ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 126
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
Aries Walker 05:04 PM 02-06-2014
Joaquin's performance as Commodus tells me he would have made a cracking Lex Luthor. Pity.

DC should stick to TV shows. They do TV shows much better. NBC would kill to air a Batman, Superman, or Justice League show.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:13 PM 02-06-2014
This could be a clusterfuck movie....Affleck i was like ok i'll give him a chance but Eisenberg just seems way off
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:05 PM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
Joaquin's performance as Commodus tells me he would have made a cracking Lex Luthor. Pity.

DC should stick to TV shows. They do TV shows much better. NBC would kill to air a Batman, Superman, or Justice League show.
One has forgotten the 90s Flash and the 00s Birds of Prey methinks.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 08:15 PM 02-06-2014
Birds of Prey was sabotaged from the beginning; if WB had supported it - either with money or by allowing them to reference canon materials without fear that it would sap interest in potential future Batman movies - it would have been as good as, say, Smallville. It also had a ridiculously small budget.

Same with 90's Flash. They did stupid things, like re-imagining his Rogue's Gallery of villains a little too much (David Cassidy as Mirror Master!), and by the time they realized, it was too late. (Bonus fact: A friend of mine played Iris West in the pilot. Cool.)

Also, don't forget Lois and Clark, which was both good and popular, for twice as long as Birds of Prey and The Flash combined. And if you really want to delve into the archives, there's The Adventures of Superman, Batman ('66, and which had a shared universe with The Green Hornet four decades before what would become the Avengers movies), and Shazam, hits all.

And there's Arrow now. They can do TV.
[Reply]
007 08:21 PM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
Birds of Prey was sabotaged from the beginning; if WB had supported it - either with money or by allowing them to reference canon materials without fear that it would sap interest in potential future Batman movies - it would have been as good as, say, Smallville. It also had a ridiculously small budget.

Same with 90's Flash. They did stupid things, like re-imagining his Rogue's Gallery of villains a little too much (David Cassidy as Mirror Master!), and by the time they realized, it was too late. (Bonus fact: A friend of mine played Iris West in the pilot. Cool.)

Also, don't forget Lois and Clark, which was both good and popular, for twice as long as Birds of Prey and The Flash combined. And if you really want to delve into the archives, there's The Adventures of Superman, Batman ('66, and which had a shared universe with The Green Hornet four decades before what would become the Avengers movies), and Shazam, hits all.

And there's Arrow now. They can do TV.

[Reply]
Psyko Tek 08:32 PM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
They can do a Batman Beyond thing with Grampa Affleck mentoring the "new" Batman. Which might be good because it would be a new kind of dynamic after, what 2.5 decades of Batman on film? It'll all depend on what happens with Justice League, which is what this movie's really setting up anyway.
ot liking that take, I did like batman beyond
but
Bruce Wayne IS Batman
[Reply]
Psyko Tek 08:36 PM 02-06-2014
the more "new" characters they cram into a movie the more it will such

I agree Luther IS supes' main villian should have got his own movie in the reboot
and yeah they are using this for Justice League origin story
[Reply]
Aries Walker 09:18 PM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by Guru:
That was the 70's, baby.
[Reply]
GordonGekko 09:43 PM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
I'm starting to think we're almost setting it up for all being wrong, and he'll end up doing a fantastic job. Murphy's Law
Yeah. Didn't people hate Heath Ledger as the choice for Joker when it was announced?

Although I'm still going to be a skeptic, I did enjoy Social Network and Zombieland though. Haven't seen his other stuff.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:04 PM 02-06-2014
Originally Posted by Psyko Tek:
the more "new" characters they cram into a movie the more it will such

I agree Luther IS supes' main villian should have got his own movie in the reboot
and yeah they are using this for Justice League origin story
Aside from Lex and Wayne, who both have large roles (some interesting stuff about Luthor's purported origin online today....), everybody else that's been mentioned could just be a cameo. Just because Diana Prince is in the movie, for example, it doesn't mean she has a significant role.
[Reply]
007 12:35 AM 02-07-2014
Aside from Lex and Wayne, who both have large roles (some interesting stuff about Luthor's purported origin online today....), everybody else that's been mentioned could just be a cameo. Just because Diana Prince is in the movie, for example, it doesn't mean she has a significant role.
But the anger is over the actor they got to portray her. Doesn't matter if she only has a couple minutes of screen time if person just doesn't fit.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:23 AM 02-07-2014
That's just it though. Cameos are retarded unless they're in the end of the movie and you're setting up another one.

Hawkeye in the first Thor movie? Fucking stupid. Dipshit doesn't even do anything....just stands up there. Why the fuck was he even there?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:32 AM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
That's just it though. Cameos are retarded unless they're in the end of the movie and you're setting up another one.

Hawkeye in the first Thor movie? ****ing stupid. Dipshit doesn't even do anything....just stands up there. Why the **** was he even there?
So fanboys could go, "OMGOMGOMG! didyoujustseeHawkeyethatwassobadass! OMG!"
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:35 AM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
So fanboys could go, "OMGOMGOMG! didyoujustseeHawkeyethatwassobadass! OMG!"
Fanboys are part of the problem.....myself included.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:55 AM 02-07-2014
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I would assume that's exactly what they would be in this movie, setup for JL.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 126
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up