ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 68
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Photo Geek Thread: Photos You Take - Post Them Up!
|Zach| 02:02 AM 01-18-2010
Interesting places or people? Randomness? Post it here.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 10:55 PM 05-30-2013
Not mine, but amazing.

[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 05:36 AM 06-19-2013
Just took this shot.

[Reply]
Dave Lane 06:22 AM 06-19-2013
One I just took

[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 06:32 AM 06-19-2013
Originally Posted by Dave Lane:
One I just took

Wow, that's just incredible, way to 1 up my one haha.
[Reply]
Fish 08:14 AM 06-19-2013
One I just took

Wow dude. Incredible. May I post that on Facebook?
[Reply]
Dave Lane 08:20 AM 06-19-2013
Originally Posted by Fish:
Wow dude. Incredible. May I post that on Facebook?
Sure Fish go ahead...
[Reply]
Dave Lane 08:24 AM 06-19-2013
And for a little context if you want to add it. Its the Milky Way over the Delicate Arch in Moab Utah. It shows two late night rock climbers and the Summer Triangle overhead: Vega, Altair and Deneb.

The summer triangle are the 3 spiked stars middle left, Vega very high at the edge Altair down and to the right below the Milky Way and Deneb in the Milky Way to the Left with the North America Nebula and the Pelican Nebula visible next to it.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:44 AM 06-19-2013
And for a little context if you want to add it. Its the Milky Way over the Delicate Arch in Moab Utah. It shows two late night rock climbers and the Summer Triangle overhead: Vega, Altair and Deneb.

The summer triangle are the 3 spiked stars middle left, Vega very high at the edge Altair down and to the right below the Milky Way and Deneb in the Milky Way to the Left with the North America Nebula and the Pelican Nebula visible next to it.
Is that what it actually looks like with the naked eye or does it take a special camera set up to get that image out?
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:51 AM 06-19-2013

That is simply awesome. I've made the hike to Delicate Arch a couple of times and I'm curious. Where did you take that photo from? And where is the light source on the arch coming from?
[Reply]
Dave Lane 09:03 AM 06-19-2013
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Is that what it actually looks like with the naked eye or does it take a special camera set up to get that image out?
This is a composite of 28 photos that were 30 seconds each, so yes and no. You wouldn't get the detail or the color but if you took the picture down to just black and white it would look very similar,
[Reply]
Dave Lane 09:04 AM 06-19-2013
The actual picture is 3 terrabytes in size and about 14000 pixels wide.
[Reply]
Fish 09:04 AM 06-19-2013
The actual picture is 3 terrabytes in size and about 14000 pixels wide.
:-)

Damn.......
[Reply]
Dave Lane 09:07 AM 06-19-2013
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
That is simply awesome. I've made the hike to Delicate Arch a couple of times and I'm curious. Where did you take that photo from? And where is the light source on the arch coming from?
The picture was on the "rim" if you know what I mean and the light was from various flashlights people were shining on the arch. I picked a picture that had it illuminated pretty well. I also had another camera laying on the ground in front of the arch just out of view of this picture doing a time lapse and capturing a picture of the milky way running directly thru the arch.

And let me tell you lugging 250 lbs of equipment up that trail in 97 degrees temperatures damn near killed me.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 06-19-2013, 09:11 AM
This message has been deleted by Dave Lane. Reason: dumb
Dartgod 09:23 AM 06-19-2013
The picture was on the "rim" if you know what I mean and the light was from various flashlights people were shining on the arch. I picked a picture that had it illuminated pretty well. I also had another camera laying on the ground in front of the arch just out of view of this picture doing a time lapse and capturing a picture of the milky way running directly thru the arch.

And let me tell you lugging 250 lbs of equipment up that trail in 97 degrees temperatures damn near killed me.
I know where you are talking about, I believe.

The first time we hiked it was in September, so it wasn't too hot. Last year we did it at the end of June, mid-day. That long stretch up the solid rock nearly killed me too. I can't imagine carrying a bunch of extra weight.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:30 AM 06-19-2013

Do you take these photos for a living? Or for side money?
[Reply]
Page 43 of 68
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up