ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 238 of 301
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240241242248288 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:34 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
It's not about the stadium.
According to the article I read it has to do with money. Not sure how that's a downtown problem....
[Reply]
BWillie 11:51 PM 09-02-2019
2019 draft pick Jimmy Govern has already hit 2 HRs since being promoted to AAA from AZL Rookie ball where he led the league in OPS. Wtf

The Royals acquired Frank Swindel 2.0 from the Yankees, Ryan McBroom who has been destroying AAA but is 27.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:55 AM 09-03-2019
Arrowhead stays where it is, but I think baseball eventually moves to a downtown ballpark.

Improving and extending the streetcar/light rail is a key part of that. If the bottoms/river market/downtown/westport-plaza/Brookside/Waldo/south KC could all get connected via the streetcar, that would be a big boon, especially if there are some commuter lots on the periphery of the system for those who don’t live in those areas.

That gets easy access for a lot of young people who will turn out for a solid product, especially if it’s in the middle of a cool district with things to do before and after the game.

I think you also build the next stadium smaller (even if it’s a rebuild of the current K). I think that’s the next trend in baseball stadiums... less focus on cramming people in and more on making the experience better while you’re there.

I also get that as a stubborn city resident who is never moving to the godsforsaken suburbs, that shades my view of this. I have great memories at the K and it’s a great place to watch a game. Just a giant pain in the ass to get to from the west side of the city, especially from Olathe/southwest KC (where I used to work).
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:10 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Something tells me you probably wouldn't spring for the ~$15 round trip uber ride from the Plaza to DT on a frequent basis and I'm gonna go further on that limb to say you're going to be in a comfortable majority of people who will also make that decision.

Here's the best comparison to KC that I can be assed to look into. If Milwaukee can't see a clear positive fiscal impact on a downtown stadium then there's no fucking way KC can see one.

Many people spend that much each way any time they go out in the city.

I almost never drive anywhere when I go out, even on a weeknight.

I’m 37. People younger than me are even more aggressive about using ridesshares any time they go out and plan to have more than a drink or 2 with dinner. When weighed against the possibility of getting popped for DUI, it’s an easy, easy decision.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:25 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
How does that make me affraid of minorities? If that were the case dont think I'd live on the plaza bud.
:-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:26 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Arrowhead stays where it is, but I think baseball eventually moves to a downtown ballpark.

Improving and extending the streetcar/light rail is a key part of that. If the bottoms/river market/downtown/westport-plaza/Brookside/Waldo/south KC could all get connected via the streetcar, that would be a big boon, especially if there are some commuter lots on the periphery of the system for those who don’t live in those areas.

That gets easy access for a lot of young people who will turn out for a solid product, especially if it’s in the middle of a cool district with things to do before and after the game.

I think you also build the next stadium smaller (even if it’s a rebuild of the current K). I think that’s the next trend in baseball stadiums... less focus on cramming people in and more on making the experience better while you’re there.

I also get that as a stubborn city resident who is never moving to the godsforsaken suburbs, that shades my view of this. I have great memories at the K and it’s a great place to watch a game. Just a giant pain in the ass to get to from the west side of the city, especially from Olathe/southwest KC (where I used to work).

Nothing you wrote addressed the 40/debt service annually the new owners now have. I’m surprised you don’t realize MLB is simply a business deal. And those who run it make financial decisions only, not based on what urban milennials (who have no money anyway) prefer.
[Reply]
nychief 07:43 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Nothing you wrote addressed the 40/debt service annually the new owners now have. I’m surprised you don’t realize MLB is simply a business deal. And those who run it make financial decisions only, not based on what urban milennials (who have no money anyway) prefer.

I think speculating on the new ownership's debt is foolish, no? Until we see what this group is actually made up of. That being said, when was the last time a owner paid for the whole of a stadium? They strong arm the city to make it happen.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:55 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
I think speculating on the new ownership's debt is foolish, no? Until we see what this group is actually made up of. That being said, when was the last time a owner paid for the whole of a stadium? They strong arm the city to make it happen.
Not foolish at all. There will be debt and lots of it and you can be certain of it becasue it’s financially prudent. Even if you had $1B you’d still borrow the majority of this purchase.

Also, the LT avg contribution by ownership is like 23% of stadium funding. It will be 0% here, since the debt service.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:00 AM 09-03-2019

You keep assuming they’re financing the whole thing to get to that $40 million/year debt service total, right?

That seems very unlikely to me. I’ve heard a few things from someone who knows John Sherman well that Sherman’s group was the preferred buyer because it had the least amount of financing.

They’re going to pay SOME cash down. Sherman has around $400 million in assets he has to divest (Indians), so we’ll see where it goes.

Regardless, if a new stadium was built, the taxpayers are going to pick up most of the tab. I don’t think what ownership is willing to put in is a major contributor to WHERE it gets built in KC. Around the time the lease is up, it will be a decision of either building new or renovating existing.

Personally am fine either way. Just hope new construction, if it happens, goes downtown. And would personally be a high utilizer of the improved convenience.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:03 AM 09-03-2019
Not foolish at all. There will be debt and lots of it and you can be certain of it becasue it’s financially prudent. Even if you had $1B you’d still borrow the majority of this purchase.

Also, the LT avg contribution by ownership is like 23% of stadium funding. It will be 0% here, since the debt service.
I know this your new beat to death thing, but you do realize MLB doesn't allow you to buy a team with major debt service on the purchase.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:08 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I know this your new beat to death thing, but you do realize MLB doesn't allow you to buy a team with major debt service on the purchase.
Like the Marlins group borrowing 400M?
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:55 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
2019 draft pick Jimmy Govern has already hit 2 HRs since being promoted to AAA from AZL Rookie ball where he led the league in OPS. Wtf

The Royals acquired Frank Swindel 2.0 from the Yankees, Ryan McBroom who has been destroying AAA but is 27.
Jimmy's a 30th round draft pick too! Holy fuck! Do they ever do this? Promote a guy from AZL to AAA there first pro season? What's the end game here?

Duncan? PB? Anyone else? Can you guys stop arguing about our new owners finances and answer my fucking question?
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:57 AM 09-03-2019
Like the Marlins group borrowing 400M?
How much do they pay per year on that loan payment?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:58 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
How much do they pay per year on that loan payment?
Let me call their CPAs and ask them. Can I get back to you this week?
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:02 AM 09-03-2019
Let me call their CPAs and ask them. Can I get back to you this week?
Well fuck man, you keep throwing out this $40 mil/year number for the Royals and don't even know how much their loan is, but can't tell me how much the Marlins are paying a year and you know how much they had to borrow.
[Reply]
Page 238 of 301
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240241242248288 > Last »
Up