ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 163
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Major Update on Tyreek Hill [old thread, don't freak out]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:44 AM 04-24-2019

Today at 3:00, Steve will be holding a press conference regarding the criminal investigation involving Tyreek Hill and Crystal Espinal. This will be held in our 4th floor conference room.

— Johnson County KS DA (@JohnsonCoDA) April 24, 2019

From @NFLTotalAccess: The latest on #Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill... pic.twitter.com/5xEpODrhuf

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 25, 2019

[Reply]
srvy 03:03 PM 04-24-2019
Should have been a press release and not a news conference. That release should have just said no charges to be filed and left at that.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:03 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
My advice, make changes in your personal life. I mean hire a ****ing nanny if you need too. Then accept whatever punishment the NFL gives you. Then move on. If Hill gives one inch, the NFL and PC gods will crush him.
That was why I reacted the way I did to her being pregnant again. It was like, holy shit, seriously?

Unfortunately that whole bit about making changes could work for a lot of people in the league.
[Reply]
FAX 03:03 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Hate to break it to you guys, but this is how 90% of the country is probably going to view this outside of Chiefs fans.
That's probably how 80% of them viewed him anyway.

Unfortunately.

FAX
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:04 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
:-)

Come on, now. You'd be the only one not surprised if the Chiefs cut him. Lol

At this point even if he does get suspended, he's going to appeal. What will he lose his appeal over? Goodell's opinion on the highlights he's read of the case?
Maybe, maybe not. Depending on circumstances, an appeal could impact his ability to play in the post-season.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:04 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
The courts have already litigated this and said the NFL (commissioner) has the ability to suspend any player they believe violated the Personal Conduct policy. That is why Elliott decided not to pursue it further.
Elliott had an accuser pointing the finger directly at him in his case while Tyreek isn't even accused in this case....
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:04 PM 04-24-2019
sounded like the D.A wanted 5 min of fame.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:04 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I didn't watch any of this but just going through the thread did they not just say that they have evidence of a crime but no one to 100% pin it on? How do you take that as it was probably an accident?
It could’ve happened due to neglect? An accident where he was disciplining his child in a normal way and the kid fought it and it led to the broken arm?
[Reply]
petegz28 03:04 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
"if this happened and was caught on tape, he's be prosecuted".

riveting take by Kietzman
Dude, Kietzman is an idiot. I had to listen to him because of the Royals on 610. He is desperately making a plea for the NFL to suspend him and for the Chiefs to cut him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:04 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by TravelingChiefs:
Hill isn't getting suspended. Get over it.
And when he does?

Look, I don't WANT Hill to get suspended. At this point, I don't think he SHOULD be suspended.

But if you think there's no chance he will at this point, you simply haven't been paying attention to the NFL.
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:05 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
AP beat his kids dick with a stick. Did Tyreek reenact Hostel with his kid or something?
...and AP missed the rest of the season (15 games) after that occurred
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:05 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Should have been a press release and not a news conference. That release should have just said no charges to be filed and left at that.
Yep, which is why i said he just wanted his 5 min of fame. He wanted the USA to see his face cause he knew every sports media outlet would put it on their networks.

Something is very wrong with this.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:05 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
An appeal will drag on for months. It's a distraction during a potential Super Bowl season.

At this point it doesn't even matter if he wins on appeal or not, it's still a mess.
No reason to appeal if he gets games anyway. You can't win. Brady, Peterson and Zeke all lost in court. Appealing to Goodell only works if you have evidence that he doesn't have. In this case everything is sealed. Whatever he gets is final.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:06 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Elliott had an accuser pointing the finger directly at him in his case while Tyreek isn't even accused in this case....
So they suspended Elliott based on hearsay. An account that wasn't credible enough to seek criminal charges but credible enough to warrant a suspension.

Think about that for a minute and then think about this case.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:06 PM 04-24-2019
The NFL can do whatever they want with Hill. Just like every employer in America. As long as he’s not punished for a constituitional protected right, race/religion etc. they can fire, suspend you as they see fit. Now there is a union agreement in place. That might keep him from doing something unlilateraly.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 03:06 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Everyone is just assuming that Tyreek Hill is the primary suspect that the DA can't convict.

We don't know.

Could be the wife, could be the childcare person, could be a child accident.

People are assuming it's Tyreek because of a previous crime.
And as the DA stated in the press conference, we likely NEVER will know either as it is probably going to be sealed to protect the child.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 163
« First < 414748495051 5253545561101151 > Last »
Up