ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 46
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Glazer: Chiefs expect Mahomes to play in AFCCG
pugsnotdrugs19 09:10 PM 01-17-2021
Just now on FOX postgame.

Said the reason he was real woozy getting up was they thought he got choked out to some extent by the LB..

But sounded very confident he was going to be good for this week. Also said Mahomes was trying to go back into the game today.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:48 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Mahomes led team.
Wasn't relevant in his statement.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 05:56 AM 01-19-2021
Can't sleep, been up since 4am, brain not working properly...

This Brachial Stun everyone is talking about? Can we bring in some experts to teach our defensive players how to use it? Diggs across the middle? Brachial Stun! Josh Allen scrambles? Brachial Stun! Really sounds like an effective technique for eliminating 'problem' players for the other team with no actual injury.

I couldn't find the sarcasm font...
[Reply]
luv 08:23 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
Where does one find the protocol? Is it like Bigfoot or a clitoris?

Never seen but often talked about.
https://www.nfl.com/playerhealthands...-nb-gg-1800003
[Reply]
emaw1979 08:25 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Ex-Chief and Eagle medical person, been with Andy Reid chimes in with Kissel and Leckey.

I've had a concussion, brachial stun and carotid restraint. The brachial and carotid I've applied as well.

I do not believe this was a brachial stun due to the need to strike and the recovery symptoms are not as severe as Mahomes had for several seconds after.

However, the carotid restraint mimics exactly what Mahomes displayed. The arm tackle on the side of his neck in conjunction with his shoulder pad would have done the trick. He would have also had the exact same dazed look and balance issues. So I definitely buy this as a possibility. He would have still entered protocol but would have been fine by the time he went to the tent and passed all his tests.

It's also potentially a concussion. He did not appear to strike his head and I don't feel the tackle was severe enough to give him one with "whiplash," but I acknowledge everyone is different. His symptoms after the concussion are consistent with a concussion.

I am highly optimistic he will play however if it's a concussion, I worry how it will affect his game if he plays. Mahomes biggest asset isn't his arm or accuracy it's his massive brain that gives him the ability to diagnose plays, make quick adjustments etc.
[Reply]
RomanJacobi 08:54 AM 01-19-2021
When we were kids, and too young to get hold of beer, we used to do this weird thing to get "high." You squat down and start hyperventilating fast and deep. Then after a minute or so of that, you stand up and a guy picks you up in a bear-hug and squeezes your chest. You pass out.

We were teenagers. I make no excuses or apologies.

You're only out for a couple of seconds, but you end up confused, you don't remember exactly what happened or how long you were out. It's impossible to get up and walk without assistance and it wears off almost completely after a couple of minutes.

That's obviously not what happened to Mahomes, but it's still hypoxia related syncope whether it's hyperventilation, a brachial slammo/choke situation or teenagers with more time on their hands than beers in the fridge. So I buy into the non-concussion possibility scenario.

I also agree that, regardless if it was a concussion or not, Mahomes will play on Sunday.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:17 AM 01-19-2021

[Reply]
Sofa King 10:24 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
You should include a sentence about what the video is about when you post it. Most people will skip right over this, myself included. I don't know who these people are and don't know why I should believe anything they say. I skipped through it a little and it basically sounded like they were straight reading someone else's updates.
[Reply]
sedated 10:35 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Can't sleep, been up since 4am, brain not working properly...

This Brachial Stun everyone is talking about? Can we bring in some experts to teach our defensive players how to use it? Diggs across the middle? Brachial Stun! Josh Allen scrambles? Brachial Stun! Really sounds like an effective technique for eliminating 'problem' players for the other team with no actual injury.

I couldn't find the sarcasm font...
The Texas State Fighting Armadillos proved judo chops qualify as a personal foul.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:47 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
No.

The Concussion Protocol states that Mahomes must be cleared by an independent neurologist.

It’s complete out of Reid’s hands.
And the only reason he is in concussion protocol is because he staggered when he got up. That's an automatic entrance into concussion protocol whether he had one or not which I am not sure how many fans knew that before (I didn't) but it makes sense to a degree. Reid mentioned this yesterday

Good news if he didn't have one he will be out of it rather easily and quickly.

Interestingly had Mahomes just laid on the ground for a few minutes and caught his breath and balance he likely would have been able to go back in the game.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 11:53 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
And the only reason he is in concussion protocol is because he staggered when he got up. That's an automatic entrance into concussion protocol whether he had one or not which I am not sure how many fans knew that before (I didn't) but it makes sense to a degree. Reid mentioned this yesterday

Good news if he didn't have one he will be out of it rather easily and quickly.

Interestingly had Mahomes just laid on the ground for a few minutes and caught his breath and balance he likely would have been able to go back in the game.
I wondered this exact thing when I saw him running back to the locker room. Unfortunately, he probably didn't have his bearings enough to make a logical decision in the moment. Trying to get back up was likely just his athletic/warrior instinct.
[Reply]
Pants 11:57 AM 01-19-2021
Somebody credible said somewhere that no news on Monday and Tuesday is actually great news.

So far, so good.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:57 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
Where does one find the protocol? Is it like Bigfoot or a clitoris?

Never seen but often talked about.
Wait, you've never seen a Bigfoot?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:58 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Somebody credible said somewhere that no news on Monday and Tuesday is actually great news.

So far, so good.
Why would there be news on Monday or Tuesday? Nothing gets said until Wednesday anyway.
[Reply]
Pants 11:59 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Why would there be news on Monday or Tuesday? Nothing gets said until Wednesday anyway.
I don't know but I imagine if he suffered a concussion, there would probably be symptoms and we might find out about them?

I am just saying what I heard. I can't remember who said it. Might have been Schefter.
[Reply]
Pants 11:59 AM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Wait, you've never seen a Bigfoot?
:-)
[Reply]
Page 16 of 46
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up