ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 30
« First < 182425262728 2930 >
Media Center>Fargo: TV Series on FX
Pasta Little Brioni 10:23 PM 04-15-2014
Anyone tune in tonight?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 05:04 PM 12-02-2020
Watched season 4 (good, but not great), but haven't seen the previous seasons. I'm told season 2 is excellent.
Can I really just skip season 1 and watch season 2 without missing anything?
[Reply]
Sorter 06:38 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Watched season 4 (good, but not great), but haven't seen the previous seasons. I'm told season 2 is excellent.
Can I really just skip season 1 and watch season 2 without missing anything?
Yes but season one is well worth a watch. Season 4 had a ton of potential and was awful, IMO (likely due to the high standards from the first two seasons).
[Reply]
Gadzooks 04:14 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Don't forget to watch thru the credits to see a little scene connecting season 4 and season 2. I didn't realize they were the same character. I'm an idiot
I'm guessing that was the surprise "twist" to the ending. Odd timing for a weak reveal. The wife and and were about to turn it off.

On a side note, What was with all the ghosts throughout the season? or, The aliens in season 2?
[Reply]
Gadzooks 04:20 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Sorter:
Yes but season one is well worth a watch. Season 4 had a ton of potential and was awful, IMO (likely due to the high standards from the first two seasons).
I'd order from best to worst:
2, 1, 4, 3

Ewan McGregor was horrifyingly bad in season 3. He almost made it unwatchable.
[Reply]
Bwana 11:18 AM 12-03-2020
I have watched every episode of every season and I kept waiting for it to pick up in season 4, it never happened.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:03 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I have watched every episode of every season and I kept waiting for it to pick up in season 4, it never happened.
Yeah it was pretty bad. Many episodes had nothing happen.
[Reply]
eDave 05:14 PM 12-05-2020
Cliche murder of Rock at the end bummed me out. Same shit with Boardwalk Empire.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:42 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Cliche murder of Rock at the end bummed me out. Same shit with Boardwalk Empire.
I'm so glad I didn't give even one thought to watching this season because the premise was absolutely ludicrous.
[Reply]
eDave 07:40 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'm so glad I didn't give even one thought to watching this season because the premise was absolutely ludicrous.
Some character, far removed from the overall story arc, comes back for the revenge kill. Augh.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:47 PM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Some character, far removed from the overall story arc, comes back for the revenge kill. Augh.
The Kansas City mafia would have wiped out any rivals overnight.

They were absolutely brutal and ran the city with an iron fist during the 30's through the late 80's.

They were still around in the 90's, mainly via strip clubs, liquor and bars but their influence and power began seriously waning by the late 90's.

By that time, all the Old School Bosses, Capos and soldiers were either dead or imprisoned.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:52 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Kansas City mafia would have wiped out any rivals overnight.

They were absolutely brutal and ran the city with an iron fist during the 30's through the late 80's.

They were still around in the 90's, mainly via strip clubs, liquor and bars but their influence and power began seriously waning by the late 90's.

By that time, all the Old School Bosses, Capos and soldiers were either dead or imprisoned.
I was working in the Truman ER circa early 90's. We had a policy of no questions asked about knife and gunshot wounds that were life threatening. Worked on several gangsters. Some had multiple body guards that looked like a SNL skit on gangsters.
They were very serious dudes. They all had the vibe about them that they had killed people and wouldn't hesitate to kill someone else. Gave off a serious vibe of we are dangerous men, don't **** with us.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:14 AM 12-09-2020
It was a mildly interesting narrative that the Bank did the same thing to Loy via Credit Cards that the NY family did to him via their power structuring agreement.

And in case you missed it, the guy who executed Josto and Orietta out in the field was Joe Bulo, who was the fixer who came up to Fargo to parlay with the Gerhart family, played by Brad Garrett.
[Reply]
olout 12-21-2020, 11:54 AM
This message has been deleted by DaFace. Reason: spam
DeepPurple 09:53 AM 12-22-2020
I don't see how anyone can say that Season 1 wasn't the best, it was so much better, I couldn't wait each week to see my DVR recording. I had recently watched Season 1 & 2 of the British version of the Office and it was neat to see Martin Freeman (Jim character) in this show and he was also Watson on the British Sherlock, which was an outstanding show. I didn't know Freeman was also a star of Lord of the Rings. Billy Bob Thornton has had so many great roles and as the hitman this was one of his best parts yet. Here's the ER scene at the beginning when the two meet and their small talk conversation starts the whole series of events that follow for ten episodes. I could watch it again right now, in fact I think I will.

[Reply]
Why Not? 05:26 AM 12-29-2020
Season one was epic and one of the best television shows ever created. Season two was not quite as good, but really good.

I thought this season was okay. Ending seemed almost a little GOTish in the sense that it seemed rush and loosely tied up. Liked the reveal at the end but knew it was coming, as any fan of the whole series did. Overall B-/C+. Better than the solid C for season three.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:25 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Sorter:
Finished season 2, and yes, it is much better than 4.
Watched the first two eps of season 1, which is apparently technically a sequel of season 2. Pretty good so far.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 30
« First < 182425262728 2930 >
Up