ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Thanksgiving 2019
HonestChieffan 08:58 AM 11-12-2019

We are just a couple weeks away from Thanksgiving Day and started making plans for celebrating the day. Here is a good read on history:
https://carm.org/thanksgiving

We have done Turkey about every way possible and we seem to alway go back to traditional side dishes...Sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, fruit salad, cranberries, even mashed potatoes and of course dressing.

So many things we all have to be thankful for!!

What do you all do? Anything not as traditional?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:50 PM 11-27-2019
I'm brining my big bird -- a flamingo. Just for leftovers.
[Reply]
eDave 02:39 PM 11-27-2019

[Reply]
Randallflagg 03:17 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
:-)

Interesting idea. I'm cooking a second bird just for the extra stuffing.

One thing about throat cancer......I can't swallow worth a damn yet...my "turkey dinner" will be accompanied by a Vitamix while the rest of the family pretends that I'm "enjoying" myself... :-)

Another month or two I'll be back to normal and will kick its ass then :-)
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:00 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
One thing about throat cancer......I can't swallow worth a damn yet...my "turkey dinner" will be accompanied by a Vitamix while the rest of the family pretends that I'm "enjoying" myself... :-)

Another month or two I'll be back to normal and will kick its ass then :-)
:-)

From your lips....
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:11 PM 11-27-2019
Sooo ready for this

Green bean casserole, stuffing, turkey and cranberries will comprise most of the first plate
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 05:30 PM 11-27-2019
We all have things we are thankful for. Regardless of our belief in a higher power.

For Thanksgiving at our house, I'm thankful for another birthday today. In thankful for a companion and spouse who has been amazing and a partner since 1973. Im thankful for a son and DIL and a grandson who, at a bit over a year old, brings nothing but joy to our world.

Thanksgiving is our opportunity annually to reflect on our good fortune whoever we are and to recognize we are blessed by God to live in an amazing place, in a great time. We praise God for his blessings!

After Thanksgiving we begin the celebration of the birth of the Christ Child, a miracle and a gift from God that blesses us all. Let's try to find those things that bring us together and set aside division.

Happy Thanksgiving to all our CP friends and to all Chiefs fans and let's join on a great and rewarding journey to Christmas in celebration and song.

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:02 PM 11-27-2019
VIDEO: Students say it’s NOT okay to celebrate Thanksgiving

‘Based off of the genocide of indigenous people’

As Thanksgiving draws near, The College Fix visited Macalester College in Minnesota to ask students if it’s acceptable to celebrate the holiday.

Most of the students said no, and several gave a qualified yes, that being it’s okay to celebrate Thanksgiving as long as one keeps in mind the oppression it represents or that it’s more about spending time with family than honoring the past.

For those who said no, they mainly focused on themes such as oppression and colonization.

“I think that Thanksgiving has been misconstrued a lot, especially in textbooks,” one student told The College Fix. “It’s kind of just based off of the genocide of indigenous people and I don’t really think that we actually give thanks on Thanksgiving, we just eat a bunch of food and it’s just a bunch of capitalist bullshit.” [The food part is what it mostly appears to be to HCF :-)]

https://www.thecollegefix.com/video-...-thanksgiving/

[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:22 PM 11-27-2019
But the students like/love the day off.:-)
[Reply]
BanHam 08:45 PM 11-27-2019

[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:09 AM 11-28-2019
Bird is on the grill, Happy times for all today. Thankful for all God's blessings. Careful driving today, its beginning to rain/sleet just a bit south of KC.

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:20 AM 12-01-2019

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:21 AM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
But the students like/love the day off.:-)
Teachers and Profs too. Lazy mofo's!
[Reply]
Jim Hammer 01:31 PM 12-01-2019
I just made the bread.

[Reply]
kcxiv 03:03 PM 12-01-2019
a bit late, but all i eat on this day is turkey, ham, mashed taters, corn, buscuits and pumpkin pie for my dessert. Its all i ever eat, and its all i care about.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:11 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
a bit late, but all i eat on this day is turkey, ham, mashed taters, corn, buscuits and pumpkin pie for my dessert. Its all i ever eat, and its all i care about.
Throw in some gravy and we're twins.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Up