Gore is the starter now, no chance
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:23 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Gore is the starter now, no chance
Bacteria
Cockroaches
Frank Gore

The man will outlive us all and still be carrying the rock when the rest of us are dead and buried.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:34 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Bacteria
Cockroaches
Frank Gore

The man will outlive us all and still be carrying the rock when the rest of us are dead and buried.
His son is a college RB, maybe his goal is to share an NFL backfield with his son.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:54 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
His son is a college RB, maybe his goal is to share an NFL backfield with his son.
Figure out a way to get him back in SF and Shanahan would have him going to for 750 on 4 yards/carry at 39/40 years old.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:22 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I could totally see Sutton having Speaks covering Antonio Brown though.
It was all part of the plan, Staylor. All part of the plan.

{sighs}
{weeps}
[Reply]
staylor26 02:16 PM 09-16-2020
Let me tell you guys about Frank Gore.

If that guy doesn’t have two ACL injuries, and he had the explosion he had before them, he’s one of the GOAT’s no question.

Freshman Gore was one of the best I’ve ever seen. He was better than Portis and McGahee. He would come in and get 100 yards in the 4th effortlessly. Dude was unreal.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:22 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Let me tell you guys about Frank Gore.

If that guy doesn’t have two ACL injuries, and he had the explosion he had before them, he’s one of the GOAT’s no question.

Freshman Gore was one of the best I’ve ever seen. He was better than Portis and McGahee. He would come in and get 100 yards in the 4th effortlessly. Dude was unreal.
McGahee was the one who's knee went 'splodey in the bowl game, right?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:59 PM 09-16-2020
Yup. Those guys had some bad luck in college. His injury was worse, and he moreso would’ve had a totally different NFL career.

But Gore was even better before his IMO.
[Reply]
Shoes 03:47 PM 09-16-2020
The amount of times they slow-mo replayed McGahee's knee turning into a rubber band was insane. That injury is seared into my brain.
[Reply]
O.city 02:22 PM 09-16-2020
The Jets are awful and will likely fire sell it.

Flip them a 7th for him, he can come take 7 or 8 carries per game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:23 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Jets are awful and will likely fire sell it.

Flip them a 7th for him, he can come take 7 or 8 carries per game.
If Walter Payton were alive, I'm pretty sure you'd be asking Veach to give his agent a call.

"Hey, he retired as the all-time leader in catches for a runningback! He'd be a great short yardage and 3rd down option!"
[Reply]
O.city 02:24 PM 09-16-2020
If Walter Payton were alive, I'm pretty sure you'd be asking Veach to give his agent a call.

"Hey, he retired as the all-time leader in catches for a runningback! He'd be a great short yardage and 3rd down option!"
I'm just looking around the league for someone who could do it and woudln't be meh.

Plus Gore deserves a ring.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:29 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm just looking around the league for someone who could do it and woudln't be meh.

Plus Gore deserves a ring.
Gore's pretty much the living embodiment of 'meh'.

He's been under 4 YPC over his last 1,100 rushing attempts and he ain't getting younger.

I'm completely in favor of lousy teams continuing to feed him carries because I get a kick out of that dude still playing football after 20 years and a slew of significant injuries.

But I really don't see any skills there that Williams doesn't have. And as far as I can tell he's NEVER played in a real high-octane passing offense. A couple seasons under Pagano playing w/ Lucks' backups is as close as I can really see. And ultimately even when Luck was healthy, Pagano never ran a real exotic system.

I just don't see how he'd help at this point.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:46 PM 09-16-2020
But I really don't see any skills there that Williams doesn't have. And as far as I can tell he's NEVER played in a real high-octane passing offense. A couple seasons under Pagano playing w/ Lucks' backups is as close as I can really see. And ultimately even when Luck was healthy, Pagano never ran a real exotic system.

Well, Williams best 40 time was 4.72 while Gore was a 4.5 guy, so there's that.

I do not understand why anyone thinks anything of Darrel Williams. He's a slow, lumbering guy that isn't shifty or slippery nor has he shown any power for a man his size. If the guy was on the Raiders, Broncos or Chargers, there would be a good portion of Chiefs fans that would be laughing at the guy.

Can Andy win with Williams as his lead back? Sure, although for how long would be up for serious debate.

But this situation bears watching because unlike 2015 after Charles went down, the Chiefs do not have a sub 4.4 guy like Charcandrick West nor do they have a 225 pound slippery back with great vision and soft hands. That said, I do have more faith in Williams than I do in Darwin Award but that's like saying I've got a "Wish in one hand and shit in the other".

I just hope it doesn't get to that point because at this point in time, the only thing stopping the Chiefs from consecutive Super Bowl wins is depth at the running back position.
[Reply]
O.city 02:46 PM 09-16-2020
Gore's pretty much the living embodiment of 'meh'.

He's been under 4 YPC over his last 1,100 rushing attempts and he ain't getting younger.

I'm completely in favor of lousy teams continuing to feed him carries because I get a kick out of that dude still playing football after 20 years and a slew of significant injuries.

I'm fine with Williams, but they want a competent back up. There you go.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up