ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Squirrels eating wiring
crayzkirk 04:12 PM 12-30-2019
How do I get rid of the squirrels that are eating the wiring and hoses in my car?

Got in my 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee to go to the lake the last weekend and it was hard to start. Got is started and immediately smelled strong gasoline. Shut it down to find the hose between the fuel rails was chewed up. While inspecting the rest of the engine compartment, I found one of the air vent hoses was chewed up and the wiring to the front drivers side turn signals was eaten through. Also, the ABS warning light came on which indicates that those wires were probably lunch for some squirrels.

I have a pump BB rifle however I don't want to be shooting it around my cars. I also don't want to put out any sort of poison that might harm other animals.

Traps or put a cup of antifreeze under the hood for them to drink while dining?
[Reply]
rtmike 07:50 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Sure it’s squirrels and not rats?

Well, here’s a story, I was picking up my Audi from the service at the dealer and just out of curiosity asked the guy “What’s the most expensive repair someone has needed?”

Dude says “$68,000. A guy had an R8 that he only drove once a month for pleasure. Rats chewed through his wire harness, the whole wire harness had to be replaced throughout the car.

FFS

This.

They’ve been ordered by the Ratbirds to start disabling as many Chief fan rigs as possible. Soon to be city wide...lol.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:18 PM 12-30-2019
Live traps and peanut butter.
I have trapped a couple dozen in the past 12 months.
I haul them off about 5 miles away to a park and let them go.
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:21 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Live traps and peanut butter.
I have trapped a couple dozen in the past 12 months.
I haul them off about 5 miles away to a park and let them go.
i hope you let them go in the pond at the park.....
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:25 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
i hope you let them go in the pond at the park.....
Promised the young ones in the family I won't kill them.
If I could get thru Elway's gate I would drop them off at his house.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:26 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
mothballs.

I'd use gofer killer and drain o on the ground (keep dogs and cats away) this goes well with antifreeze... get feet wet walk though drain o. lick feet DED
Antifreeze and Aids are only good for CP posters. No need to try and kill animals let alone possibly innocent ones.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:44 PM 12-30-2019
.22 and a crock pot = stew.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:04 PM 12-30-2019
I used to chase squirrel but now I'm married.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:54 PM 12-30-2019
Good rat poison/mouse poison. Aint much that eats dead squirrels that matters a damn and unlikely the squirrel would deliver a lethal dose to a animal that would eat it anyway
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:14 PM 12-30-2019
2 choices.. Kill them or feed them away from your car.
I have had serious tree rat problems in the past.
Shooting 5 a day with a 22 cal pellet rifle didnt even put a dent in the population.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:15 PM 12-30-2019
Pumpkin works great.
[Reply]
Flying High D 10:24 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I used to chase squirrel tits but now I'm married.
Ok
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:26 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Pumpkin works great.
My wife put a pumpkin in our back yard and it caused a major squirrel territorial war. The pumpkin was a Squirrel Stalingrad with control ebbing and flowing for weeks.
[Reply]
PHOG 09:06 PM 12-31-2019
Do you live in Blue Springs? :-)
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:32 PM 01-03-2020
Comcast tech showed me an amp picked clean of insulation, no remains to be seen. Should have been fried several times over.
[Reply]
seclark 07:38 PM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Comcast tech showed me an amp picked clean of insulation, no remains to be seen. Should have been fried several times over.
The tech, the amp or the squirrel?
Sec
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up