ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 169 of 319
« First < 69119159165166167168169 170171172173179219269 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
O.city 11:46 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
What are everyone’s thoughts on Trey Hendrickson and Juju?

Juju isn’t a #1 but he succeeded as a #2 option.
Hendrickson maybe, no on JUJU.

Way out our price range.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:48 AM 03-09-2021

Juju would be a nice complimentary piece.

I think Hendrickson is going to cash in on his breakout season. In fact, I saw a couple of suggestions that the Saints might consider tagging him (or Marcus Williams) if they could find the cap space to do it..
[Reply]
staylor26 11:48 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I get that. But at LDE, then need someone who can really hold up against the run too and be very versatile.

Clowney can play all along the DL.
He’s implying that Clowney doesn’t upgrade our pass rush over KPass and Okafor, which is silly.

I realize that Clowney hasn’t been productive the past 2 years, but he also had back to back seasons with 9 sacks before that. The biggest difference was the talent around him. Here he’d be playing with Jones, Clark, and Wharton on passing downs.

If we signed Clowney, I would fully expect Spags and Daly to get good Clowney.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:48 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Someone will pay Juju like a top end #1.
You're probably right.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:48 AM 03-09-2021

This is a super deep FA and draft for WRs.

Veach specifically said on the zoom call that they would be looking in the second wave of free agent WR and OL (among other spots) for bargains because nobody’s going to have money to spend.

I bet we snag 3 guys we don’t think are possible right now because they want to play for a ring with Pat and Veach said as much.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:48 AM 03-09-2021
Hard pass. Incredibly injury prone since the end of the 2015 season.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:51 AM 03-09-2021
Perfect for the Raiders!
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:52 AM 03-09-2021
I’m not sure I see Juju getting paid like a true #1. He’s shown that he can’t be that...and there are a ton of WRs in FA and the draft.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:52 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He’s implying that Clowney doesn’t upgrade our pass rush over KPass and Okafor, which is silly.

I realize that Clowney hasn’t been productive the past 2 years, but he also had back to back seasons with 9 sacks before that. The biggest difference was the talent around him. Here he’d be playing with Jones, Clark, and Wharton on passing downs.

I’m a bigger fan of his than most here, but I have a hard time justifying spending much on him.

If we could sign him for something around 5m, sure. But he ended another year injured after underperforming and we don’t have much to spend.
[Reply]
In58men 03-09-2021, 11:54 AM
This message has been deleted by In58men.
htismaqe 11:57 AM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I’m a bigger fan of his than most here, but I have a hard time justifying spending much on him.

If we could sign him for something around 5m, sure. But he ended another year injured after underperforming and we don’t have much to spend.
Kind of where I'm at. I'd take him for cheap, cheap but that's about all we can afford.
[Reply]
O.city 12:02 PM 03-09-2021
I think people need to really lower expectations for FA spending here. The Clowneys of the world on a cheap 1 or 2 year deal is what you're gonna get across from Jones and Clark.
[Reply]
O.city 12:04 PM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Shit...I agree with Staylor. I dunno how to proceed.

But serious note, he's what you need at LDE. Add a speed rusher somewhere to compliment.

Hell, I'd sign him and Ingram if I could.
[Reply]
In58men 12:05 PM 03-09-2021
I think people need to really lower expectations for FA spending here. The Clowneys of the world on a cheap 1 or 2 year deal is what you're gonna get across from Jones and Clark.
We just need depth, don’t need to sexy players like Orlando Brown or Allen Robinson. I feel like most people are on board with guys like John Ross or Phillip Dorsett, drafting OL in the 2nd round.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:06 PM 03-09-2021
Need to re sign Dirty Dan
[Reply]
-King- 12:09 PM 03-09-2021
I get that. But at LDE, then need someone who can really hold up against the run too and be very versatile.

Clowney can play all along the DL.
I'll be honest. I couldn't really give two shits about the LDEs run defense. Obviously it can't be terrible like Dee Ford was, but with the players we have, I want a primarily pass rushing DE. We desperately need someone who can consistently get pressure and who can also take attention away from Chris Jones.

I want nothing to do with a player whos had 3 sacks in 2 injury ridden seasons.
[Reply]
Page 169 of 319
« First < 69119159165166167168169 170171172173179219269 > Last »
Up