lane and eleventy billion people are in the left lane all doing 80 plus tail gaiting each other trying to be first, stuck behind the lead car who won't give up the lane. If the majority of those people lost control at that speed, they'd die and probably take others with them.

People drive stupid nowadays. You only have to be going too fast for the wrong conditions, that could be a measly forty miles an hour.
Taking 55 Hwy out of Chicago is an adventure, pray to God the cars in front of you don't get in a wreck, my goodness that's a dangerous stretch.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:42 AM 02-26-2021
Stevenson is interesting at rush hour, Most Chicagoland highways are.

Originally Posted by neech:
Taking 55 Hwy out of Chicago is an adventure, pray to God the cars in front of you don't get in a wreck, my goodness that's a dangerous stretch.

[Reply]
Frazod 08:06 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Last summer on my way to Topeka I got my first speeding ticket in over 30 years. 88 in a 65 zone...ouch. Won't be pulling that shit again.
Last one I got was 91 in a 65 out in bumblefuck Wisconsin on I-39. Some douche in a silver Toyota SUV was in the passing lane doing 60, staying right next to another vehicle in the slow lane. Fucker was clearly doing it deliberately. Eventually the other vehicle slowed, I cut around on the right, and then, of course, the SUV sped up. I floored it to get around him and BAM nailed by a cop waiting just over a small rise. $300 ticket.

Pretty sure the SUV guy was a cop and got nailed in a sting. Got nailed in bumblefuck Illinois on I-55 in the exact same way. Perhaps it was just bad luck, but I really don't believe in coincidences like that.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:35 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Last one I got was 91 in a 65 out in bumblefuck Wisconsin on I-39. Some douche in a silver Toyota SUV was in the passing lane doing 60, staying right next to another vehicle in the slow lane. Fucker was clearly doing it deliberately. Eventually the other vehicle slowed, I cut around on the right, and then, of course, the SUV sped up. I floored it to get around him and BAM nailed by a cop waiting just over a small rise. $300 ticket.

Pretty sure the SUV guy was a cop and got nailed in a sting. Got nailed in bumblefuck Illinois on I-55 in the exact same way. Perhaps it was just bad luck, but I really don't believe in coincidences like that.
Yeah, sounds like they may have gotten you, but you were dumb for that regardless. Once you got in the other lane you had no reason to be speeding up.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:02 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'm still a fairly quick, aggressive driver and generally go about 10 over the speed limit. Unless I'm on one of the local Chicago area expressways, that is. Over the past few years, the average speed has crept up into the 75-80 range, even though the posted speed limit is either 55 or 60. I routinely do about 80 on the expressways, and often get passed by people doing 90 or more. I don't see nearly as many cops as I used to, either. I don't know if that's a local thing or a national trend. Hardly ever see people pulled over anymore.

If I'm driving out in the country, though, especially in other states, I'll stick to 10 over the posted limit. Speed limits are so high now that 10 over is about as fast as I want to go anyway.

When I was a kid I averaged about a ticket a year, but now I drive faster than ever and haven't gotten one in over a decade (knock on wood). Outside of a couple of fender tappers, I've never been in an accident where I was driving (also knock on wood).

I think driving at high rates of speed is pretty much everywhere now. And yes, in the city the police don’t monitor as much as they should. Probably because it’s dangerous along congested city highways to pull people over and the police have higher priorities.

I see bad and dangerous driving everyday in my area. Tailgating doing 85 MPH, cutting off 18 wheelers at high rates of speed, suddenly slamming on brakes unnecessarily....you name it.

I feel like there needs to be a National campaign to get people to slow down.

We really don’t do a good job of emphasizing highway safety anymore.
[Reply]
backinblack 09:10 AM 02-26-2021
Last ticket I got was five or so years ago on I-95 in South Carolina. Had pulled off to get gas and after filling up I flew out of the gas station and down the on ramp back on the interstate. Made it about half a mile in the left lane probably going about 90 when sure enough there's an ol' Smokey sitting there next to a tree waiting. One of those things you just laugh at looking back, so stupid.
[Reply]
backinblack 09:13 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I think driving at high rates of speed is pretty much everywhere now. And yes, in the city the police don’t monitor as much as they should. Probably because it’s dangerous along congested city highways to pull people over and the police have higher priorities.

I see bad and dangerous driving everyday in my area. Tailgating doing 85 MPH, cutting off 18 wheelers at high rates of speed, suddenly slamming on brakes unnecessarily....you name it.

I feel like there needs to be a National campaign to get people to slow down.

We really don’t do a good job of emphasizing highway safety anymore.
I can be going 80mph in my Mustang down the freeway and I'll still get passed by Super Duty pick up trucks, cement trucks, semis, people in U-Hauls, hell I've been passed by school buses full of kids going 80+. Speed limits are simply not a thing to be followed any more.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:16 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by backinblack:
I can be going 80mph in my Mustang down the freeway and I'll still get passed by Super Duty pick up trucks, cement trucks, semis, people in U-Hauls, hell I've been passed by school buses full of kids going 80+. Speed limits are simply not a thing to be followed any more.
That's Damn sad :-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Up