ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Antonio ****ing Gibson
okiedokieokoye 12:04 PM 04-20-2020
Okay, I'll admit, this is one of my draft crushes. I know there is a huge wave of Damien Williams fans out there, and I definitely agree it would be a waste of an early pick to go RB, but Antonio Gibson is a maniacal monster that is being mocked in the 3-4 round range. Have you guys watched any film on this beautiful specimen? It's like watching a TE play RB.

He's raw. As hell. As in 34 career rushes. CAREER. 77 Total Touches. However, he has 14 touchdowns on those 77 touches. That's good, right? He's listed as both a WR and RB. 6'2", 221lbs and runs a sub 4.40. Freak.

Andy would have so much fun figuring out ways to get this guy involved and it would be amazing to watch him wear down defenses with a body as fresh as a newborn baby.

[Reply]
el borracho 12:08 PM 04-20-2020
Yep, I'm really hoping he is there for us in the 4th. Size, speed, moves and hands and experience at two positions. Would love to see what Reid could do with this guy.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:22 PM 04-20-2020
That’s my later round crush, Reid would definitely have a blast dialing up ways to get him involved

But I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a player with so many different listed heights, some places say 6’0, some 6’1 and others 6’2... would still want him as a six footer, it’s just kinda weird
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:52 PM 04-20-2020
I'm in as well, love this guy! My favorite guy in the draft I think. Dude darts and runs like a rabbit out there. Perfect fit for Reid and I can't imagine that he's not all about Gibson as well. I'm afraid he's climbing in the draft and we'd have to trade up in the 3rd to get him even with the lack of touches.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:03 PM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I'm in as well, love this guy! Darts and runs like a rabbit out there. Perfect fit for Reid and I can't imagine that he's not all about Gibson as well. I'm afraid he's climbing in the draft and we'd have to trade up in the 3rd to get him even with the lack of touches.

Thoughts?
He definitely seems like one of those under the radar guys that multiple teams are secretly in love with... the height/weight/speed factor is real, he could easily go higher than projected
[Reply]
Dante84 04:15 PM 04-20-2020
love him and McFarland. I wish we could somehow get both and give one Shady's spot, and the other can duke it out with Darrel Williams for RB 3/4
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:40 PM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
He definitely seems like one of those under the radar guys that multiple teams are secretly in love with... the height/weight/speed factor is real, he could easily go higher than projected
Yeah, I think he's getting more and more attention. I expect him to go earlier than the 4th round.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:22 PM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, I think he's getting more and more attention. I expect him to go earlier than the 4th round.
The body of work is brief, but the measurables demand attention... I hope he’s still there at 3

He’s raw, but with a mixed bag of the Williams brothers and Thompson, he could be eased into the rotation as he adds polish... much like Hardman was at receiver

A great boom or bust roll of the dice with low miles on him
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:45 PM 04-20-2020
Looks like he could literally play every offensive skill position besides FB and QB.

Reid would have more fun with him than with a dump truck full of chile rellenos.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:17 PM 04-20-2020
I like him a lot.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:46 AM 04-21-2020
why exactly did he get so few touches throughout his career?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:51 AM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
why exactly did he get so few touches throughout his career?
They spent like 2 years trying to make him a WR.
[Reply]
okiedokieokoye 09:05 AM 04-21-2020
He was also sitting behind Darrell Henderson who was a badass and selected 70th overall last year by the Rams. His 2019 competition wasn't that great though, so I'm not sure why he didn't get more touches.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:08 AM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
love him and McFarland. I wish we could somehow get both and give one Shady's spot, and the other can duke it out with Darrel Williams for RB 3/4
I read a really terrible character review on McFarland from a scout. Said he was "like a child" and had really poor temperament.

After Marcus Peters, I'll pass.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:12 AM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I read a really terrible character review on McFarland from a scout. Said he was "like a child" and had really poor temperament.

After Marcus Peters, I'll pass.
All scouts have different views and that does not mean he's like Marcus Peters, being immature and being abrasive to everyone isn't the same.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up