ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 31
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Media Center>Disney+: WandaVision
keg in kc 05:06 PM 09-21-2020
I didn't think I wanted to watch this. Then the trailer premiered last night.

[Reply]
unlurking 03:12 PM 02-28-2021
Would absolutely love the Phase 4 villain to be Scarlet Witch initiating Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe. I know that storyline would never make it into the MCU, but man would I love to see it across a dozen or so movies and TV shows. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 03:16 PM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Up until the last 2 episodes I thought for sure it was Mephisto. But now I'm not so sure. I agree with Dane, that this might be it. Outside of a brief hero cameo maybe. Feels like they're really trying to have Agatha be the closer for the season. But, man who knows. They've be fooling me the whole season. There's definitely something more happening on the grand scheme of things, but I'm starting to doubt how much we'll see of that this season...
Yeah, everything is on the table. The writers have been brilliant on this show.

Though, if Pietro just ends up being some dude that was enhanced by Agatha just to fuck with Wanda and send her into a spiral, I'm going to be quite disappointed. If nothing else, I really want the Fox X-Men to come crashing into the MCU next week with a head of steam (likely not happening, I know). Lol
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:48 PM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah, everything is on the table. The writers have been brilliant on this show.

Though, if Pietro just ends up being some dude that was enhanced by Agatha just to fuck with Wanda and send her into a spiral, I'm going to be quite disappointed. If nothing else, I really want the Fox X-Men to come crashing into the MCU next week with a head of steam (likely not happening, I know). Lol
It really feels like fan service and nothing more. Guess we will see
[Reply]
FAX 09:03 PM 02-28-2021
My fervent hope is that Marvel doesn't overuse the "Skrull Impersonating Human" story-telling method.

One of the reasons behind Marvel's success is the extremely thoughtful development of their characters. We may not relate to every character, but we can understand their flaws, their motivations, and their purpose. This has been true throughout the MCU and it is, in large measure, responsible for the MCU's connection with their audience.

From that perspective, faking out the audience is dangerous. The "Unreliable Narrator" trope is one thing, but Skrulls popping out of miscellaneous characters is something else entirely.

To be clear, I'm not a Skrull hater (I even have friends who are Skrulls).

However, if I can't depend on anything anybody says or does during the story because they may be a damn Skrull, I will quickly lose interest in that character. As a viewer, "Is the character currently speaking a human or a Skrull?" inner monologue will get boring fast.

Therefore, I'm in the "Keep Your Skrulling To A Minimum" camp.

FAX
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:57 PM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by FAX:
My fervent hope is that Marvel doesn't overuse the "Skrull Impersonating Human" story-telling method.

Therefore, I'm in the "Keep Your Skrulling To A Minimum" camp.

FAX
I completely agree.

But the reason why I suggested it as a possibility is because it's difficult for me to see the series end on a low note/cliffhanger.

Marvel doesn't have any films or TV series in the timeline subsequent to the end of WandaVision until March 22, 2022, which is when the new Dr. Strange movie is set to release, so it would be weird to see them tiptoe around the cliffhanger/Big Bad for more than a year, especially considering the numerous amount of content for Disney+ in the next 12 months.

If Talos impersonated Hayward while working directly with Nick Fury, I wouldn't see that as abuse of their abilities because we've seen him do this a few times before in Marvel films. But if it was a new Skrull character, maybe it could somehow connect to The Eternals or Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings or Spiderman (which of course, is very unlikely).

All I really know is that 12:00am Friday morning can't get here fast enough!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:01 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
From the most recent episode [and the wording of his previous statement :-)], speculation is;

Spoiler!
Now if it's a Luke Skywalker level reveal then it would either be Hugh Jackman or Patrick Stewart
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:10 PM 03-01-2021
I’ve seen speculation that’s it’s

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:34 PM 03-01-2021
I have a feeling if this Skywalker level reveal isn't epic, this show is going to go down as completely forgettable. Out of all the episodes, I would say only half of them have had interesting content, they spent way too much time on episodes dropping "hints" in the honor of past television shows, but if it ends up being just Agatha and a wah wah moment for a reveal, what a let down. I know there are many who will disagree with me, but this show just didn't interest me to stay invested to find out what they were hinting at in episode 1 when Vision pulled a chunk of food out of a guy's throat.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:47 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I have a feeling if this Skywalker level reveal isn't epic, this show is going to go down as completely forgettable. Out of all the episodes, I would say only half of them have had interesting content, they spent way too much time on episodes dropping "hints" in the honor of past television shows, but if it ends up being just Agatha and a wah wah moment for a reveal, what a let down. I know there are many who will disagree with me, but this show just didn't interest me to stay invested to find out what they were hinting at in episode 1 when Vision pulled a chunk of food out of a guy's throat.
Dude, WandaVision is currently the most popular TV series in the entire world.

Last Friday morning at 12:00am, I tried to access WandaVision for nearly 15 minutes before I was able to get the stream.

It's not going to be easily forgotten, regardless of the conclusion, especially considering it ties directly into Dr. Strange 2 and Captain Marvel 2.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:05 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Nobody is forgetting this series. It's so unique and well-done that it's going to be revered for some time, regardless of the ending.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:17 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Nobody is forgetting this series. It's so unique and well-done that it's going to be revered for some time, regardless of the ending.
I don't think it will be forgotten either. I just hope it's rembered as a great series (I personally enjoyed every episode including the first couple) from start to finish and not remembered for having a GoT type ending.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:36 PM 03-01-2021
I'm glad this wasn't a binge series so much fun discussing what could happen every week
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:28 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I'm glad this wasn't a binge series so much fun discussing what could happen every week
Agreed.

Disney made the right decision to release weekly because it's so much more fun to speculate about what happens next, which also ramps up the anticipation from week to week.

Having something to look forward to each week, especially during this pandemic, has been awesome.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:35 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Agreed.

Disney made the right decision to release weekly because it's so much more fun to speculate about what happens next, which also ramps up the anticipation from week to week.

Having something to look forward to each week, especially during this pandemic, has been awesome.
Right. And letting dorks make dork videos and build the hype.

Thank goodness for dorks.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:15 PM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Agreed.

It's been great and so glad for it too. Looking forward to Falcon next but this has been a spectacular show that I won't forget.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 31
« First < 131920212223 24252627 > Last »
Up