ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The Athletic's 2021 NFL Mock Draft
KChiefs1 02:11 PM 02-25-2021
https://theathletic.com/2400755/2021...alabama-stars/

Just showing the AFC West teams.

2021 NFL Mock Draft: Falcons grab Matt Ryan’s replacement, Dolphins target Alabama stars
by
The Athletic NFL Staff

The 2021 NFL Draft just more than two months away, on April 29-May 1. Free agency, which begins March 17, will shift the needs of many teams before then. But we’re kick-starting the run-up to the annual NFL Selection Meeting with a new mock draft from our writers at The Athletic who cover the league’s 32 teams.

Originally Posted by :
9. Denver Broncos: Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech

New general manager George Paton may be in the mix for a quarterback depending on whether he can pull off a Watson deal — oddsmakers seem to like the Broncos’ chances — but that’s not really an option in this scenario with the top four signal callers already off the board. Paton will gladly settle for a strong, physical, 6-foot-2, 207-pound defensive back who fits an immediate need. Alabama’s Patrick Surtain II may be more ready to step in right now, and he’d certainly be an option here, but Denver’s timeline would allow Farley to develop on the job while playing, at least next season, for a smart defensive head coach in Vic Fangio. Penn State linebacker Micah Parsons could be a consideration here, too. — Nick Kosmider

13. L.A. Chargers: Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL, USC

The Chargers desperately need more offensive line talent to protect quarterback Justin Herbert and improve what was one of the worst rushing attacks in football last year. Vera-Tucker would slide in immediately as the starter at left guard. He also played left tackle last year for the Trojans after starting at guard as a redshirt sophomore, and that versatility is a bonus. The Chargers need to bolster all five positions up front, especially considering three of their starters — Sam Tevi, Forrest Lamp and Dan Feeney — are set to hit free agency. — Daniel Popper

17. Las Vegas Raiders: Gregory Rousseau, Edge, Miami

The Raiders were taking either Paye or Rousseau, forget this best-player-available nonsense. They need a pass rusher badly, and Rousseau is 6-foot-7, 265 pounds with speed, power, good hands and bend. He had 15.5 sacks and 19.5 tackles for loss in 2019 while learning a new position — he was a safety and receiver in high school and then put on 30 pounds — and his high motor shows on the tape. Rousseau opted out of the 2020 season due to concerns surrounding the COVID-19 virus. He can line up immediately on passing downs opposite Maxx Crosby, with Clelin Ferrell moving inside. — Vic Tafur

31. Kansas City Chiefs: Jaelan Phillips, Edge, Miami (Fla.)

Based on the performance of their makeshift offensive line in the Super Bowl, the Chiefs are likely to prioritize protecting Patrick Mahomes by strengthening that group, especially with injuries to Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz. But with the run on tackles late in the first round, the Chiefs can try to solve their pass-rushing issues by selecting Phillips. Even with star pass rushers in Chris Jones and Frank Clark, the Chiefs’ defensive line didn’t generate consistent pressure on quarterbacks when coordinator Steve Spagnuolo wasn’t blitzing. Adding Phillips, a quick, athletic defender with violent hands, gives the Chiefs a formidable trio to complement their strong secondary. — Nate Taylor

[Reply]
Direckshun 02:18 PM 02-25-2021
I’d really like Phillips to be our pick.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:22 PM 02-25-2021
Hope he can keep his head on straight. Literally.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:25 PM 02-25-2021
Yes please :-)
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:07 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I’d really like Phillips to be our pick.
My early favorite as well
[Reply]
Dull Tools 10:38 AM 02-26-2021
The Athletic had a great article on Quinn Meinerez the other day. I don't care what happens in the draft as long as we select him.

Didn't realise he had never played a snap at centre before the senior bowl. He was mainly a guard,
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:25 AM 03-12-2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:14 PM 03-15-2021
Originally Posted by Dull Tools:
The Athletic had a great article on Quinn Meinerez the other day. I don't care what happens in the draft as long as we select him.

Didn't realise he had never played a snap at centre before the senior bowl. He was mainly a guard,

Meinerz is my pick for center.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:23 PM 01-06-2022
Today marks an incredible milestone for The Athletic. We are thrilled to announce that we have entered into an agreement to be acquired by The New York Times Company, a transaction that is expected to close in the first quarter of 2022.
[Reply]
Up