ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2548 of 3903
« First < 1548204824482498253825442545254625472548 254925502551255225582598264830483548 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
eDave 06:56 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Is it political to say that cases and deaths in border counties are substantially higher than anywhere else in said states while the country just across said border is having a lot of issues?
I'm sure it will be soon. Thanks for posting.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:57 AM 07-10-2020
Looks like hospitalizations in Arizona are trending down? Am I reading that right?
That's what I have seen in the charts on their dashboard
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:57 AM 07-10-2020
Is it political to say that cases and deaths in border counties are substantially higher than anywhere else in said states while the country just across said border is having a lot of issues?
I don't know, but I've said it several times.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 06:58 AM 07-10-2020
As an aside, I had a doctor appointment yesterday and asked to be tested for the antibodies to see if that shit I had just before the shutdown was COVID. I’m interested in hearing the result.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:02 AM 07-10-2020
It makes no sense to me how this stuff is spun. “New York and Italy and Spain did a great job getting this under control”

Uh yeah, after it ripped thru the curve came down and it looks the same as it does in Sweden where they didn’t do the big lockdowns. But they did great?

Maybe I’m reading things wrong
No I would say you are spot on....
[Reply]
petegz28 07:04 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I don't know, but I've said it several times.
So have I. Right before or as things started hitting our border states, Mexico had a really big surge in Covid as I understand it. Illegal immigrant crap aside, there is still a lot of business traffic, etc., that takes place crossing the borders.
[Reply]
O.city 07:06 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
So have I. Right before or as things started hitting our border states, Mexico had a really big surge in Covid as I understand it. Illegal immigrant crap aside, there is still a lot of business traffic, etc., that takes place crossing the borders.
There’s a shitload of us citizens that live in Mexico

If they were to get it I’d imagine I’d wanna come back here to be treated
[Reply]
O.city 07:07 AM 07-10-2020
No I would say you are spot on....
I’m not saying anyone has really done a “good” job on this. It’s fucked three ways from Sunday

But holding up places that have the highest death rate as doing a good job seems off to me
[Reply]
O.city 07:08 AM 07-10-2020
It actually seems like these other states learned from New York what not to do and are doing a better job woth it All things considered
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:09 AM 07-10-2020
It makes no sense to me how this stuff is spun. “New York and Italy and Spain did a great job getting this under control”

Uh yeah, after it ripped thru the curve came down and it looks the same as it does in Sweden where they didn’t do the big lockdowns. But they did great?

Maybe I’m reading things wrong

I don't think I would consider what they did was great they were just the unlucky areas that got to go first. It wouldn't matter who it went first it would have been a shit show.

But 6 months later and some of these states and their citizens still haven't learned from those earliest hit and to me that is what is depressing. No leadership.
[Reply]
O.city 07:17 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I don't think I would consider what they did was great they were just the unlucky areas that got to go first. It wouldn't matter who it went first it would have been a shit show.

But 6 months later and some of these states and their citizens still haven't learned from those earliest hit and to me that is what is depressing. No leadership.
New York and their leadership seemed to do everything wrong.

We’re shielding the elderly now, nursing homes and such.

The biggest issue I see is that some places didn’t use the lockdown to really plan
[Reply]
kcxiv 07:19 AM 07-10-2020
Try spiced cherry bitters. That's my favorite. And if you are going to use cheap vermouth get at least Martini & Rossi. Don't go for that super cheap shit. The better the vermouth the better the cocktail. Olive & Ivy is who turned me onto Antica. They make great Manhattans and their fillets, OMFG. Dude I live in KC which is like the kingdom of steaks and Olive & Ivy's fillet is arguably the best fucking steak I have ever had.
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

because alot of people still think its a hoax or its just the flu! It just sucks all around that people dont know how to be smart about it.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:19 AM 07-10-2020
Disney world opening this weekend,seems like a good idea.
[Reply]
kcxiv 07:21 AM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Disney world opening this weekend,seems like a good idea.
isnt there a ban fro most major countries from coming to the USA? This is just going to all be American on American spread. lol
[Reply]
petegz28 07:25 AM 07-10-2020
New York and their leadership seemed to do everything wrong.

We’re shielding the elderly now, nursing homes and such.

The biggest issue I see is that some places didn’t use the lockdown to really plan
Kansas seems to have yet grasped the concept of keep Covid patients out of nursing homes.....
[Reply]
Page 2548 of 3903
« First < 1548204824482498253825442545254625472548 254925502551255225582598264830483548 > Last »
Up