ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 422 of 663
« First < 322372412418419420421422 423424425426432472522 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 06:41 PM 04-22-2016
I'm at the airport with my son, waiting for our flight to Vegas to watch 197. Pretty pumped to be doing this with him!
[Reply]
New World Order 06:45 PM 04-22-2016
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
I'm at the airport with my son, waiting for our flight to Vegas to watch 197. Pretty pumped to be doing this with him!

Hope you have fun man.
[Reply]
ZootedGranny 08:46 PM 04-22-2016
Ben Henderson getting absolutely handled by Koreshkov in Bellator.

He ate some heavy shots and kept coming, but was a weight class too small and couldn't do much of anything. He should go back to 155.
[Reply]
TimBone 08:57 PM 04-22-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
And FTR I can see where he's coming from somewhat.
Somewhat, I guess. But he has to realize that if he wants to be great, this is part of it.

All of the greats found time to train AND promote.

Why is it so difficult for him.
[Reply]
TimBone 08:57 PM 04-22-2016
I think he just knows he's about to get that ass spanked again.
[Reply]
TimBone 08:58 PM 04-22-2016
Originally Posted by ZootedGranny:
Ben Henderson getting absolutely handled by Koreshkov in Bellator.
Yep. I knew he was in trouble as soon as I saw the size differential and reach advantage. He was the favorite in this fight based solely on name recognition.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:59 PM 04-22-2016
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Going up two classes?
[Reply]
TimBone 09:00 PM 04-22-2016
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Going up two classes?
This was his decision...he asked for the rematch, IIRC.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:02 PM 04-22-2016
This was his decision...he asked for the rematch, IIRC.
I'm not sure if he asked for it or not, but what does that have to do with it?
[Reply]
TimBone 09:04 PM 04-22-2016
I'm not sure if he asked for it or not, but what does that have to do with it?
Because he knew how it works when he agreed to the fight.

If he didn't think he could find the time to properly train for a fight of this kind while also meeting his media obligations, then he shouldn't have agreed to it.

He's not the first fighter to move up weight classes for a fight.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:11 PM 04-22-2016
Because he knew how it works when he agreed to the fight.

If he didn't think he could find the time to properly train for a fight of this kind while also meeting his media obligations, then he shouldn't have agreed to it.

He's not the first fighter to move up weight classes for a fight.
You asked why it was more difficult. He's training to fight with 25 more lbs to carry around. That's clearly more difficult than your typical training.

Regardless, its a stupid rematch to begin with and I can't believe the UFC was thinking about delaying a featherweight title fight for a fight that means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. That's pretty disrespectful to guys like Edgar who don't have anything on the table and now he's going to fight Aldo for an interim belt when the champ isn't even injured.
[Reply]
TimBone 09:14 PM 04-22-2016
You asked why it was more difficult. He's training to fight with 25 more lbs to carry around. That's clearly more difficult than your typical training.

Regardless, its a stupid rematch to begin with and I can't believe the UFC was thinking about delaying a featherweight title fight for a fight that means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. That's pretty disrespectful to guys like Edgar who don't have anything on the table and now he's going to fight Aldo for an interim belt when the champ isn't even injured.
I completely agree with your second paragraph. Completely.

As for your first, like I said, he knew the deal going in....and let's not act like he's the first fighter to ever move up weight classes. If he didn't think he could do it AND meet his media obligations (which were obviously going to be ramped up even more for a card like 200), then he shouldn't have signed the fight contract. That's just the way the game is played.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:26 AM 04-23-2016
Somewhat, I guess. But he has to realize that if he wants to be great, this is part of it.

All of the greats found time to train AND promote.

Sounds like he was willing to promote, he just didn't want a three city drawn out ordeal. He told then he would chief to nyc for the big presser
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:27 AM 04-23-2016
I completely agree with your second paragraph. Completely.

As for your first, like I said, he knew the deal going in....and let's not act like he's the first fighter to ever move up weight classes. If he didn't think he could do it AND meet his media obligations (which were obviously going to be ramped up even more for a card like 200), then he shouldn't have signed the fight contract. That's just the way the game is played.
he insisted on the rematch being st the same weight.
[Reply]
alnorth 10:37 AM 04-23-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Sounds like he was willing to promote, he just didn't want a three city drawn out ordeal. He told then he would chief to nyc for the big presser
Sounds like a pretty lame excuse. Its just a few days on a private jet with the fight 3 months away, and if he's already willing to fly to NY and back from iceland, thats a chunk of the travel right there.
[Reply]
Page 422 of 663
« First < 322372412418419420421422 423424425426432472522 > Last »
Up