ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 55
« First < 5455152535455
Nzoner's Game Room>I want to show you my newest sports card...
arrowheadnation 01:18 AM 05-21-2020
The sports card market is absolutely booming right now. I sold off enough of my other stuff to buy this. There are only 10 of them. It is indescribably beautiful.

[Reply]
Pointer19 06:53 AM 01-25-2024

[Reply]
Dunit35 07:04 AM 01-25-2024
My 11 year old daughter bought her first two blaster boxes of men’s soccer cards. Girl got super excited when she pulled a cheap Messi card. She was disappointed when she didn’t find a Ronaldo card.

I bought a single jersey patch Ronaldo card and a “sealed” blaster box. I don’t trust eBay so I’m sure it’s already been opened and resealed. Either way, we’re opening a pack, sliding that patch card in it and resealing it. Can’t wait to see her face.
[Reply]
Pointer19 03:57 PM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
My 11 year old daughter bought her first two blaster boxes of men’s soccer cards. Girl got super excited when she pulled a cheap Messi card. She was disappointed when she didn’t find a Ronaldo card.

I bought a single jersey patch Ronaldo card and a “sealed” blaster box. I don’t trust eBay so I’m sure it’s already been opened and resealed. Either way, we’re opening a pack, sliding that patch card in it and resealing it. Can’t wait to see her face.
This is awesome parenting and something I’ll have to do someday.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:56 PM 01-25-2024
Originally Posted by Dunit35:

Food for thought here… will that render unrealistic expectations in the future if she “pulls” that from a pack? Would you be better off giving her the card separate? Not sure what the right answer is and will probably be different by circumstance.
[Reply]
kcfan75 04:33 PM 02-02-2024
Went to a card show in Lee's Summit this weekend with my sons. They both collect, all of my cards are from the 80's and early 90's.

Saw a Kelce rookie and had to have it. Came back home and felt like completing the set, so I found just about every decent Chiefs player I could and their most affordable rookie card. Pat, Felix, and George all showed up this week and I'm waiting on 10-15 others.
Attached: HixN77CKR3yiPxlzqBCeDg.jpg (168.1 KB) 
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 04:44 PM 02-02-2024
Originally Posted by kcfan75:
Went to a card show in Lee's Summit this weekend with my sons. They both collect, all of my cards are from the 80's and early 90's.

Saw a Kelce rookie and had to have it. Came back home and felt like completing the set, so I found just about every decent Chiefs player I could and their most affordable rookie card. Pat, Felix, and George all showed up this week and I'm waiting on 10-15 others.
Nice Kelce Chrome rookie. Interesting fact: if you don't already know, Uncle Travvy hates that card. Just a couple weeks ago it got brought up on the New Heights podcast and he went on a rant about it saying he hates the picture and that he won't sign it anymore if anyone asks him to; which promptly made all of the affordable signed ones on ebay disappear quickly.
[Reply]
kcfan75 05:20 PM 02-02-2024
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Nice Kelce Chrome rookie. Interesting fact: if you don't already know, Uncle Travvy hates that card. Just a couple weeks ago it got brought up on the New Heights podcast and he went on a rant about it saying he hates the picture and that he won't sign it anymore if anyone asks him to; which promptly made all of the affordable signed ones on ebay disappear quickly.
Haha, thanks for that information. I watch the podcasts when I can, but did not hear that part.

Funny, because I was actually hoping to get him to sign it. Apparently he stops at the BP gas station at State Line and 133rd once a week according to some people that work there.

I forgot I bumped into Jim Kearney in Martin City at the driving range. I picked up his card in case I saw him again to get his signature as well.

The guy was 70 years old and still crushing 300-yard drives.
Attached: KbPsGaAITqijBaWQ1q66yw.jpg (97.8 KB) 
[Reply]
In58men 09:38 AM 02-10-2024
Big Red is now in the collection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
Page 55 of 55
« First < 5455152535455
Up