ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 112 of 162
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
diqlix 03:20 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
He was sucking his last season or so with the Giants. And Eli was forcing him the ball there as well.

I don't watch him enough, especially the last two seasons, to know or have a good idea what his problem is, but it's very apparent that he's not getting any separation most of the time when he's on the field. But Baker's been force-feeding him the ball, and it still isn't making a difference.

Maybe OBJ is done from a physical standpoint, I don't know.
Maybe.

I did just search OBJ on Twitter to see what the fans thought, and many are blaming Mayfield.

I posted the tweets above.
[Reply]
diqlix 03:20 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Defenses have adjusted in 2020, copy cat league and all that. QB's like Allen were given the Mahomes treatment (stop blitzing, don't send more than 3-4 and flood the zones with your secondary).

It's why Allen started hot, cooled off, and now the Bills are back to winning again. The Bills, like the Chiefs, were forced to develop a short pass/run game.

Same thing happened with Mahomes and the Chiefs, but the Chiefs never lost because of it like the Bills did.

Think about that. Allen was having so much early success that they had to start game planning for him as if he were Mahomes.

How defenses approach you is evidence of what the league thinks of your play.

Guys like Mahomes and Allen don't get these easy looks like these rookies get, or guys like Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield.

So when people say, "Oh waht happened to Josh Allen", nothing happened to Josh Allen. Defenses adjusted to him, and now the Bills (like the Chiefs) have adjusted back.
Wow, good post.

You're the rare Chiefs fan that sounds like he has watched some Bills games.

That is exactly what happened.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:25 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I think Kurt Warner knows more than PFF which doesn't evaluate QB play well.

The concept of “ceiling” is different to Warner than it is to you or I. He doesn’t view “ceiling” through the lens of a QB’s physical ability. He doesn’t see a rocket arm or breakneck speed or did-he-just-do-that!? improvisation and project greatness.

No, to Warner, ceiling is all mental. All how a quarterback processes the game.

After all, that’s how a Barnstormin’ cast-off essentially changes offensive football.

Warner studies Allen. Warner has concerns.

Over the summer, he re-watched every snap of the Bills’ playoff loss to the Texans and… yikes. It was bad. Allen missed “lay-up” after “lay-up.” His unusual frame stood out then. Warner is a firm believer that it’s extremely difficult for lanky, 6-foot-5 quarterbacks to ever become rhythmic passers. Peyton Manning was tall, sure, but “still compact,” Warner notes. In Allen, he sees “long levers” and Warner believes it’s extremely difficult for any quarterback with such levers to condense everything into a concise throwing motion that lasts.

And even as Allen then torched the league with an MVP-caliber September, even as millions of us believed we were witnessing a young QB turning the corner and anyone who ever uttered a bad word about Allen was told to repent for their sins, Warner saw something else. Warner saw a quarterback making (very) simple throws to (very) fast receivers. A quarterback who, frankly, didn’t need to use his brain much. As defenses started getting more exotic in coverage with their zones, Allen regressed. Allen lacked a counterpunch. Hence, the JV-level picks vs. the Titans and the near picks vs. the NFL’s worst team and the fumbles (he’s up to 28 in 38 starts). After that 4-0 start, Buffalo lost to two AFC powers and wobbled to wins over two AFC lightweights with Allen completing 62.7 percent of his passes for 211.5 yards per game, four scores, four picks and a 79.2 passer rating.

“When you get man to man, you don’t have to process the information,” Warner says. “It’s just ‘Pick a match-up that you like, and go.’ And, so, it’s a great thing for young guys because it comes down to the physicality more than it comes down to the mental side of it. When you add the mental side to it — with a guy who’s still learning how to play the position like Josh and still learning how to process and, at times, gets antsy in the pocket — all this stuff starts to stack on top of each other. And that is when you have your inefficiencies.

One high-ranking AFC exec vacillates between two comps. First, he calls Allen “a more exciting Kirk Cousins” because, to him, Allen is good enough to get the Bills to the playoffs but bad enough to keep them from going too far. He points out that defenses know they simply have to confuse him, so there’s also “a Daunte Culpepper feel” here. He believes that, like Culpepper, defenses will shut Allen down for good in one or two years.

“That, to me, becomes the ultimate question with this new-era of quarterback. How long can they sustain what they’re doing to have their statistical success before it’s going to have to adjust? And if they do or if they don’t will determine how long they play in this game and at that level.”

Thus, it’s pretty simple for the Bills. Until Allen develops that counter, they are a 10-6, 11-5 team that will run into the buzz saw that is Mahomes.

https://www.golongtd.com/p/part-ii-t...-on-josh-allen
The above article is a better, more precise way of saying what I've been trying to say for two years now, and in this thread. Allen has a crap ton of physical talent, being hindered by his lack of acumen and processing speed.

Thanks for posting.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:29 PM 12-16-2020
The above article is a better, more precise way of saying what I've been trying to say for two years now, and in this thread. Allen has a crap ton of physical talent, being hindered by his lack of acumen and processing speed.

Thanks for posting.
It's an article reflecting on his 2019 season. In 2020, he HAS developed that counterpunch. It just didn't happen till the 3rd quarter of this season. He came out hot 1st quarter, cooled in the 2nd, found their groove in the 3rd.

And like with the Chiefs, it's up to the coaches to implement game plans to help him execute those counter punches.

And THAT's why he's back in the MVP conversation. (as 3rd, which isn't REALLY in the conversation, but you know what i mean).
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:38 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
Maybe.

I did just search OBJ on Twitter to see what the fans thought, and many are blaming Mayfield.

I posted the tweets above.
Soo, you're taking the word of anonymous fans concerning OBJ's success of lack thereof now?:-)

Do you consult your mother for her advice about your prostate health?

That's about the funniest thing I've read in a while.

smh. Now we're throwing up random tweets as solid football analysis . . . I'm done with you.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:44 PM 12-16-2020
I'll always have a bit of a soft spot for the Buffalo Bills after living in Rochester for a while, but hopping into another teams message board and trying to lecture them about being arrogant is pretty fucking silly.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:47 PM 12-16-2020
It's an article reflecting on his 2019 season. In 2020, he HAS developed that counterpunch. It just didn't happen till the 3rd quarter of this season. He came out hot 1st quarter, cooled in the 2nd, found their groove in the 3rd.

And like with the Chiefs, it's up to the coaches to implement game plans to help him execute those counter punches.

And THAT's why he's back in the MVP conversation. (as 3rd, which isn't REALLY in the conversation, but you know what i mean).
Has he, really? I guess that still a question for me. Has he really developed his processing speed, or has he just been given an eraser in Diggs? What if a defense used a box coverage or a man/zone bracket (or whatever) on Diggs? Would Josh be able to process that and find the singled up receiver consistently? Or would he throw at Diggs anyway, or just tuck it and run?

I'm still not sure that question has been answered. But again, I don't watch every Bills game. Just three of four this season, and some film breakdowns on YT right before they played KC.

None of those definitively showed me that Josh had dramatically improved his processing speed.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:48 PM 12-16-2020
Fred Jackson and Steve Johnson were some BAMFs back in the early 2010s. Also remember some safety (Byrd?) That got some real hype but flamed out after he left.
[Reply]
notorious 03:58 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Fred Jackson and Steve Johnson were some BAMFs back in the early 2010s. Also remember some safety (Byrd?) That got some real hype but flamed out after he left.
MOTHER FUCK STEVIE JOHNSON WITH THE ALASKAN PIPELINE.

That piece of shit cock swilling twat cheap shotted Eric Berry and blew out his knee.

Fuck him. I hope he's living under a bridge somewhere.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:01 PM 12-16-2020

I wouldn't say that. The 3rd quarter Allen ran into 3 versions of the Seattle defense which Daboll's modern scheme+Allen's Arm cut up.

Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles Chargers

Allen also played Arizona in which he made an amazing throw to gain the lead to Diggs in the 4th quarter but made a TON of mistakes prior including 4 throws right to the other team and a horrible decision to throw the ball up for grabs as he was going down.

Pittsburgh game was a tale of two half. 1st half bad, 2nd half he had two drives where Daboll adjusted to pressure by rolling him to his right and getting quick hitters or 1st read to Diggs and that was game.

Last 3 games should be interesting. Denver missing corners but if they play cloud coverage and try to force Allen to his left I expect things could get interesting.

Miami and New England both have scheme to stop the Daboll offense. We get to watch Allen play QB last 2 weeks. If he does well in those situations, great. That would be true growth.

This year I see Allen in a Lamar situation. Offense and scheme caught a lot of people off guard but the NFL started to find answer for Lamar (load the triangle) and I expect the answers for Allen will be coming too. KC already has them as we saw in first meeting.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:05 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
MOTHER FUCK STEVIE JOHNSON WITH THE ALASKAN PIPELINE.

That piece of shit cock swilling twat cheap shotted Eric Berry and blew out his knee.

Fuck him. I hope he's living under a bridge somewhere.
Forgot about that. Couldn't give any less of a shit about it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:07 PM 12-16-2020
Scratch that. I'm actually pissed he didn't go lower and knock the Haglunds out of him so he wouldn't end up being a useless fucking piece of shit.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:09 PM 12-16-2020
So it's really just the Steelers right?

No.

It's a 4-page discussion about Josh Allen vs. Baker Mayfield.

:-)
[Reply]
New World Order 04:09 PM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Forgot about that. Couldn't give any less of a shit about it.
While I hate Eric Berry, what about the Bills concussing Montana in the AFC Title game?!!!!!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:09 PM 12-16-2020
Has he, really? I guess that still a question for me. Has he really developed his processing speed, or has he just been given an eraser in Diggs? What if a defense used a box coverage or a man/zone bracket (or whatever) on Diggs? Would Josh be able to process that and find the singled up receiver consistently? Or would he throw at Diggs anyway, or just tuck it and run?

I'm still not sure that question has been answered. But again, I don't watch every Bills game. Just three of four this season, and some film breakdowns on YT right before they played KC.

None of those definitively showed me that Josh had dramatically improved his processing speed.

Tennessee played their usual guard the bleachers cloud coverage. While most NFL QB's eat that shit up, Allen struggled.

He kept looking downfield and couldn't find the open guy. He eventually turned into checkdown Charlie and just wasted clock with the Titans far ahead.

Terrible QB play and game management but I bet PFF would grade taking these checkdowns wonderfully in their little score card.
[Reply]
Page 112 of 162
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122 > Last »
Up