ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Jeremiah's Mock 2.0
kccrow 11:07 PM 02-16-2021
https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jere...-heir-apparent

Has the Chiefs taking OC Landon Dickerson at 31.

Here's some notes on board faves...

DE Jaelen Phillips at 22
DE Ronnie Perkins at 23
DE Joe Tryon at 26
DE Azeez Ojulari at 30
OT Christian Darrisaw at 19
OT Jalen Mayfield at 24
OT Teven Jenkins at 29
WR Kadarius Toney at 20

Not taken:

DE Jayson Oweh
OT Samuel Cosmi
OT Liam Eichenberg
WR Rashod Bateman
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:37 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Ojulari is listed at 6’3” 240 lbs

Ronnie Perkins is listed at 6’3” 247 lbs.

They look the same size on tape and they’re both stout against the run. What’s the difference?

I’m not sure either is accurate. Perkins looks a lot thicker to the naked eye. I’d bet he weights in 10-15 pounds above that at his pro day.

Ojulari looks a little lighter to me.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:42 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I’m not sure either is accurate. Perkins looks a lot thicker to the naked eye. I’d bet he weights in 10-15 pounds above that at his pro day.

Ojulari looks a little lighter to me.
Yea I’m not seeing it and that’s total speculation.

They look the about the same to me, just as they do on tape.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:53 PM 02-18-2021
Yea I’m not seeing it and that’s total speculation.

They look the about the same to me, just as they do on tape.

Yeah.
:-)

When I’ve watched them, Perkins looks like he has a heavier/sturdier lower half to me.

Pro days will be key for both.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:59 PM 02-18-2021
Ojulari is listed at 6’3” 240 lbs

Ronnie Perkins is listed at 6’3” 247 lbs.

They look the same size on tape and they’re both stout against the run. What’s the difference?
Huge difference on tape to me. Perkins is noticeably thicker in his waist and lower body.

Ojulari has the midsection and lower body of a 215-220 lb guy on tape. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt saying 230.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:16 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Huge difference on tape to me. Perkins is noticeably thicker in his waist and lower body.

Ojulari has the midsection and lower body of a 215-220 lb guy on tape. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt saying 230.
You could be right, but again, that’s just speculation.

I’m not seeing this huge difference in the waist or lower body in any of the image comparisons.
[Reply]
O.city 10:04 PM 02-18-2021
If Phillips makes it to 22, I’d trade up for him.

I’ve been watching some clips with the weather having me stuck at home. Holy hell. He’s gonna be the best pass rusher from this draft of the concussions check out.

If not for those he’s going top5
[Reply]
O.city 10:07 PM 02-18-2021
https://twitter.com/ledyardnfldraft/...127632384?s=21
[Reply]
staylor26 10:53 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

I’ve been watching some clips with the weather having me stuck at home. Holy hell. He’s gonna be the best pass rusher from this draft of the concussions check out.

It’s a gamble I believe is certainly worth making.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:57 AM 02-19-2021

No way would I trade up for him. Not with his injury history. Concussions can become a recurring, career-ending problem.
[Reply]
O.city 11:43 AM 02-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
No way would I trade up for him. Not with his injury history. Concussions can become a recurring, career-ending problem.
For sure.

But no risk it, no biscuit. He could end up being a top 5 rusher in the league. He's got the traits.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:43 PM 02-19-2021
For sure.

But no risk it, no biscuit. He could end up being a top 5 rusher in the league. He's got the traits.
Just like Dee Ford...
[Reply]
staylor26 01:21 PM 02-19-2021
Just like Dee Ford...
Not every guy with an injury history is Dee Ford, and Phillips is a MUCH better prospect.

Besides the concussions, the only serious injury he had was a wrist injury from a moped accident. Dee Ford came into the league with back problems.

Also, it’s been 2+ years since he had a concussion.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:28 PM 02-19-2021
Not every guy with an injury history is Dee Ford, and Phillips is a MUCH better prospect.

Besides the concussions, the only serious injury he had was a wrist injury from a moped accident. Dee Ford came into the league with back problems.

Also, it’s been 2+ years since he had a concussion.
Not every guy with an injury history is Dee Ford but how many of them go on to be tier 1 starters?

I'm struggling to think of many, at least for the Chiefs. College injury histories usually end up disappointing in the pros.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:00 PM 02-19-2021
Not every guy with an injury history is Dee Ford but how many of them go on to be tier 1 starters?

I'm struggling to think of many, at least for the Chiefs. College injury histories usually end up disappointing in the pros.
Again, I’d be more concerned if he had any injury issues this year, or even recently, but he hasn’t.

He was just a skinny kid when he had those issues. His body is completely different now.

His only somewhat serious injury was a wrist injury from a moped accident. The only real potential issue going forward is the concussions, which again he hasn’t had in 2+ years.

Nobody is saying there isn’t risk there, but it’s the only reason this guy is even remotely in our range. Picking all the way at 31, I’ll take the risk for a top 10 talent. You won’t, and that’s fine. We’ll just have to agree to disagree.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:18 PM 02-19-2021
Again, I’d be more concerned if he had any injury issues this year, or even recently, but he hasn’t.

He was just a skinny kid when he had those issues. His body is completely different now.

His only somewhat serious injury was a wrist injury from a moped accident. The only real potential issue going forward is the concussions, which again he hasn’t had in 2+ years.

Nobody is saying there isn’t risk there, but it’s the only reason this guy is even remotely in our range. Picking all the way at 31, I’ll take the risk for a top 10 talent. You won’t, and that’s fine. We’ll just have to agree to disagree.
Yeah, I'd take him at #31. I just wouldn't trade up for him. Honestly I wouldn't trade up for anybody other than a few blue chippers.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up