ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 446 of 1208
« First < 346396436442443444445446 447448449450456496546946 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
scho63 10:18 AM 02-25-2017
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Do we live in a glorious time or what? We can sample the best of every cuisine without leaving town. We we have better access to ingredients than kings 200 years ago.
Hear ye' hear ye' !!! :-):-):-):-)

I grew up in NY-NJ-Philly tri-state area 1963 until 1996, I moved to San Fran and Silicon Valley for 5 years, Downtown Toronto for 1 year, and now Northern VA-DC area for the last 10 years.

I have had access to the greatest variety of food anyone could possible ask for and as a foodie, it's orgasmic! :-)
[Reply]
scho63 10:21 AM 02-25-2017
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Hey Scho, I ordered this, had it as pork instead of veal, and it was really good. Thanks for the recommendation.
Did you get the spaetzle or potatoes? I love spaetzle. My German heritage grandmother made it from scratch as a kid. Several of her sisters lived in Lancaster PA in Dutch country.

Pot roasts, stews, egg noodles, homemade chicken soup, apple fritter pancakes, great Christmas cookies. Oh boy do I miss that wonderful time of my life. :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:31 AM 02-25-2017
No monkey brains, spider?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:15 PM 02-25-2017
Skillet lasagna and garlic bread.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:35 PM 02-25-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Spaghettios and Toast
Trying to woo Buzz here?
[Reply]
In58men 02-25-2017, 12:38 PM
This message has been deleted by In58men.
In58men 12:40 PM 02-25-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Skillet lasagna and garlic bread.

Looks incredible, I'm assuming that's béchamel on top? If so, I'm super jelly.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:01 PM 02-25-2017
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
Fromage frais salé au caillé petit.
[Reply]
In58men 01:03 PM 02-25-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Fromage cottage au caillé petit.
Lol wut
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:08 PM 02-25-2017
Originally Posted by Inmem58:

Whole milk ricotta. When I do my full-on lasagna, I use béchamel. This only took about 45 minutes.
[Reply]
Buzz 03:41 PM 02-25-2017
Last nights bacon cheeseburger and fries.

Attached: 20170224_214041.jpg (84.5 KB) 
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:35 PM 02-25-2017
Today I made one of my favorite winter comfort foods. Crock pot beef stew. Here's what you do: Get about a pound and a half of quality stew meat. Put some flour, black pepper and old bay in a plastic baggie. Coat the meat in flour mixture, dust off the extra. Put a skillet on the stove with some olive oil med high heat. Brown the beef, just till its brown on all sides, chuck it into the crock pot. 1 can drained white sliced potatoes, 1 can drained sliced carrots, 1 can drained button mushrooms, a couple dashes of worchestestesteshire sauce (did I spell that right?) a few jalapeno pepper rings (just a few), a packet of beef stew seasoning and 12 OZ can (like a soda can size) of V8. Let it crock all day. Everything gets super tender, beef flavor is great, not too spicy. Serve over rice or with biscuits and butter. If you don't like V8 you can use beef broth. You can also put a little red wine in the mix if so inclined. It's easy, freezes well if you have extra left over, is relatively cheap to make (less than ten bucks) and is great on a cold day like today.
[Reply]
scho63 04:59 PM 02-25-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Last nights bacon cheeseburger and fries.

Those fries look SUPER crispy and delicious. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 05:00 PM 02-25-2017
Today I made one of my favorite winter comfort foods. Crock pot beef stew.
Where's the photos? You're no NooB around here! :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:08 PM 02-25-2017
Today I made one of my favorite winter comfort foods. Crock pot beef stew. Here's what you do: Get about a pound and a half of quality stew meat. Put some flour, black pepper and old bay in a plastic baggie. Coat the meat in flower mixture, dust off the extra. Put a skillet on the stove with some olive oil med high heat. Brown the beef, just till its brown on all sides, chuck it into the crock pot. 1 can drained white sliced potatoes, 1 can drained sliced carrots, 1 can drained button mushrooms, a couple dashes of worchestestesteshire sauce (did I spell that right?) a few jalapeno pepper rings (just a few), a packet of beef stew seasoning and 16 OZ can (like a soda can size) of V8. Let it crock all day. Everything gets super tender, beef flavor is great, not too spicy. Serve over rice or with biscuits and butter. If you don't like V8 you can use beef broth. You can also put a little red wine in the mix if so inclined. It's easy, freezes well if you have extra left over, is relatively cheap to make (less than ten bucks) and is great on a cold day like today.

Its cold and windy here today, that sounds perfect

I'm going All-American though, burgers on the grill with lettuce, onion, tomato, American cheese... a little ketchup, a little mayo and tots on the side
[Reply]
Nickhead 05:15 PM 02-25-2017
Today I made one of my favorite winter comfort foods. Crock pot beef stew. Here's what you do: Get about a pound and a half of quality stew meat. Put some flour, black pepper and old bay in a plastic baggie. Coat the meat in flower mixture, dust off the extra. Put a skillet on the stove with some olive oil med high heat. Brown the beef, just till its brown on all sides, chuck it into the crock pot. 1 can drained white sliced potatoes, 1 can drained sliced carrots, 1 can drained button mushrooms, a couple dashes of worchestestesteshire sauce (did I spell that right?) a few jalapeno pepper rings (just a few), a packet of beef stew seasoning and 16 OZ can (like a soda can size) of V8. Let it crock all day. Everything gets super tender, beef flavor is great, not too spicy. Serve over rice or with biscuits and butter. If you don't like V8 you can use beef broth. You can also put a little red wine in the mix if so inclined. It's easy, freezes well if you have extra left over, is relatively cheap to make (less than ten bucks) and is great on a cold day like today.
back in the day this would have sufficed me. but i now refuse to use any canned vegetables for anything. i will do frozen veggies, but only in things like my cream of mushroom and thyme chicken and rice. i think i posted my irish stew ingredients a page or two back :-)
[Reply]
Page 446 of 1208
« First < 346396436442443444445446 447448449450456496546946 > Last »
Up