ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 276 of 386
« First < 176226266272273274275276 277278279280286326376 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
crazycoffey 11:32 PM 05-05-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Quickscoped the fuck out of that dragon from behind the rocks. Daenerys is so goddamned stupid she can't see roughly 10 pirate ships that have enough sight to rapid fire her dragon to death.
She was blinded by the sight of KL
[Reply]
crazycoffey 11:37 PM 05-05-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Sansa is a stupid fucking bitch.

Theon betrayed Robb and captured Winterfell from her family, but that's all cool.

Daenerys saves Jons life and puts her conquest on hold to protect Winterfell and all the ungrateful bitches inside from the Night King, sacrificing a lot of her armies and a dragon to do so, but she's "not one of them."

Fuck off, Sansa.
Theon also saved Sansa from Ramsey, they connected through the pain he put on them both. Fuck, did some of you even watch all the episodes?
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:51 PM 05-05-2019
My brother pointed out one of the problems with the later seasons is that the villains simply win until they don't. They suffer no setbacks or defeats until it is time for the heroes to defeat them.
[Reply]
Setsuna 12:19 AM 05-06-2019
:-) :-) :-) This trainwreck is glorious :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
kcpasco 12:39 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Yep. GRRM deserves this.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:42 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Which one of you sonsabeetches shit in Tormund's pants?
Best line of the episode.
[Reply]
kcpasco 12:45 AM 05-06-2019
This show is going to shit on every characters story arc. It went from maybe the best tv show of all time to complete disaster in 1 final season. LOL

I wish the fucking NK would have won instead of this garbage.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 12:52 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
This show is going to shit on every characters story arc. It went from maybe the best tv show of all time to complete disaster in 1 final season. LOL
Nah. This season is doing the last 6 justice so far. Potentially top 3 season material, most you cunts just can’t get past not having books to fall back on or it not going exactly how you’d have done it.

Two years of guessing how this season plays out has spoiled your outlook. If you’ve watched every season at least twice and really paid attention to more than the tits and violence, you’d agree.
[Reply]
kcpasco 12:56 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Nah. This season is doing the last 6 justice so far. Potentially top 3 season material, most you ****s just can’t get past not having books to fall back on or it not going exactly how you’d have done it.

Two years of guessing how this season plays out has spoiled your outlook. If you’ve watched every season at least twice and really paid attention to more than the tits and violence, you’d agree.
It’s setting up to be a Jon vs. Dany pissing contest. Such a creative ending to a once great show.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 12:57 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
It really is.

It's become absolutely horrific and I can't turn away.
[Reply]
kcpasco 01:04 AM 05-06-2019
Nah. This season is doing the last 6 justice so far. Potentially top 3 season material, most you ****s just can’t get past not having books to fall back on or it not going exactly how you’d have done it.

I’ve liked the show even without source material up until episode 3 of this season. It’s apparent now that D&D just wanted to end this show and they didn’t care if they murdered the story to achieve that.
[Reply]
kcpasco 01:05 AM 05-06-2019
Fuck it. I hope Cersei wins.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:35 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Best line of the episode.
I'd go with being heartbroken over Brienne...for about two seconds.. :-)

Clegane had some good stuff, too.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:49 AM 05-06-2019

I've seen every season except for 7 at least three times, and that one I've seen twice. While I love the books, I haven't read them in at least 4 years, and probably more. And I won't read then again until I know the next book is coming out.
My focus since the show started has been the show.

This season I've seen the first 3 episodes 3 times each. I think the 2nd episode was the best one in years, and I enjoyed the Battle a lot more then other people evidently did. Tonight's episode I enjoyed until everyone left Winterfell.

And there it fell apart. It's not because Missandei died. I predicted her death weeks ago. Everybody knew it was coming for her or Grey Worm. That's not the issue. The problem is how she died (completely stupidly, all of it, from the moment Rhegar was killed until she was...) and why she died (so Dany would have a reason to go batshit crazy - that was the ONLY reason).

That entire last half hour was a complete left turn. It's like they realized they only have three hours left and 'oh shit, we better get all the pieces in place! let's throw out some random shit!'

And knowing where it's going after this point - unless what's leaked is completely false (oh please Lord...) - is just more of the same stupid, shit. Seven seasons of plotlines they can't wrap up, so they just flip the table over instead.

I hope it works better than I think it will. I hope it works better than it did tonight.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 02:07 AM 05-06-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I've seen every season except for 7 at least three times, and that one I've seen twice. While I love the books, I haven't read them in at least 4 years, and probably more. And I won't read then again until I know the next book is coming out.
My focus since the show started has been the show.

This season I've seen the first 3 episodes 3 times each. I think the 2nd episode was the best one in years, and I enjoyed the Battle a lot more then other people evidently did. Tonight's episode I enjoyed until everyone left Winterfell.

And there it fell apart. It's not because Missandei died. I predicted her death weeks ago. Everybody knew it was coming for her or Grey Worm. That's not the issue. The problem is how she died (completely stupidly, all of it, from the moment Rhegar was killed until she was...) and why she died (so Dany would have a reason to go batshit crazy - that was the ONLY reason).

That entire last half hour was a complete left turn. It's like they realized they only have three hours left and 'oh shit, we better get all the pieces in place! let's throw out some random shit!'

And knowing where it's going after this point - unless what's leaked is completely false (oh please Lord...) - is just more of the same stupid, shit. Seven seasons of plotlines they can't wrap up, so they just flip the table over instead.

I hope it works better than I think it will. I hope it works better than it did tonight.
This doesn’t sound like an overall disagreement to my thoughts.
[Reply]
Page 276 of 386
« First < 176226266272273274275276 277278279280286326376 > Last »
Up