ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 366 of 386
« First < 266316356362363364365366 367368369370376 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:19 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
I mean...imagine from the age of 13, being in constant fear of being raped because you had a vagina and because you were a foreigner with no power. She had to basically at every turn show no weakness for fear of being taken for a ride by the people around her...literally. Jon had no such fears. His fear was death. Dany's fear was being a sex slave for the rest of her life. Who had it worse here?
I mean, sure.

But there are worse things than getting the D from Jason Mamoa. :-)

I shouldn't make light of rape, but she did fall in love with him.

Before the wedding, she didn't know anything like that would happen. Then she fell in love with him.

We can agree that they're different, but both horrible, no?

My point still stands, after all that noise, it's unreasonable to expect him to keep a rational state of mind.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:37 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I must say, that scene with Drogon after Jon ganks her is damned powerful television. I don't know what the CGI folks got paid, but it wasn't enough.
Loved how drogon reacted for sure. also him rising from the ashes facing Jon was incredible.

Edit.
[Reply]
Third Eye 09:07 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Loved how drogon reacted for sure. also him rising from the snow facing Jon was incredible.
Was that snow? I thought it was ash?
[Reply]
Rawlsian 09:14 PM 05-20-2019
I think it's ash
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:20 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Was that snow? I thought it was ash?
Yes you are correct...
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:21 PM 05-20-2019
@FoldableHuman: Say what you will about the #GameOfThronesFinale, the John Hughes homage was a bold choice to end on. https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/st...783296/video/1
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:31 PM 05-20-2019
New York(CNN Business) The final episode of "Game of Thrones" brought in a series record of 19.3 million viewers.

The finale, titled "The Iron Throne," broke the record set by last weekend's episode, "The Bells," for which 18.4 million viewers tuned in.

The viewership for "The Iron Throne" includes 13.6 million people who watched the episode on HBO at 9 p.m. Sunday night, making it the most-watched telecast in the network's history, according to HBO. The rest were viewers who watched an encore presentation, or who streamed the show with the HBO Go or HBO Now apps.

"Game of Thrones" numbers are pretty big by TV standards. For example, "The Big Bang Theory," one of TV's most popular sitcoms, nabbed 18 million viewers for its finale this week.

Season eight of the series is averaging 44.2 million viewers per episode when you account for delayed viewing.

The "Thrones" series finale, which capped off a story that was nine years in the making, was one of the most anticipated in television history.

Many critics and fans on social media saw the ending as a let down. As of Monday morning, the episode had a user rating of 4.8 out of 10 on IMDB and a 57% score on review site Rotten Tomatoes.

But not all saw it that way. The AV Club's Alex McLevy, for instance, found the finale to be a "pensive but simple meditation about stories."

"This hasn't been 'Game of Thrones'' finest season by any metric, yet it's far from the disaster some make it out to be," McLevy wrote
[Reply]
RunKC 09:44 PM 05-20-2019
Crazy

With 13.6 million live viewers, the Game Of Thrones finale would have ranked 71st among all NFL games in live viewership last season.

— Michael Mulvihill (@mulvihill79) May 20, 2019

[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:24 PM 05-20-2019
So many good ones here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/maisie_wi...939043329?s=12

A few of my favorites.

[Reply]
Setsuna 10:29 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I mean, sure.

But there are worse things than getting the D from Jason Mamoa. :-)

I shouldn't make light of rape, but she did fall in love with him.

Before the wedding, she didn't know anything like that would happen. Then she fell in love with him.

We can agree that they're different, but both horrible, no?

My point still stands, after all that noise, it's unreasonable to expect him to keep a rational state of mind.
After he died she was about to be gangraped by every male in that khalasar. Then when she went to where the khal's wives go to "retire", there were other khalasars there ready to rape her as well. You speak of one instance and I speak of multiple instances in the worst situations imaginable. But apples to oranges I guess.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:40 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:

But, seriously, a standard fantasy happy ending?
There are posters here who didn't find it a standard fantasy happy ending at all—but disappointing.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:21 AM 05-21-2019
I wonder how many of those millions canceled HBO right after.

They shouldn't. Good stuff is coming. But I'm guessing a lot probably did. This show ending has to give the network gigantic anxiety.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:34 AM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
There are posters here who didn't find it a standard fantasy happy ending at all—but disappointing.
I can understand why they wouldn't, but since the Starks have been the main protagonists since the get-go, I find it hard to see that ending as anything but 'the good guys won'.

As I said probably weeks back by now - didn't occur to me watching yesterday - but it would have been exactly how a typical traditional fantasy story would have ended if this was based on a short-term literary work, like a trilogy, and season 8 was, let's say, only season 4 or 5, and anything that happened in the actual 4th through 7th seasons that were broadcast had never occurred. It was basically what anybody who stopped watching after the Red Wedding would have wanted - Stark revenge! and then they take over Westeros - and there was nothing else, no journeys, no character growth, none of the stuff that happened during the later broadcast seasons, much of which was reneged upon anyway.

Another reason why I find it difficult to believe this ending is Martin's. That is to say some of the characters may end up in the same places, but we'll at least understand how they get there. It might actually be believable. Like Bran becoming King, if that's actually a thing.
[Reply]
Bump 01:44 AM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I wonder how many of those millions canceled HBO right after.

They shouldn't. Good stuff is coming. But I'm guessing a lot probably did. This show ending has to give the network gigantic anxiety.
I'll probably keep it another month or two and see, I might even rewatch GOT which would take a while.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:19 AM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
I'll probably keep it another month or two and see, I might even rewatch GOT which would take a while.
You can probably get the entire series free from DVD from your library. I didn't have HBO until Season 7 where I watched it on HBOGO because the last Season wasn't available at mine yet.

Turns out I like HBOGo too much to give it up.
[Reply]
Page 366 of 386
« First < 266316356362363364365366 367368369370376 > Last »
Up