ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mock Offseason 2/25
The Franchise 10:33 AM 02-25-2021
Cap Moves:
Extend Mathieu and Hill
Restructure Mahomes and Jones
Fisher signs 1 year extension. Lowers his 2021 cap hit and allows him to rehab l knowing he has another year to get a new contract.
Cut Chad Henne

RFA Tenders:
Charvarius Ward (2nd Round Tender)

Chiefs Re-Signings:
Anthony Sherman (minimum deal)
Kelechi Osemele (minimum deal)
Mike Remmers (minimum deal)
Taco Charlton (minimum deal)
Byron Pringle (Vet Min Deal)
Darrell Williams (Vet Min Deal)
Deon Yelder (Vet Min Deal)

FA Signings:
Romeo Okwara, DE, Lions (3 year deal, $10 million AVG, lower 2021 cap hit)
Justin Britt, C, Seahawks (1 year deal, $5-6 million)
Josh Reynolds, WR, Rams (3 year deal, $5-6 million AVG, lower 2021 cap hit)
Jason Peters, OT, Eagles (1 year deal, $3-4 million AVG)

Draft

#31 - Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
#63 - Hamsah Nasirildeen, S, Florida State
#94 - James Hudson, OT, Cincinnati
#136 - Cade Johnson, WR, South Dakota State
#144 - Daelin Hayes, DE, Notre Dame
#176 - Tre McKitty, TE, Georgia
#180 - Jamin Davis, LB, Kentucky
#256 - Olaijah Griffin, CB, USC

53 Man Roster

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Jordan Ta'amu
RB - Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Damien Williams, Darrell Williams
FB - Anthony Schwartz
WR - Tyreek Hill, Josh Reynolds, Mecole Hardman, Cade Johnson, Byron Pringle, Antonio Callaway
TE - Travis Kelce, Tre McKitty, Deon Yelder
OT - Eric Fisher (PUP), Mitchell Schwartz, Jason Peters, Mike Remmers, James Hudson, Prince Tega Wanogho
OG - LDT, Nick Allegretti, Martinas Rankin, Kelechi Osemele, Lucas Niang
OC - Justin Britt

DE - Frank Clark, Romeo Okwara, Taco Charlton, Daelin Hayes, Mike Danna
DT - Chris Jones, Derrick Nnadi, Tershawn Wharton, Khalen Saunders
LB - Anthony Hitchens, Willie Gay Jr., Zaven Collins, Jamin Davis, Dorian O'Daniel
CB - Charvarius Ward, L'Jarius Sneed, DeAndre Baker, Rashad Fenton, Thakarius Keyes, Olaijah Griffin
S - Tyrann Mathieu, Juan Thornhill, Hamsah Nasirildeen, Armani Watts
K - Harrison Butker
P - Tommy Townsend
LS - James Winchester

Notes:

Okwara, Collins and Nasirilideen help push this defense to top 10.

Niang has flexibility where he can play. You could start him at LG over Allegretti or over LDT at RG if Schwartz is healthy. If Schwartz isn’t, then you can try Niang at RT. Peters is brought in to start the season but can be phased out if Fisher comes back early or if Hudson starts to show that he can play earlier than expected. Allegretti is your backup at center.

Reynolds is the X and Cade Johnson can play out of the slot. Hardman is the wild card but this is his make or break year.
[Reply]
Direckshun 02:17 PM 02-25-2021
I think you’re going to need more weapons in the receiving game.
[Reply]
wachashi 02:27 PM 02-25-2021
Hitchens does a ton for this defense right now so I just can't see them letting him go this year without first having a solid successor in place. Collins could be that guy if given a year to learn the defense and settle in. He may start off as a sub-package guy, but that's fine with me if they've got bigger plans for him.

Against Buffalo in the playoffs, Hitchens was our dime LB calling the defense. I could easily see Collins staying on the field by year two in our base, nickel, and dime. Could change based on certain matchups, but I think he's got the ability.

One of the overlooked parts of the defensive performance was Hitchens' run defense out of the dime. BUF had some light boxes they could've exploited, but Hitchens shut the door on more than one occasion to limit yardage and stay ahead of the sticks. pic.twitter.com/KAPVCPsQhG

— Craig Stout (@barleyhop) January 26, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 02:54 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm finding it hard to "hate" any of the possible scenarios right now, this team is just so good and the front office is doing so well.

However, this scenario might be one that makes me the least happy.

:-)
I swap back and forth daily on what I would take in the first round if I was the Chiefs. WR and DE are still my mainstays.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:18 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I swap back and forth daily on what I would take in the first round if I was the Chiefs. WR and DE are still my mainstays.
Me too.

Although I think I'd move a guy like Collins up because the news on Schwartz has me thinking OT is a much lower priority now.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:40 PM 02-25-2021
The guy that I want us to absolutely draft? Hamsah Nasirildeen.

Getting burned by TEs? A thing of the past.
[Reply]
wachashi 04:48 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The guy that I want us to absolutely draft? Hamsah Nasirildeen.

Getting burned by TEs? A thing of the past.
Dude's got a very high ceiling. I'm a fan.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:06 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I highly doubt they have a rookie calling the defense. Not saying he couldn't do it, just saying I don't see them handing it over to a rookie right away.
Why not let Mathieu do it, and let the rookie just play and not think about what alignment the defense needs to be in?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:34 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Why not let Mathieu do it, and let the rookie just play and not think about what alignment the defense needs to be in?
I would think if Tyrann could do it the way they wanted, they'd already have him doing it.

Hell, when Hitchens isn't on the field, they often have Niemann calling the sets.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up