ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 324
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131181 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:48 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Did Hootie change the name on his old account to The Franchise?
That's Pest. ( I think )
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:50 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
That's Pest. ( I think )
It is.

And threebag is still a worthless poster.
[Reply]
O.city 10:51 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
he was wide 9 there which is the same as what he's been doing in KC for the most part.
Would like to hear your thoughts on the new changes being made and personnel etc
[Reply]
RunKC 11:05 AM 01-28-2019
It probably won’t happen bc we paid Hitchens a shit load of money already, but man would I be rock hard if we got Anthony Barr.

That guy is a goddamn stud. Perfect LB for a 4-3.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:07 AM 01-28-2019
I just don't think there is any reason to restructure Houston's deal. We don't gain enough in cap space to make it worth the pain its going to cause in 2020, you know the year we are going to have to pay our young super star QB...

I feel the same about cutting Sorenson. Cutting him to gain 2.6 million in cap space so that we have to turn about and spend that or more on the same position is just stupid. Ride it out. Hell we need bodies (depth) at the position anyway.

Honestly finding a way to get something in return for Ford would be HUGE, not only would be gain picks (2nd rounder at a minimum) but not having to tie up 15 million allows us to go get someone in free agency.
[Reply]
FAX 11:13 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
You're only allowed 1 June first cut IIRC.

They'll probably cut those guys for sure, but they've got a lot of guys coming due for sure.

Plus I'm guessing jerry pays Dak like a legit franchise QB which is gonna suck up a bunch of space.
Did they change the rule, Mr. O.city? I thought teams were limited to 2 (two) post-June 1 cuts. These are the cuts that allow the team to amortize the cap hit over two years (rather than one).

That was the prior rule, at least.

FAX
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:19 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I just don't think there is any reason to restructure Houston's deal. We don't gain enough in cap space to make it worth the pain its going to cause in 2020, you know the year we are going to have to pay our young super star QB...

I feel the same about cutting Sorenson. Cutting him to gain 2.6 million in cap space so that we have to turn about and spend that or more on the same position is just stupid. Ride it out. Hell we need bodies (depth) at the position anyway.

Honestly finding a way to get something in return for Ford would be HUGE, not only would be gain picks (2nd rounder at a minimum) but not having to tie up 15 million allows us to go get someone in free agency.
Restructuring makes sense if it's an extension. And if we want him to retire as a chief. Two things we may be less certain about now that we're changing schemes. If you're ok with paying him that big money now then why not just use that money to frontload his next contract. Or if you don't want the cap hit then change the $17m to bonus. Depends on if we want to frontload or backload.
[Reply]
O.city 11:20 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It probably won’t happen bc we paid Hitchens a shit load of money already, but man would I be rock hard if we got Anthony Barr.

That guy is a goddamn stud. Perfect LB for a 4-3.
I'm just not excited to be paying 2 offball linebackers that much money
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:23 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm just not excited to be paying 2 offball linebackers that much money
Then draft some better ones. This is on Veach to fix.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:33 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
You have to account for who they are going to cut June 1st too....

I could see them cutting the following realistically.

La'el Collins 6.5 Million Cap Savings
Sean Lee 7.0 Million Cap Savings
Tyrone Crawford 5.9 Million Cap Savings
Allen Hurns 5.0 Million Cap Savings
Terrance Williams 2.0 Million Cap Savings

Add that to their 54 Million in Cap Space, that would be 80 Million in Cap Space.

Cowboys are sitting pretty good.
The great thing about being a chiefs fan...
Dallas can stack the deck all they want. But they're stuck with investing in a qb who probably just won't be good enough. They'll have to stack one hell of a deck to win around Dak.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:36 AM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
What about this..

-We are stuck with Berry. Nothing we can do this year.

-Restructure Houston’s pro rated money to drop the cap hit to $15.5 million.

-Trade Ford to the Packers for a 2nd and 4th.

—Ford isn’t Mack and has injury history. I’d take a 2nd and recoup our 4th. I think that’s realistic.

-Cut Sorenson.

-Trade a 2nd rd pick for Xhavier Rhodes, Jalen Ramsey or Patrick Peterson (whoever the fuck it is you like).

-Extend Jordan Lucas to a fair lower tier deal (next year is a contract year for him).

-Sign one of Tyreek or Chris Jones. Low cap hit 2019.

-Use 4 picks in the top 100 to find good players in a damn good defensive class.

You’re hired, Mr. Veach!

Just make sure you know how to correctly spell Derrick Nnadi, please
[Reply]
O.city 12:18 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Then draft some better ones. This is on Veach to fix.
I think it's probably easier now with the 43 than it was before, but they do need one in the middle.

I'm just not a fan paying that much for a position that isn't that impactful .
[Reply]
Hoover 02:09 PM 01-28-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Restructuring makes sense if it's an extension. And if we want him to retire as a chief. Two things we may be less certain about now that we're changing schemes. If you're ok with paying him that big money now then why not just use that money to frontload his next contract. Or if you don't want the cap hit then change the $17m to bonus. Depends on if we want to frontload or backload.
You're paying Peter to rob Paul.

Extending Houston, who is 30, is on the back side of his career. I think we have seen his best years. Now I think he could have a nice year next season, which is why I'm willing to keep and pay him, but extending him for multiple years to free up a few million dollars in cap space will look bad sooner than you think.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:10 PM 01-28-2019
Restructure.....not extend.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:41 PM 01-28-2019
How do you save money against the cap if you are not extending him?
[Reply]
Page 81 of 324
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131181 > Last »
Up